I hate BCU | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I hate BCU

Reaction Score
Understand your position BUT BCU will never bend over and let UConn in the ACC - NEVER
I think you meant that BC helped get UConn into the BE? That's not true - Dave Gavitt loved John Toner the PC/UConn rivalry and wouldn't give two bits what BC thought.
I will never not hate Cuse, Duke, ND, the Yankees and any team LeBron James plays on.
Hockey East.

Reaction Score
I hear you, but I no longer hate teams anymore. With the possible exception of ND. I have just outgrown it. BC played a big role in getting UConn into HE. If UConn ever gets into the ACC, BC will play a big role in that for the simple reason that the Eagles are finding it unsustainable being the lone northern outpost in a southern conference. I no longer hate the Yankees, the Pats, Stanford, or South Carolina. In fact, some of the most fun I have had at games is talking to the opponents' fans. Michigan, Boise, Rutgers, you name it.
Wow - I understand you don't want to hate, but BC was the largest factor in the destruction of Big East football, the only major football conference in the northeast. They also, by their own public admission, made sure UConn didn't get into the ACC. They have done NOTHING good for UConn.

Reaction Score
Longtime UConn fans haven’t forgiven what BC and DeFlippo did to our program. It’s ok to hate BC!
Oh, I don't have a problem with that. Just saying it has becomes a bit of a bore as the decades roll by and moving on is natural. No, I haven't forgotten. Haven't forgotten Bobby Thompson's HR or Larsen's perfect game either. Or Gibson's domination in 1967. But those people aren't there anymore.

Reaction Score
I stand with my Bolton guy @RSTuthill. As of today, Peter Karmanos is no longer Public Enemy #1. #UnitedWeStand
Oh ... well there ARE exceptions to every rule. ;) I am still processing Karamanos and Bettman. And that Penguins GM who came over to the Whalers who just dismantled them. Traded Ronnie for Zarley or somebody.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I hear you, but I no longer hate teams anymore. With the possible exception of ND. I have just outgrown it. BC played a big role in getting UConn into HE. If UConn ever gets into the ACC, BC will play a big role in that for the simple reason that the Eagles are finding it unsustainable being the lone northern outpost in a southern conference. I no longer hate the Yankees, the Pats, Stanford, or South Carolina. In fact, some of the most fun I have had at games is talking to the opponents' fans. Michigan, Boise, Rutgers, you name it.
yeah, i've kinda lost track for which team, coach, player, league, etc. that i'm expected to hate on here. seems kinda against the idea for sports as entertainment and fun, unless someone thinks hate is fun.
makes aboot as much sense as, well .....

Reaction Score
I will never stop hating Karamanos and Bettman. Those two people caused me to stop watching hockey for many years. It wasn't until six years ago when my grandson started playing that I got back into the sport.

Reaction Score
The ACC has already begun mulling over unequal distribution of media rights payout.

BCU would no doubt be among the least earning schools if not the least of the entire conference.

They literally bring no added value to the ACC outside of content. Nobody is watching on TV in Boston. Nobody is giving them coverage. They are an afterthought to an afterthought.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
They are a broken demoralized bunch. Good.
LOL

As I write this, I am on a plane. An international flight out of the United States. Boston College football’s loss to UConn, their first such loss in program history, has broken me to the point where I can no longer even be within the same borders as the team that haunts this waking nightmare. Maybe, across the ocean, they can’t hurt me as badly as they did on Saturday afternoon. Deep down, I know I’ll come back to them. But for now, I take solace in my escape.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Read their game thread. Pure schadenfreude and more than a little deja vu.

Reaction Score
There was nothing underhanded about Gibson's domination in '67. Literally.
Yeah, but he single handedly destroyed the Impossible Dream. The year I graduated and moved to CT to work for Pratt and become a Sox fan to add to my longtime Dodgers allegiance.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Yeah, but he single handedly destroyed the Impossible Dream. The year I graduated and moved to CT to work for Pratt and become a Sox fan to add to my longtime Dodgers allegiance.
I was 10 - the year I became a lifelong Sox fan... They were wheeling in TVs for us to watch the day games in the classroom. Got nothing but respect for Bob Gibson though.

Reaction Score
I just thoroughly enjoyed losing 45 minutes of time reading their Game Thread. I shouldn't revel in anyone else's misery, but I admit that I did.
BC UConn Game Thread (be sure to click "See all comments" at the end to see all the misery.)
Reading that was almost as much fun as the game itself. But it's clear they don't even know what truly god-awful football looks like, not the way we do after a decade of record setting futility.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
As I write this, I am on a plane. An international flight out of the United States. Boston College football’s loss to UConn, their first such loss in program history, has broken me to the point where I can no longer even be within the same borders as the team that haunts this waking nightmare. Maybe, across the ocean, they can’t hurt me as badly as they did on Saturday afternoon. Deep down, I know I’ll come back to them. But for now, I take solace in my escape.
This guy can leave the country but he can't escape his thoughts. No solace for you, BCU fan.

Reaction Score
The ACC has already begun mulling over unequal distribution of media rights payout.

BCU would no doubt be among the least earning schools if not the least of the entire conference.

They literally bring no added value to the ACC outside of content. Nobody is watching on TV in Boston. Nobody is giving them coverage. They are an afterthought to an afterthought.
you got that right. I live here in Boston and Boston College isn't even mentioned in 11:00 news, late night sports talk on TV, sports talk radio, or water cooler conversations at work or casual sports conversations anywhere else. As far as being an afterthought to an afterthought, that might be giving them too much credit. Boston College isn't on the mental radar or sports conscious at all.

Meanwhile you would have to try hard to not hear anything about the Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, or Bruins.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I was 10 - the year I became a lifelong Sox fan... They were wheeling in TVs for us to watch the day games in the classroom. Got nothing but respect for Bob Gibson though.
Same here. As a matter of fact, he was not on my radar before then. Guess I was guilty of following only my favorite teams.

Reaction Score
you got that right. I live here in Boston and Boston College isn't even mentioned in 11:00 news, late night sports talk on TV, sports talk radio, or water cooler conversations at work or casual sports conversations anywhere else. As far as being an afterthought to an afterthought, that might be giving them too much credit. Boston College isn't on the mental radar or sports conscious at all.

Meanwhile you would have to try hard to not hear anything about the Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, or Bruins.
In college hockey circles they were always mentioned.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom