I hate ESPN telecasts | The Boneyard

I hate ESPN telecasts

Reaction Score
They don’t stop talking and about 5% is about what is actually going on in the game. I guess for a “non fan”, it’s a 20 point game so they feel like they are trying to keep people entertained? I don’t know, my guess if weren’t a UConn fan you probably are not watching this game anyway.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
It isn't those working it is the producer that chooses not to show the game. Beyond that - yup!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
They said very little about Gabby's steal and basket because they were talking about the fashions.,

Reaction Score
I also hate when they use two frames and make it hard to watch the game. I did not want to watch Geno's back for 45 seconds while the game is going on.

Adam Amin must have the attention span of a gnat, he can't focus on the game for more than a few minutes at a time. I honestly turned the sound off a few times.

ESPN is making it way more attractive to see the game live.

Reaction Score
Total reversion to form for these three back to their early broadcasts of the season. Why would ESPN put Rebecca back on this team when Amin and Lawson had finally proven themselves as a good two-person team in Storrs?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Total reversion to form for these three back to their early broadcasts of the season. Why would ESPN put Rebecca back on this team when Amin and Lawson had finally proven themselves as a good two-person team in Storrs?
Ok, I must have missed that game(s).

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Swaggie Aggie like a drill in my head. Head bangHead bangHead bangHead bangHead bangHead bang

Ok. she is very talented but come on, she can lose a game just as easy as she can win one.

Reaction Score
Man, that was painful. Hopefully they will break this team up and have Amin work on the Tennessee game.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
I realize some of this is UConn fans venting, but I like A'ja. Please don't hate me! When UConn is leading by 20 late in the game, the casual fan might stick around for the fashion show but not necessarily for more basketball -- and certainly wouldn't care if KLS has another foul. Adam Amin was funny in that segment! Well, maybe weirdly short. Also really liked that segment on Vic Schaefer's son. How could anyone hate on Blair feeding her injured brother ice cream? For me, ESPN's efforts to show the human side of the sport are admirable -- whether the topic is a family's struggle or a player's fashion designs (or Gabby's record collection).

Reaction Score
they suck. The announcers are talking about themselves after someone - Lou? - was called for a foul. These announcers should never do another game together

Agree. This is a much-flogged horse on this site, and still the damn thing keeps twitching. I strongly recommend watching games on MUTE--even the "great" Holly Rowe. And I'd really like to watch the action on the court, not surrender half the screen to a full head of Holly saying nothing.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I'm sure you Boomers caught this. But for the record (ha), "When I'm 64" was on Sgt. Pepper, not Yellow Submarine.
For the record! That was pretty darn good. All that composing knowledge has paid off. Doubt many heard that, or paid attention. By the way, in 1967 I wondered why anyone would ask that question. Will You Still need Me, Will You Still Feed Me? I honestly never considered being 64. Shortsighted I guess. :D

Reaction Score
they suck. The announcers are talking about themselves after someone - Lou? - was called for a foul. These announcers should never do another game together
So glad you brought that up. I thought it was me just being in a bad mood.

Reaction Score
Amin is hard to take. He's way too announcery. "Hi I'm Amin and this is an exciting game whether it is or not"

Reaction Score
I realize some of this is UConn fans venting, but I like A'ja. Please don't hate me! When UConn is leading by 20 late in the game, the casual fan might stick around for the fashion show but not necessarily for more basketball -- and certainly wouldn't care if KLS has another foul. Adam Amin was funny in that segment! Well, maybe weirdly short. Also really liked that segment on Vic Schaefer's son. How could anyone hate on Blair feeding her injured brother ice cream? For me, ESPN's efforts to show the human side of the sport are admirable -- whether the topic is a family's struggle or a player's fashion designs (or Gabby's record collection).
I agree about the segment on Vic Schaefer's son, and generally I am happy to see the human interest segments. I just hate them running it is a window half the size of the screen, and totally ignoring the game. They can show those pieces during time outs, or in place of the studio pieces where they rehash what we have seen.

Reaction Score
I try to avoid what I hate.

I wasn’t watching, because I was at the game. But if I had been home I would have done what I do on virtually all sports telecasts: turn off the sound. What are you expecting to learn from them that you don’t already know or can’t see with your eyes? I agree that it’s incredibly annoying when they impose other visuals on the screen. We can’t control for what we see, but we can control for what we hear.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom