I feel like we should do a welfare check on UConn WBB fans... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I feel like we should do a welfare check on UConn WBB fans...

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
I didn't see any portable defibrillators at the TMC - there were some fans around me that could have used them

Reaction Score
I will walk the dog, have a glass of wine, then dinner with another glass of wine. I may still need to fire up my Buddhify app for a little meditation to settle down.
I'm drinking vodka now, but not because I have too. I will however watch the game again tonight since I recorded it..

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
Some thoughts from Albany:
  • Watching warmups, I could not tell whether Lou was better or worse, but something happened after she hit her first three. It's like she decided she was going to ignore the pain and play like there was no tomorrow, which there wasn't
  • This was the best effort by the entire starting 5 that I've seen the entire season. If someone had suggested that Pheesa would have only 12 points for the game and UConn would win by 7 over Louisville, you would think they were nuts
  • Crystal was unbelievable, running through picks, double-screens from sideline to sideline while birddogging Durr the entire game. Durr had 21 pts on 7 for 19 shooting, and was never able to take over the game.
  • Geno doesn't always get the credit he deserves for "in game coaching." Geno and Jeff were coaching every single possession and during time outs they were intensely focused on communicating to their respective teams. Jeff made a number of great adjustments, but Geno was brilliant. When Durr started to get going in the 2nd half, Geno threw a box and one at her. He was constantly calling out offensive sets. The most impressive coaching move he made was coming out of a timeout in the 4th qtr. Louisville had the ball and had just run several screens to get Durr in the lane for jumpers. For the one and only time during the entire game, UConn came out in a 2-3 zone that Louisville was completely unprepared for. The Louisville inbounder eventually threw an ill-advised cross court pass that Chistyn got a hand on forcing the TO.
  • For those that watched at home and may not have seen the post game awards ceremony, Geno took the mic and was very complementary towards Louisville, Jeff, Durr and the fans. He also made a wonderful comment about the Huskies. "We've been to the FF a number of years in a row, If you watched our team celebrate at the end of the game, it looked like it was the first time we ever made it, and that's exactly the way it should be."
  • After the game Geno gave Lou the longest hug I've ever seen, like he would never let her go, and I guess I can understand why.
  • Per tradition, the maintenance staff set up a ladder for UConn to cut down the nets. after about 20 minutes, when no UConn player went anywhere near it, they took down the ladder and put it away. :)
Your "thoughts" are very well written and give the reader great insight. Thanks, I truly appreciate them.

Reaction Score
Now I can watch the replay. Where is it? Just too stressful. Couldn't handle it. Tuned in for a minute late in the 3rd quarter and saw UConn up by 9>

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I've said it here many times that sometimes the play of our girls will make you cuss. Sometimes for good plays, and sometimes for the bad ones. :eek: A quick office visit with Dr. Jack Daniels will restore your voice in no time. ;)

I think Dr. Jack is set up down by Knob Creek!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Reading all these comments is a great way to laugh and calm down a little. My heart rate is down to 90. another 25 to go. May take a while.

Then don't look at the OU Miss St game. With OU the winner, we have our worked cut out although that is probably a better matchup for us than Miss ST with McGowan going to town in the post.

Reaction Score
Then don't look at the OU Miss St game. With OU the winner, we have our worked cut out although that is probably a better matchup for us than Miss ST with McGowan going to town in the post.
Let's hope it's UCONN vs OU...cause that will only happen in the National Championship game, and it means ND and Baylor are watching.:);):cool:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Let's hope it's UCONN vs OU...cause that will only happen in the National Championship game, and it means ND and Baylor are watching.:);):cool:

Oops. Sorry. Got my bracket confused. :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

Reaction Score
Assuming ND wins, I would love the opportunity of beating them again.
True, True... but what I was saying... if We do meet OU in NC Game, that means we beat ND in semi, and OU beat Baylor... so we won't deal with Brown & Cox, and we already had our 2nd win over ND...

Reaction Score
Some thoughts from Albany:
  • Watching warmups, I could not tell whether Lou was better or worse, but something happened after she hit her first three. It's like she decided she was going to ignore the pain and play like there was no tomorrow, which there wasn't
  • This was the best effort by the entire starting 5 that I've seen the entire season. If someone had suggested that Pheesa would have only 12 points for the game and UConn would win by 7 over Louisville, you would think they were nuts
  • Crystal was unbelievable, running through picks, double-screens from sideline to sideline while birddogging Durr the entire game. Durr had 21 pts on 7 for 19 shooting, and was never able to take over the game.
  • Geno doesn't always get the credit he deserves for "in game coaching." Geno and Jeff were coaching every single possession and during time outs they were intensely focused on communicating to their respective teams. Jeff made a number of great adjustments, but Geno was brilliant. When Durr started to get going in the 2nd half, Geno threw a box and one at her. He was constantly calling out offensive sets. The most impressive coaching move he made was coming out of a timeout in the 4th qtr. Louisville had the ball and had just run several screens to get Durr in the lane for jumpers. For the one and only time during the entire game, UConn came out in a 2-3 zone that Louisville was completely unprepared for. The Louisville inbounder eventually threw an ill-advised cross court pass that Chistyn got a hand on forcing the TO.
  • For those that watched at home and may not have seen the post game awards ceremony, Geno took the mic and was very complementary towards Louisville, Jeff, Durr and the fans. He also made a wonderful comment about the Huskies. "We've been to the FF a number of years in a row, If you watched our team celebrate at the end of the game, it looked like it was the first time we ever made it, and that's exactly the way it should be."
  • After the game Geno gave Lou the longest hug I've ever seen, like he would never let her go, and I guess I can understand why.
  • Per tradition, the maintenance staff set up a ladder for UConn to cut down the nets. after about 20 minutes, when no UConn player went anywhere near it, they took down the ladder and put it away. :)
Thank you so much for that post.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
True, True... but what I was saying... if We do meet OU in NC Game, that means we beat ND in semi, and OU beat Baylor... so we won't deal with Brown & Cox, and we already had our 2nd win over ND...

Or it means Stanford took out ND, which they have done before. And we then beat Stanford. I fine with this one.

Reaction Score
You answered my question. I saw the ladder set up under the net and wondered if UConn would snip it down. Of course, they never do--only when winning the NC. Let's hope they get another chance after they go all the way.
Geno said he asked if they wanted to cut the nets down and CD said, "No, they don't."

Reaction Score
I was at church watching the game. Not gonna lie, this game had we worried. The way we looked against Louisville earlier in the season...had me stressed. Better now. Thanks to some good old fashion oatmeal raisin cookies and a glass of milk.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom