I hate to ask but can Boat keep this pace all year | The Boneyard

I hate to ask but can Boat keep this pace all year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He playing a lot, looks spent at the end of each game, is banged up and is carrying the team. Add to that he's a senior with the stress of auditioning for the NBA, having little assistance.

I'm just worried at the amount of minutes he's playing and being the point guard (involved in every play) that come February he might get worn down. The kid takes no plays off including defensive.

Have we had any other player in this predicament, asked to do pratcially 'everything' for almost the whole game? I really am starting to worry and its only December.

caw

Reaction Score
He playing a lot, looks spent at the end of each game, is banged up and is carrying the team. Add to that he's a senior with the stress of auditioning for the NBA, having little assistance.

I'm just worried at the amount of minutes he's playing and being the point guard (involved in every play) that come February he might get worn down.

Have we had any other player in this predicament, asked to do pratcially 'everything' for almost the whole game? I really am starting to worry and its only December.

He averaged 30, 36, 32, 36 MPG in his 4 years here. He's not too much above his norm.

Reaction Score
We asked that of Bazz so why not? Only difference for him is he needs someone to step up and be like HE was for Bazz.

Reaction Score
We asked that of Bazz so why not? Only difference for him is he needs someone to step up and be like HE was for Bazz.
Bazz was able to be rested and to take plays off 'in game'. Boat does not have that luxury, as he is the primary and only reliable ball handler. Its a little different. Like you said he can't ever defer.

Reaction Score
Boat had the classic "Bazz minute" between 13 and 12 min left in the first half. That's all Bazz needed many nights...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Bazz was able to be rested and to take plays off 'in game'. Boat does not have that luxury, as he is the primary and only reliable ball handler. Its a little different. Like you said he can't ever defer.

That's it in a nutshell. For some reason the lack of other reliable ball handlers totally escaped me when I was thinking about our team before the season. I guess I thought TSam, Sam. Jr. and/or Purvis would have some capacity there. The fact that Hamilton is our second best option says more about how poor they are in that regard than how good Hamilton is.

Reaction Score
I think he can. Regardless, I don't think he'd have it any other way. Once we get into the conference schedule he should be able to get a bit more rest.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I think can keep up the minutes, but I am concerned about the amount of time that the ball needs to be in his hands because of our lack of other reliable ball handlers--not to mention scorers.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Boat's post game news conference probably went something like this tonight...

Reaction Score
He averaged 30, 36, 32, 36 MPG in his 4 years here. He's not too much above his norm.
Does that mean he'll play the most career minutes here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom