I have a secret for Kofi and Wahab | The Boneyard

I have a secret for Kofi and Wahab

Reaction Score
Nope no way both can come here. The 39th and 135th player both need to start and play the full game. No way they could coexist. Not enough minutes.

My 12 year old niece is tougher than our entire current front court minus Yakwe (and he won’t be here next year)

Reaction Score
we already have akok, we only need one. preferably kofi

Reaction Score
Akok plays the three and maybe some stretch four in a pinch. He is about the size of a No2 pencil, and will not fix our issues.

Reaction Score
Akok, Cockburn, and Wahab would confine Carlton, Polley, Whaley, and Diarra to 10th man and beyond. They could easily cover 70 of the 80 minutes at the 4 and 5, though I'd be concerned about Cockburn and Wahab playing together and stifling the offense.

Reaction Score
Fans can disagree and i respectfully do. Kofi is so big and not used to the speed of the college game. He isn't getting more than 30 mins. At number 135 Wahab can start at URI. He is a program guy here. Not a one and done and he could be the man junior year.

Reaction Score
Akok, Cockburn, and Wahab would confine Carlton, Polley, Whaley, and Diarra to 10th man and beyond. They could easily cover 70 of the 80 minutes at the 4 and 5, though I'd be concerned about Cockburn and Wahab playing together and stifling the offense.
No one is forcing anyone to leave. Or stay. The 3 have no effect on Sid and Polley. Polley is a three on a real team.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Fans can disagree and i respectfully do. Kofi is so big and not used to the speed of the college game. He isn't getting more than 30 mins. At number 135 Wahab can start at URI. He is a program guy here. Not a one and done and he could be the man junior year.

That’s true, but he won’t see it that way. Akok is a shot blocking 4 even if thin. More likely Mitchell reclasses and comes a year later

Reaction Score
I am tired of fogging losing and tonight does not bode well. Come on.

This program needs to go ruthless. Clean but most assuredly ruthless. If you aren't good enough to play on a top 15 team well I am sorry.

Danny should not ask one single academically qualifying player to leave. But he must level with them. Right now we still have room for wahab and kofi. I believe they can co exist and get minutes. My God we don't even have a front court. Wahab would have to buy in first year. They both commit
and there will be plenty of room for Precious or whomever. I really woudn"t care if anyone on next year's roster not named Polley, Wison or is a guard makes other plans. I am fogging tired of losing. Top 15 or bust. Then back to the top.

Honest. Clean. Ruthless. Now.

Reaction Score
We absolutely need more than just Kofi but I don't really see any way Hurley convinces both of them to come here.

Reaction Score
Akok plays the three and maybe some stretch four in a pinch. He is about the size of a No2 pencil, and will not fix our issues.

you don't think akok will average more than the 2.2 rebs/game polley gets? i'm not saying akok averaging 4-5 rebs/game will fix our issues either, or that akok couldn't play the 3 in a vacuum. but if hurley wants to get his five best/most talented guys on the court together that probably means three guards with akok at the 4.

We absolutely need more than just Kofi but I don't really see any way Hurley convinces both of them to come here.

agreed- hopefully we get one of kofi/wahab plus a grad transfer

Last edited:

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Upperclassman Carlton is fine as a backup. You’re not filling out your roster with 4 star backups unless you’re duke/Kentucky.

Reaction Score
Upperclassman Carlton is fine as a backup. You’re not filling out your roster with 4 star backups unless you’re duke/Kentucky.
Carlton isn't fine and man we are all beat up because that is not the attitude. 4 star big men as thin as wahab are works in progress and at numerous programs will get 15 to 20 minutes.

My head isn't in the sand. I know our rep has taken a hit but we cannot just punt on Wahab who has not said no. He would get 8 to 10 Kofi on bench minutes and 8 to 10 akok minutes. Not bad. Wahab is said to have a nice shot and Kofi will play like only 1 or 2 other centers in all of college BB.

I know it is a long shot but so was Daniels. Idc about Carlton. Good kid but he can be the 4th big and get his right sized 10 mins.

Must be ruthless.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Carlton isn't fine and man we are all beat up because that is not the attitude. 4 star big men as thin as wahab are works in progress and at numerous programs will get 15 to 20 minutes.

My head isn't in the sand. I know our rep has taken a hit but we cannot just punt on Wahab who has not said no. He would get 8 to 10 Kofi on bench minutes and 8 to 10 akok minutes. Not bad. Wahab is said to have a nice shot and Kofi will play like only 1 or 2 other centers in all of college BB.

I know it is a long shot but so was Daniels. Idc about Carlton. Good kid but he can be the 4th big and get his right sized 10 mins.

Must be ruthless.
Man, it's gonna be awkward when you realize Wahab is actually a 3 star.

Wahab cannot play the 4, so please stop pretending him and Kofi would co-exist well.

Upperclassmen Polley and Carlton are fine backups, you're overreacting after a terrible game for each of them.

Reaction Score

Must be ruthless.
Man, it's gonna be awkward when you realize Wahab is actually a 3 star.

Wahab cannot play the 4, so please stop pretending him and Kofi would co-exist well.

Upperclassmen Polley and Carlton are fine backups, you're overreacting after a terrible game for each of them.
Maybe 40% of his minutes come at the 4. We disagree and that is fine. You made my point for me. As the 137th ranked, 3 star is a perfect backup here. I did not say anything about Polley. I have never been a fan of Carlton's play. Good kid. I want these problems.

Reaction Score
I know our rep has taken a hit but we cannot just punt on Wahab who has not said no.

hurley would be putting everyone single one of his eggs in Kofi's basket if he punted on Wahab. extremely risky move.

now that kofi has said he won't decide till april there's a good chance wahab takes the leap first. i hope hurley welcomes him with open arms if he wants to come here.

plus Illinois already signed Antwan January- a 6'11 240 center ranked #126 in the country. compare that to wahab- a 6'10 230 center ranked #128 in the country.

unless kofi's visit to illinois was a total sham, that implies antawn's commitment doesn't bother him, so neither should wahab's hypothetical commitment here. and even if those two guys do give kofi pause then that only leaves Pitt which is no choice at all

Reaction Score
People complain that we don't have enough talent (and I agree we don't) yet they want us to rush and take Wahab, when we lead for Kofi who is a borderline 5 star center who makes a MUCH BIGGER IMPACT Day One than Wahab would. Kofi is ranked I believe 100 spots higher than Wahab.

@UConnStats has said this before. There is a Wahab in every class. There isn't a Kofi in every class.

Trust the staff here. If they didn't feel they were in a good spot with Kofi, they would go after Wahab harder. Not sure why this is hard for people to understand.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
People complain that we don't have enough talent (and I agree we don't) yet they want us to rush and take Wahab, when we lead for Kofi who is a borderline 5 star center who makes a MUCH BIGGER IMPACT Day One than Wahab would. Kofi is ranked I believe 100 spots higher than Wahab.

@UConnStats has said this before. There is a Wahab in every class. There isn't a Kofi in every class.

Trust the staff here. If they didn't feel they were in a good spot with Kofi, they would go after Wahab harder. Not sure why this is hard for people to understand.

Because the sky is falling obviously and we should be securing our recruiting class in August. /s

Reaction Score

Sometimes this board really is crazytown.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom