I feel like we should do a welfare check on UConn WBB fans... | The Boneyard

I feel like we should do a welfare check on UConn WBB fans...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That game was incredibly stressful! Had to go for a walk after the game just settle down a bit.

(Well that and the dog needed to go out anyway.;))

Reaction Score
Lol my body is finally feeling a bit more relaxed, I couldn’t even watch the game, I was that nervous, I was following the game through espn gamecast

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
My dog has finally come out from hiding due to my cursing of the refs and the dumb turnovers during the time that Lou was on the bench. This team does not run the same without Lou and I hope that Dee Kantor IS NOT reffing any of UConn's game (s) next week.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Haha, at least y'all won! I'm used to losing those big games - much, much worse. Go have a victory glass of wine/bourbon/whatever and toast to a successful weekend and return to the FF. I think you're so used to winning you've forgotten how much more stressful it can be!

(Plus added bonus: you aren't about to lose your coach to UT right after a heartbreaking Elite Eight loss! If were a CardinalS fan (emphasis on the plural) I'd say it's time to start swilling it back...)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My dog has finally come out from hiding due to my cursing of the refs and the dumb turnovers during the time that Lou was on the bench. This team does not run the same without Lou and I hope that Dee Kantor IS NOT reffing any of UConn's game (s) next week.
This made me laugh. I've posted this before, but when my dog was young she'd be a little nervous when I'd yell during the games. ("What? What is it? Is the UPS guy on the porch again? Those guys in the big green truck stealing our garbage? What? What?!") Now she just gives me a disappointed sigh and walks out of the room.

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Many of us will be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not an alum but with all the gear I bring, some would think so,:cool:

There you go Maine Fan!!! Stand in and represent those of us that would love to be there physically but can't. We'll ALL be there spiritually though watching the game on TV, living and dying on every made or missed shot. Bring it home for us. ;)

Tip in - While you're there, have a cold one for ol' Scoop. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Haha, at least y'all won! I'm used to losing those big games - much, much worse. Go have a victory glass of wine/bourbon/whatever and toast to a successful weekend and return to the FF. I think you're so used to winning you've forgotten how much more stressful it can be!

(Plus added bonus: you aren't about to lose your coach to UT right after a heartbreaking Elite Eight loss! If were a CardinalS fan (emphasis on the plural) I'd say it's time to start swilling it back...)
Even if you are not a Cardinals fan, it is time to start swilling it back! :cool:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
This made me laugh. I've posted this before, but when my dog was young she'd be a little nervous when I'd yell during the games. ("What? What is it? Is the USP guy on the porch again? Those guys in the big green truck stealing our garbage? What? What?!") Now she just gives me a disappointed sigh and walks out of the room.
Well trained, I'd say!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Some thoughts from Albany:
  • Watching warmups, I could not tell whether Lou was better or worse, but something happened after she hit her first three. It's like she decided she was going to ignore the pain and play like there was no tomorrow, which there wasn't
  • This was the best effort by the entire starting 5 that I've seen the entire season. If someone had suggested that Pheesa would have only 12 points for the game and UConn would win by 7 over Louisville, you would think they were nuts
  • Crystal was unbelievable, running through picks, double-screens from sideline to sideline while birddogging Durr the entire game. Durr had 21 pts on 7 for 19 shooting, and was never able to take over the game.
  • Geno doesn't always get the credit he deserves for "in game coaching." Geno and Jeff were coaching every single possession and during time outs they were intensely focused on communicating to their respective teams. Jeff made a number of great adjustments, but Geno was brilliant. When Durr started to get going in the 2nd half, Geno threw a box and one at her. He was constantly calling out offensive sets. The most impressive coaching move he made was coming out of a timeout in the 4th qtr. Louisville had the ball and had just run several screens to get Durr in the lane for jumpers. For the one and only time during the entire game, UConn came out in a 2-3 zone that Louisville was completely unprepared for. The Louisville inbounder eventually threw an ill-advised cross court pass that Chistyn got a hand on forcing the TO.
  • For those that watched at home and may not have seen the post game awards ceremony, Geno took the mic and was very complementary towards Louisville, Jeff, Durr and the fans. He also made a wonderful comment about the Huskies. "We've been to the FF a number of years in a row, If you watched our team celebrate at the end of the game, it looked like it was the first time we ever made it, and that's exactly the way it should be."
  • After the game Geno gave Lou the longest hug I've ever seen, like he would never let her go, and I guess I can understand why.
  • Per tradition, the maintenance staff set up a ladder for UConn to cut down the nets. after about 20 minutes, when no UConn player went anywhere near it, they took down the ladder and put it away. :)

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I am good. I just lost my voice, and I said some words I normally wouldn't say. I still have that feeling I told you I had earlier. I have prepared my nerves for nailbiters.

Reaction Score
  • Watching warmups, I could not tell whether Lou was better or worse, but something happened after she hit her first three. It's like she decided she was going to ignore the pain and play like there was no tomorrow, which there wasn't
  • This was the best effort by the entire starting 5 that I've seen the entire season. If someone had suggested that Pheesa would have only 12 points for the game and UConn would win by 7 over Louisville, you would think they were nuts
  • Crystal was unbelievable, running through picks, double-screens from sideline to sideline while birddogging Durr the entire game. Durr had 21 pts on 7 for 19 shooting, and was never able to take over the game.
  • Geno doesn't always get the credit he deserves for "in game coaching." Geno and Jeff were coaching every single possession and during time outs they were intensely focused on communicating to their respective teams. Jeff made a number of great adjustments, but Geno was brilliant. When Durr started to get going in the 2nd half, Geno threw a box and one at her. He was constantly calling out offensive sets. The most impressive coaching move he made was coming out of a timeout in the 4th qtr. Louisville had the ball and had just run several screens to get Durr in the lane for jumpers. For the one and only time during the entire game, UConn came out in a 2-3 zone that Louisville was completely unprepared for. The Louisville inbounder eventually threw an ill-advised cross court pass that Chistyn got a hand on forcing the TO.
  • For those that watched at home and may not have seen the post game awards ceremony, Geno took the mic and was very complementary towards Louisville, Jeff, Durr and the fans. He also made a wonderful comment about the Huskies. "We've been to the FF a number of years in a row, If you watched our team celebrate at the end of the game, it looked like it was the first time we ever made it, and that's exactly the way it should be."
  • After the game Geno gave Lou the longest hug I've ever seen, like he would never let her go, and I guess I can understand why.
  • Per tradition, the maintenance staff set up a ladder for UConn to cut down the nets. after about 20 minutes, when no UConn player went anywhere near it, they took down the ladder and put it away. :)

For the one and only time during the entire game, UConn came out in a 2-3 zone that Louisville was completely unprepared for. The Louisville inbounder eventually threw an ill-advised cross court pass that Chistyn got a hand on forcing the TO.

For any out there who have been a coach, just guessing this has happened to you more than once. You take a timeout to run your best SLOB or BLOB play, or maybe an isolation set, and the other coach comes out in a zone, trap, or scramble and blows up your scheme. It’s a big reason a lot of coaches refuse to take a timeout on last second situations because they at least know for certain what defense they are facing, and have practiced those situations many times. Good catch BTW

Reaction Score
You answered my question. I saw the ladder set up under the net and wondered if UConn would snip it down. Of course, they never do--only when winning the NC. Let's hope they get another chance after they go all the way.

Carnac

Reaction Score
  • Per tradition, the maintenance staff set up a ladder for UConn to cut down the nets. after about 20 minutes, when no UConn player went anywhere near it, they took down the ladder and put it away. :) We didn't see any post-game awards. Who were the recipients?

Thanks OD. We know you went to the game. We've been waiting for your usual post game thoughts and observations. :) Who were the post game awards recipients?

Carnac

Reaction Score
I am good. I just lost my voice, and I said some words I normally wouldn't say. I still have that feeling I told you I had earlier. I have prepared my nerves for nailbiters.

I've said it here many times that sometimes the play of our girls will make you cuss. Sometimes for good plays, and sometimes for the bad ones. :eek: A quick office visit with Dr. Jack Daniels will restore your voice in no time. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom