I feel your pain Uconn... | The Boneyard

I feel your pain Uconn...

Reaction Score
A Terp fan who supported Randy Edsall until close to the end of his time at Maryland.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look good for you guys. I'm not trolling you. Really.

At Maryland, the hope was, when Randy got his players, the team would improve. And for awhile, the team was on a slow upward trajectory. A painfully slow, upward trajectory. And then we realized the trajectory was so slow, it was nearly flat.

To get clued into your future, look at the recruiting. We all want to think our coach is getting "his" guys, and that he's finding hidden gems. And that all the recruiting ratings are wrong. And that it will all come together. Unfortunately, all the recruiting rankings are not wrong. If you have the 100th ranked recruiting class, then guess what?

Sorry guys. I feel for you. Went through the same thing you're going through right now. Not trolling, just offering... well... the truth.

Reaction Score
The difference is your Terps are in a P5 conference and we’re not. You have that financial security. At this point not only is a P5 conference for us a pipe dream, but the football program has gone through such profound destruction of what it was since 2010 that the future of the football program itself is in question.

No, it’s not the same.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
A Terp fan who supported Randy Edsall until close to the end of his time at Maryland.

At Maryland, the hope was, when Randy got his players, the team would improve. And for awhile, the team was on a slow upward trajectory. A painfully slow, upward trajectory. And then we realized the trajectory was so slow, it was nearly flat.

To get clued into your future, look at the recruiting. We all want to think our coach is getting "his" guys, and that he's finding hidden gems. And that all the recruiting ratings are wrong. And that it will all come together. Unfortunately, all the recruiting rankings are not wrong. If you have the 100th ranked recruiting class, then guess what?

Sorry guys. I feel for you. Went through the same thing you're going through right now. Not trolling, just offering... well... the truth.
Stop. Just STOP. You're really not helping. If it's short and ugly, has a long beard and lives under a bridge, it's a troll.

Reaction Score
The Maryland Twerp is only telling us his experience. But, It’s much too early to start crapping on RE but the clouds of discontent are building on the horizon..

Also... I’d prefer Randy over a psycho killing our players

Reaction Score
No you dont you have no clue, and we didnt fire our coach after going 9-3, difference is we replaced Bob Diaco with Randy Edsall, Edsall wasnt the best choice he was the only choice.

Reaction Score
The sooner you guys cut ties with this guy, the better.

I thought things might be different when you hired that OF Coordinator from Auburn, but evidently that guy figured it out very quickly and wanted no part of it. Randy Edsall is just not a good coach. Maybe he was the blind squirrel finding an acorn the last time he was with you, but the only thing that is evident to me about Edsall is his overall mediocrity.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Who exactly are we going to hire to replace Edsall? We pay our football coach 1/3 of what we pay both of our basketball coaches and would likely need to pay Edsall's replacement even less than what we pay Edsall. Unfortunately, we are not one of those very fortunate grandfathered P5 schools making mountains of undeserved money and can buyout a coach every year. Talent wise, our 2-deep consists of mostly 18/19 yo kids who are too small and too slow to play FBS level right now. To recap, our replacement/next head coach would have to...

1. accept a salary of $500K - $750K/yr;
2. take over a FCS quality roster;
3. recruit predominantly northeast players to a non-P5 conference and a school with extremely high admissions standards;
4. manage unreasonably high expectations from our fanbase...some of which are in favor of dropping the sport altogether;
5. hire assistants with a coaching salary pool that couldn't fill a kids inflatable pool;
6. be expected to win in 1-2 years so we can ready ourselves for the next and final P5 conference realignment wheel.

Yeah, that candidate listing should be extremely long and high quality.

Reaction Score

I thought things might be different when you hired that OF Coordinator from Auburn, but evidently that guy figured it out very quickly and wanted no part of it. Randy Edsall is just not a good coach. Maybe he was the blind squirrel finding an acorn the last time he was with you, but the only thing that is evident to me about Edsall is his overall mediocrity.

Edsall may only be a so-so coach; but, he's our coach and seems to generally care about his players, i.e. is likely to call 911 for an player facing a major health issue immediately and not an hour later. Those 60+ minutes cost a kid his life and will likely cost Maryland a boat load of money.

Reaction Score

You’re funny. There is literally nothing you can tell us about Edsall that we couldn’t tell you already,

Reaction Score
Who exactly are we going to hire to replace Edsall? We pay our football coach 1/3 of what we pay both of our basketball coaches and would likely need to pay Edsall's replacement even less than what we pay Edsall. Unfortunately, we are not one of those very fortunate grandfathered P5 schools making mountains of undeserved money and can buyout a coach every year. Talent wise, our 2-deep consists of mostly 18/19 yo kids who are too small and too slow to play FBS level right now. To recap, our replacement/next head coach would have to...

1. accept a salary of $500K - $750K/yr;
2. take over a FCS quality roster;
3. recruit predominantly northeast players to a non-P5 conference and a school with extremely high admissions standards;
4. manage unreasonably high expectations from our fanbase...some of which are in favor of dropping the sport altogether;
5. hire assistants with a coaching salary pool that couldn't fill a kids inflatable pool;
6. be expected to win in 1-2 years so we can ready ourselves for the next and final P5 conference realignment wheel.

Yeah, that candidate listing should be extremely long and high quality.

Nailed it.

Reaction Score

Welcome to the hornets nest! Next time try not to kick it on the way in!!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
This guy does know that Edsall coached here for over 10 years before Maryland, right?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
upload_2018-9-26_19-48-9.gif
At least he hasn't accidentally killed any of our players.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Randy is great. You are terrible. Goodbye and goodnight.

Reaction Score

Definitely correct. Sad to say, but so true. This guy, RE, is so retro, it's like a complete capitulation. Is he better than Diaco? Duh. But so what? We need a blood transfusion and we need it fast. Otherwise, this program has to fold up. That's the sad truth. Hate to say it.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
At least he is not under investigation

Reaction Score
Starting this thread is aggressive but I understand the mindset. The only fun I had last season was reading the Husker forums.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Everyone got sucked into this puss head

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member