I feel your pain Uconn... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I feel your pain Uconn...

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Why is anybody feeding into this idiots psyche?
The Terps have their own issues and there is no reason for anyone there to lecture UConn
He's a troll looking for some jollies
IGNORE

Reaction Score
I completely understand that when I come on to another teams message board, there will be some who throw stones. No matter how well intentioned your post is. They'll point to your teams struggles and controversies, and use those to deflect from the original sentiment of the post.

And yes, in the Maryland football community we've had a tragedy, and that tragedy has spawned some controversy. And yes, a journalist who hates the university cherry picked a few unhappy former players, and painted a picture of a toxic culture at Maryland. And all of that is shaking out right now, in a very public way. The only thing I can say for the things Maryland is experiencing right now is that I am hoping the McNair family is treated fairly, and that the "toxic culture" issue is dealt with in an even handed manner.

But my post was well intentioned, and heart felt. Randy Edsall is at best a medicore coach. He lost me when Bowling Green flat out destroyed us. And it was all based on coaching, not the level of talent on the field.

If you guys want to win football games, you need to fire Randy Edsall as soon as possible. Period.

Reaction Score
A Terp fan who supported Randy Edsall until close to the end of his time at Maryland.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look good for you guys. I'm not trolling you. Really.

At Maryland, the hope was, when Randy got his players, the team would improve. And for awhile, the team was on a slow upward trajectory. A painfully slow, upward trajectory. And then we realized the trajectory was so slow, it was nearly flat.

To get clued into your future, look at the recruiting. We all want to think our coach is getting "his" guys, and that he's finding hidden gems. And that all the recruiting ratings are wrong. And that it will all come together. Unfortunately, all the recruiting rankings are not wrong. If you have the 100th ranked recruiting class, then guess what?

Sorry guys. I feel for you. Went through the same thing you're going through right now. Not trolling, just offering... well... the truth.
The Maryland athletic dept has been a mess for many years. Your coaches don't give a damn about their players as evidenced recently in the news. Been to any funerals lately?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I completely understand that when I come on to another teams message board, there will be some who throw stones. No matter how well intentioned your post is. They'll point to your teams struggles and controversies, and use those to deflect from the original sentiment of the post.

And yes, in the Maryland football community we've had a tragedy, and that tragedy has spawned some controversy. And yes, a journalist who hates the university cherry picked a few unhappy former players, and painted a picture of a toxic culture at Maryland. And all of that is shaking out right now, in a very public way. The only thing I can say for the things Maryland is experiencing right now is that I am hoping the McNair family is treated fairly, and that the "toxic culture" issue is dealt with in an even handed manner.

But my post was well intentioned, and heart felt. Randy Edsall is at best a medicore coach. He lost me when Bowling Green flat out destroyed us. And it was all based on coaching, not the level of talent on the field.

If you guys want to win football games, you need to fire Randy Edsall as soon as possible. Period.

Your athletic department and football team are run by evil people. What does it say about you that you remain such an avid supporter?

Reaction Score
Dandy Randy is great??? Are you serious??? I get it, he does recruit fine young men...

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I'm not a fan of the guy, what he did to Todman and the team back in the day revealed a lot about his character.

The dozens upon dozens of former players who would run through a brick wall for him to this day outweigh any concerns individual fans have about his exit.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The dozens upon dozens of former players who would run through a brick wall for him to this day outweigh any concerns individual fans have about his exit.
In that case, you ought to put stock in what one of those brick wall guys said to my brother the other day. The player was stunned when HCRE came out and threw all his players under the bus a few weeks ago. "You don't do that" he said. Good coaches don't do that. Washed up hacks buying time do that. See Anne Donovan..

Reaction Score

Chris Ash maybe available for Maryland after the season to be their new football coach. Seems to run a relatively clean program. But, he will want a lot more money for him and his program so that the Terps can lose to powerhouse programs like Kansas and Buffalo by a combined score of 107-17.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom