I dont see UConn losing | Page 3 | The Boneyard

I dont see UConn losing

Reaction Score
So according to most of you uconn is the only team that gets into foul trouble? What if jones from maryland gets into foul trouble? What if baylors bigs get into foul trouble? Uconn is the best at learning defense wthout fouling. Maryland is not at home so they won't be getting those bs calls like they did in December. As i said earlier in this thread, uconn will win the next 4 games by double digits.

Reaction Score
Usual caveats... foul trouble, poor shooting, injury, Baylor may be able to beat us.
In waching many games in this tournament, the one thing that stands out is the SPEED of Uconn vs everyone else...we are so much faster than any other team, combined with our size....their are virtually UN-GUARDABLE....
The other teams watch tape, and then BAM, they are in the game....and it becomes a complete blur to them....they get overwhelmed

Reaction Score
New
"So according to most of you uconn is the only team that gets into foul trouble?"

No, it's just that we don't mind if other teams get into foul trouble!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I don't remember that Dolson's foul trouble ALONE caused the loss to ND in 2011--there is the other side of the coin---other teams have to win once in a while--a Uconn loss isn't the end of the world or WBB for that matter.
Blasphemy!:D:D.
Dolson's foul trouble in 2011 FF was not the "only" reason for the UCONN loss but it was a big reason. She was not playing well but she was not the only one. Two of Dolson's fouls (2nd & 3rd) were offensive fouls.
Dolson picked up her 4th foul with ~14 minutes left in a tied game 38 to 38. By the time Dolson came back in the game, 6 minutes later, ND was up 7. ND stretched the lead to as many as 10 and UCONN closed to within 3.
ND eventually won by 9 scoring the last 5 points on FTs. If you want to blame someone for that loss blame EDD for leaving campus.[/QUOTE]

Reaction Score
How many times this season has foul trouble led uconn to a loss? Their same number of losses is the same number of teams that can beat uconn!

temery

What?
Reaction Score
The way we played Syracuse no teams can beat us ...period

And the same has been said about many teams, including men's basketball. Many of the teams to beat, have lost.

Reaction Score
We are extremely blessed to be able to watch basketball excellence each winter. So long as we have passionate, engaged fans, Geno & CD, and good players who want to be part of something special, the championships will come.

This year's team has been a pleasant surprise. We're a year ahead of schedule in my opinion. A 'ship this year would be awesome, but an unexpected bonus that few would have predicted at the start of the season. We've got a good shot this year, but need to beat some very good teams who are capable of tripping us up.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
The way UConn has shifted gears, and they played against Syracuse, I really don't see UCLA getting pass the Sweet Sixteen. Also, when UConn reach the National Championship, they will leave Dallas with their 12th Championship.
Now I know some are saying, what about Maryland? Well with Brenda Frese looking so far ahead, and the Terps wanting a rematch with UConn so bad, Maryland is like Tennessee vs Alabama. Do not look pass Oregon, because they could beat Maryland. Brenda Frese and the Terps have loss focus, and they want a

rematch with UConn too bad.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ladies and Gentlemen, how quickly you forget, UCONN rises to a higher level like Hebrew National Hot Dogs when the Conference and NCAA Tournaments roll around!
Yes, MD, Baylor, and others have pieces that could prove dangerous to UCONN, but the reality was and still is no one rises to the occcasion at crunch time as our Huskies do!
With the best coaching staff in WCBB tirelessly prodding the players they draw the best out of everyone every second of every game!
Katie Lou, Gabby, Kia, Saniya, Phessa, Crystal Dangerfield, and Natalie are ALL at the top of their games right now, and Kia, especially has taken her game to previously unseen heights!
If they can avoid illness & injuries no one plays as hard as they do for the full 40 minutes! As Doris Burke has said, "UCONN just flat out out-works everyone in WCBB!"

Reaction Score
Blasphemy!:D:D.
Dolson's foul trouble in 2011 FF was not the "only" reason for the UCONN loss but it was a big reason. She was not playing well but she was not the only one. Two of Dolson's fouls (2nd & 3rd) were offensive fouls.
Dolson picked up her 4th foul with ~14 minutes left in a tied game 38 to 38. By the time Dolson came back in the game, 6 minutes later, ND was up 7. ND stretched the lead to as many as 10 and UCONN closed to within 3.
ND eventually won by 9 scoring the last 5 points on FTs. If you want to blame someone for that loss blame EDD for leaving campus.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks--- Appreciate the factual information---this game was pretty much wiped from memory---heresy? Blasphemy? Other team's
(sorry about this) may win a game here an there every 5 or 8 years---I say that because I read where Winning isn't good for the game.
(????? should everyone lose??) thanks

Reaction Score
The way UConn has shifted gears, and they played against Syracuse, I really don't see UCLA getting pass the Sweet Sixteen. Also, when UConn reach the National Championship, they will leave Dallas with their 12th Championship.
Now I know some are saying, what about Maryland? Well with Brenda Frese looking so far ahead, and the Terps wanting a rematch with UConn so bad, Maryland is like Tennessee vs Alabama. Do not look pass Oregon, because they could beat Maryland. Brenda Frese and the Terps have loss focus, and they want a

rematch with UConn too bad.
There is an oft quoted --Quote---Be careful of what you wish for--you may get it!!! I wonder does this apply????? Fans may look past a certain team --but not Geno or his kids--they know this time of the year they have to focus on EACH game. Love this team.

Reaction Score
And the same has been said about many teams, including men's basketball. Many of the teams to beat, have lost.
And a select few have not been beaten---no one ever said UConn is of the MANY--they are among the few, the proud---and trained by the Marines.

Reaction Score
Usual caveats... foul trouble, poor shooting, injury, Baylor may be able to beat us.
In waching many games in this tournament, the one thing that stands out is the SPEED of Uconn vs everyone else...we are so much faster than any other team, combined with our size....their are virtually UN-GUARDABLE....
The other teams watch tape, and then BAM, they are in the game....and it becomes a complete blur to them....they get overwhelmed

Think of this---if Baylor is ---in foul trouble, has significant injuries--they shall too have a hard time beating Uconn, or anyone else!!
What can be said of caveats for Uconn may be said for all teams. Look at ND---US Carolina (some say their loss may help them).

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Some have touched on Geno and UConn's ability to control variables that can influence the outcome of games better than any other team.

While there are many variables, the two critical ones that UConn handles better than any other team in WBB both involve, "shooting the basketball."

On offense every team has off shooting games, but UConn is the best passing team in WBB, and this year's team is on it's way to being the best passing team in the history of WBB. The Huskies move the ball like no team I've ever seen. As a result, they get more layups and open jump shots then anyone, so even if they're off a little, they will still shoot a pretty good percentage from the floor.

On the defensive end, you can run into a really hot shooting team that seemingly can't miss. UConn always plays great "team" defense. They are long and athletic. They switch all over the court and will come at you with multiple defenses. For an opposing coach, you pretty much have to figure out how to beat UConn when scoring 10-20 pts less than your average, because UConn will speed you up, move you further away from the basket and contest every shot you take.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I hope UConn plays 4 straight Pac12 teams
I dont care about playing Maryland, N.Dame, Baylor, FSU, or SC again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom