I dont see UConn losing | The Boneyard

I dont see UConn losing

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
They're on a roll. Cuse is very athletic and quick and UConn rolled. Maybe MD wins and plays UConn. It doesnt matter UConn is playing at a very high level and most importantly theyre playing with confidence. They ran their stuff this past week like a steamroller. Not a chance for either opponent. Saturday afternoon UCLA shouldnt be any different and then Monday against the winner of Oregon and MD. Our side of the bracket is healthly and the opposite side has ND Turner out with an ACL and SC Coates out for the season. There could be two upsets on that side.

I am really really excited about where we are right now. Our non starters have improved immensely. They can hold their own. Nurse is back and playing at a level much higher then the beginning of the season and when we faced Murders Row. We limited our fouls the past two games. I heard Andy Landers say he thought Baylor had a chance to beat UConn as he thought they were at UConns level. No way Andy. Baylor doesnt come close to UConns level. Hey they just lost to West Va.

Here we go again........

Reaction Score
Baylor could beat us, especially since we'd be playing them practically on their home court. I think Mulkey really wants this one given that they will be losing some to graduation. Maryland too if Slocum is allowed to knock down 25 footers all night like the last time we faced them. ND always brings max effort against us. #12 is far from a lock. Tuff road ahead indeed.

Reaction Score
I am leaning towards agreeing with Andy. Baylor has a very deep bench with at least 6-7 legitimate scoring threats. They are very tall- Brown, Momprimier, Cox & Cave (4 posts). They have good outside shooting and good guard play.

I don't think UCLA will be a big threat. MD won't make the same mistakes as earlier in the season (this will be 6.5 of 10 in difficulty). Baylor will be 8.5-10

Reaction Score
Baylor could beat us, especially since we'd be playing them practically on their home court. I think Mulkey really wants this one given that they will be losing some to graduation. Maryland too if Slocum is allowed to knock down 25 footers all night like the last time we faced them. ND always brings max effort against us. #12 is far from a lock. Tuff road ahead indeed.

Agree. And if this game happens, it could also be the de facto NC game, as ND and So Car. are no longer at full strength. Only time, and playing the games, will tell....

Reaction Score
Maryland and Baylor could beat us, as could South Carolina, ND, Mississippi State or Florida State. Possibly others. Last year, we were as close to invincible as it comes. This year, we could get tripped up by any number of factors. The Tulane game is a good example. The two best teams left in the tournament arguably could be Maryland and Baylor, and we have to play both to even get to the championship game (assuming we get past UCLA, which is not a slam dunk).

I'm still confident in the Huskies, but this is a very tough road and the committee didn't do UConn any favors this year.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I dont see UCONN losing

There's our Tony (although I think you meant loosing)

And in other news, the sun will come up tomorrow. :D

images

Reaction Score
The way we played Syracuse no teams can beat us ...period

I agree. Problem is there is no guarantee we will play like that every game. This time of year all it takes is 1 bad game and your season is over.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
They're on a roll. Cuse is very athletic and quick and UConn rolled. Maybe MD wins and plays UConn. It doesnt matter UConn is playing at a very high level and most importantly theyre playing with confidence. They ran their stuff this past week like a steamroller. Not a chance for either opponent. Saturday afternoon UCLA shouldnt be any different and then Monday against the winner of Oregon and MD. Our side of the bracket is healthly and the opposite side has ND Turner out with an ACL and SC Coates out for the season. There could be two upsets on that side.

I am really really excited about where we are right now. Our non starters have improved immensely. They can hold their own. Nurse is back and playing at a level much higher then the beginning of the season and when we faced Murders Row. We limited our fouls the past two games. I heard Andy Landers say he thought Baylor had a chance to beat UConn as he thought they were at UConns level. No way Andy. Baylor doesnt come close to UConns level. Hey they just lost to West Va.

Here we go again...
Better take off those Husky-colored glasses son, Connecticut is one blown ACL or rolled ankle away from a loss, just like everyone else, bad shooting night, foul trouble on any one of the starters, not to mention Baylor, Maryland and FSU are all significantly better now than when Connecticut played them earlier in the year and they're all still alive in the tournament. This team has been playing with "House" money all year, but they're no where close to being invincible.

Reaction Score
Wonder what 528 is saying now. Has it been updated in light of games played and injuries? (Not that I put a whole lot of--well, actually, any) stock in it.

Reaction Score
Maryland makes me a little nervous, although I think we win. Baylor makes me even
more nervous. With ND and South Carolina both seriously wounded, I think the
Baylor/UConn game will be the de facto national championship game.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Better take off those Husky-colored glasses son, Connecticut is one blown ACL or rolled ankle away from a loss, just like everyone else, bad shooting night, foul trouble on any one of the starters, not to mention Baylor, Maryland and FSU are all significantly better now than when Connecticut played them earlier in the year and they're all still alive in the tournament. This team has been playing with "House" money all year, but they're no where close to being invincible.
Those aren't Husky-colored glasses, those are Tony-colored glasses. :cool:

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I find all of this fear of Baylor laughable. In the second game of the season, we beat them fairly comfortably, just after we almost lost to FSU. We were quite a mess in that first game and quite lucky to win it. I don't think anyone will credibly deny that UCONN has improved significantly as a team since the first week of this season. Some will argue the improvement is dramatic.

Then we have Baylor. Perhaps they also have significantly improved since November, however if they're all that much better than they were, then why only two weeks ago did they lose their conference championship game to WVU, a team which bowed out of the NCAAs rather meekly? I think if both teams have significantly improved, we're still better than they are, and I'm not sure their improvement has been nearly as much as ours. Injuries or not, I think Maryland and ND still pose our biggest potential challenges. Baylor? Not as much.

Reaction Score
What team have you people been watching for the last 5 month's? Everything you are saying here is the reason this uconn team is winning it all, to shut up the doubters and naysayers who think they need stewie to win! They will win these last 4 games by double digits and breeze to #12.

Reaction Score
UConn has super heroes destined to defeat all this evil.:mad:
Yes yes her name is The Gabulous One! She can leap tall buildings in a single bound snatching rebounds from players a foot taller, can drive to the hoop faster than a single bullet, and can spot contact lenses from across the court with her superhuman court vision.

Reaction Score
You and ESPN Landers----Baylor can beat Uconn!! High scoring players--playing Uconn tend to get their number--AFTER the game has been settled and Geno pull them dogs off--. Even Syracuse--extraordinary worlds best back court got their number (almost) after Uconn held a 30 something point lead.
Everyone that remains worries me! Foul trouble--2 fouls in the first half slows down Uconn's defense and rebounding--and the way the refs are calling these games--it is worrisome-- Baylor with the size and quickness isn't to be overlooked, --Baylor --is more worrisome than MD.

Last year , a weekend later than now, Uconn was in a near gimme situation---I see no gimme's coming Uconn's way.

Reaction Score
Yes yes her name is The Gabulous One! She can leap tall buildings in a single bound snatching rebounds from players a foot taller, can drive to the hoop faster than a single bullet, and can spot contact lenses from across the court with her superhuman court vision.
After watching Gabby in The Cuse game---I tend to believe she has super human abilities---no kidding the kid is really extra special---does she really have x ray vision?? I saw her staring right through a couple of Cuse guards---daggers came right through.

Reaction Score
We are a way better team than the first time we played Maryland. I mean Dangerfield didn't play much but I bet she will and contribute if they play again. Gabby is playing the best basketball in men's and woman's basketball while Kia is shooting lights out. Everyone on the team seem to have a burst of energy and playing no one has a chance to beat them. Baylor has the best chance to beat Uconn but we can beat any team in many different ways

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Maryland makes me a little nervous, although I think we win. Baylor makes me even
more nervous. With ND and South Carolina both seriously wounded, I think the
Baylor/UConn game will be the de facto national championship game.
The Maryland game, I think will be our toughest. I'd take the points in that one!
If Tulane can stay within a possession, Maryland, Fl State and Baylor can take us down. 2 early fouls on the big four and we're in a dog fight. Md looked like us in our game- they can beat us. Even at home.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom