I hope recruits not only paid attention to how UCONN plays the game... | The Boneyard

I hope recruits not only paid attention to how UCONN plays the game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
But also how much they players love each other, love their coach, how classy and genuine Geno is, and how great the entire UCONN basketball program is. Aside from the fact that it's almost universally acknowledged that no team runs offense like UCONN, it's also clear no one plays defense like UCONN.

Great comment by Doris during the game, I believe, towards the end where she said that any coaches out there watching who aspire to be as good as UCONN need to take some time and go watch them practice. There's a reason UCONN players are the most fit, have the most stamina, never take a play off, and genuinely love basketball. It starts from the top.

I realize that UCONN is not for everyone. It's been pointed out that the main reason Geno wanted to offer Dolson when no one else was really interested in her was because he watched her in one AAU game. Every time she fell or got knocked down, she leaped back up and sprinted down the court to get back into the play.

She didn't come to UCONN with the most talent, or physical gifts, but no one has ever worked harder to transform themselves to achieve all the success she so much deserves. And that's just one example.

UCONN is NOT for everyone because you can't come play there if you just expect to coast on your god-given talent. But there is simply no better place in this universe if you want to be part of the greatest program on the planet, and if you are willing to work as hard as humanly possible. The rewards are well worth it. Just ask every player who's ever come thru the program.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
In total agreement.

And let me add - I hope the recruits read your post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom