I have figured out this team | The Boneyard

I have figured out this team

Status
Not open for further replies.

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
There is a big difference in games we win vs. games we lose.

In games we win, the team spreads the scoring between many players, freeing up Boatright.

In games we lose, no one else is a big enough scoring threat and Boatright is double-teamed the whole game. And to make it worse, Ollie doesn't call enough time-outs and lets the game get out of hand. Calhoun did not do this.

Also, in every game we lose, Phil Nolan commits a few horrible fouls with no purpose that warrant taking him out and never putting him back in. He needs to sit. And Purvis needs to not shoot a jumper on a fast break. That is all.

Reaction Score
In the games we win, guys hit their shots. In the games we lose, they miss them. Science.

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
Great synopsis. Will send a memo to the staff.

Ha ha. I know the second half is my fan anger coming out, but the first half is really a synopsis of the season. How many games have you watched where you felt we should have been taking a timeout but didn't?

The especially painful one was when Ollie didn't call T when we could have gone to overtime. Can't remember who it was against because I already blocked it out of my memory.

Reaction Score
Bash Nolan? C'mon, in reality all the 4-5s are bad. Brimah and Lubin have some potential.

There is a big difference in games we win vs. games we lose.

In games we win, the team spreads the scoring between many players, freeing up Boatright.

In games we lose, no one else is a big enough scoring threat and Boatright is double-teamed the whole game. And to make it worse, Ollie doesn't call enough time-outs and lets the game get out of hand. Calhoun did not do this.

Also, in every game we lose, Phil Nolan commits a few horrible fouls with no purpose that warrant taking him out and never putting him back in. He needs to sit. And Purvis needs to not shoot a jumper on a fast break. That is all.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
In the games we lose, the other team seems to score more points. Scoring more points seems to be the result of shooting a better percentage, taking more shots, or both. Turnovers and rebounds have something to do with that.

I could totally be a coach.

Reaction Score
I've noticed when the ball goes in from a shot from behind the arc it is worth 3 points. We should make those as they give more points

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
I don't think that it is a matter of our scoring more points than our opponent but that they score less point than we do..

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
So you're saying that other than Boat, no one on this team is dangerous enough to warrant special concern so the opponents can devote all their effort to stopping Boat?

Interesting hypothesis. I suggest you avoid watching games next season when the opponents adjust by standing around waiting for us to turn the ball over or fire the ball off the back of the rim.

Reaction Score
In the games we win, guys hit their shots. In the games we lose, they miss them. Science.
I agree to a point. But this team, unlike last year's, loses its composure when things start to unravel.

Ollie and the players need to be able to execute plays that get players not named Boatright good shots. For example Facey and Brimah are capable of knocking down midrange Js, probably a shot that is available when teams try to double Ryan and overplay our guards.

One thing that killed us last night was Hamilton had a lot of space most of the game to knock down shots but he simply was missing most of them.

Also, Purvis couldn't hit anything. You have to give SMU credit. They defended their brains out.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So you're saying that other than Boat, no one on this team is dangerous enough to warrant special concern so the opponents can devote all their effort to stopping Boat?

Interesting hypothesis. I suggest you avoid watching games next season when the opponents adjust by standing around waiting for us to turn the ball over or fire the ball off the back of the rim.[/QUOTE
There are other players to cause opponents concern. Unfortunately, there are usually only three of them on the floor at any given time.

Reaction Score
SMU played really well last night. Our guys made nothing to speak of outside of Boat. Our defense is a shell of what it needs to be when we're not making shots. Years past it became more intense, more passionate when they needed to because of offensive struggles. Not the same this year!

Reaction Score
Our transition D was bad, but when you miss a lot of shots and lose your composure, that's what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom