I don't care whose guys you have | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I don't care whose guys you have

Reaction Score
As a fellow Vol fan I stand with you in solidarity. People on here talk about Randy leaving after the fiesta bowl. How about our lovely Kiffin?
Despite the losing though Neiland gets at least 85 to 90k at their games.
We still need to support these young Huskies

Yup, but one of the reasons Neyland gets those numbers is there's DEEP history with all the teams in the SEC.

That's an issue here if you have a decade of piss poor performance and you're playing ECU, Tulsa, etc, etc. it's obviously much harder to get fan support if you're getting hammered by those schools. Personally, I have much more animus to the old Big East rivals than this group of misfits.

You've got to be at least competitive to have a chance at getting excitement and support at an AAC school - that's just the reality of it and it sucks. What suck even more is the feeling of not being in control of your future and that drives a lot of the "drop football" talk it's just an ROI conversation for some folks and it's hard to argue with them. I used to have it with my father all the time.

Plus going back, the off-campus stadium was a colossal blunder - on campus you can roll out of bed, fire down a few funnels at the tailgate and be at the game and for alumni a nice afternoon on campus is a hell of a lot better than hanging in East Hartford (I get the central geographic location argument for East Hartford, but it's a so what to me) - there's a connections to the campus, there is no connection to East Hartford - although personally I did love me some Mickey's Drive-in and Augie & Ray's when I was a kid.

RE2.0 was never going to be the answer - but pissing and moaning over that now is pointless, but going to have to roll the dice on a younger hire at some point. Diaco had the credentials, but went off the rails quickly, oh boy did he, and there was no way to predict that happening.

I'm a Vol fan because close family friends are Tennesseans and I was indoctrinated in Big Orange football since I was young and at that time UConn was in the Yankee Conference so honestly for a kid like me it was a "Yeah, UConn plays football, but not big boy football" perspective and going to a UConn game as a kid wasn't exactly like going to see UT/Alabama on the third Saturday in October.

Reaction Score
Said at the beginning of season when someone stated that "1-6" wins were all on the table that if HCRE2.0 won 1 game or less he should be fired. Watching and listening through 8 games still have same point of view. HCRE2.0 is an older, less dynamic, less driven version of HCRE1.0.

“People don’t want to hear it, but I [couldn’t] care whether or not we win or lose right now,” coach Randy Edsall said Tuesday.

I want a coach who cares not only about every game but every play and buys into Jasper Howard's:
“Play every play as if it’s the last play you’ll ever play.”

As far as the AD replacing HCRE2.0 and all the money, continuity, etc. issues. One comment. It's never too early to stop going in the wrong direction.

Reaction Score
There’s no way Dunn goes. Edsall likes Dunn. I also don’t mind him that much, I think the conservative calls are more of an edsall decision. He’s done a good job of developing Pindell

The UMass game was an abomination. But it was also an anomaly. The rest of the games I think have been generally well called. I don't see our playcalling as overly predictable, they've done a good job of playing to Pindell's strengths. I can think of a few times here and there when we've punted on 4th and short where we should have gone for it, but I haven't seen the return of run run short pass punt that we had under Diaco and at times under Edsall 1.0

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The offensive scheme isn't the problem. We are actually moving the ball and scoring without much in terms of talent.

Specials aren't bad, the D is so bad it is hard to determine where to start. I do think the DC is a goner. You can't be that bad for that long with no real D1 track record.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'm going to make a statement that will serve to be both the current problem and the future hope, all at the same time.

Edsall is playing freshmen and sophomores almost exclusively this year. Edsall knows that what he is doing will have us with a winning record in two years' time (2020). He also knows that what he is doing will cause us some brutal losses right now.

For a fanbase that has had to endure 7 years of punishment, we can't even stomach the idea of another brutal game, much less another brutal year. But the game plan will get us bowling again.

Now, the AD should have ticket prices reflect this long view. Drop the prices, ...do creative things like young kids for free. Rebuild the fanbase. And stop making Randy do press conference. And we'll take care of the rest...

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I wish there was a decision to build a stadium on campus - for a program like UConn that makes a world of difference
DB is a db and IMHO I can't wait for him to part ways - before anyone jumps all over me I understand that he had nothing to do with the stadium decision. I just think he is not right for UConn and is as arrogant as they come.
While I agree this is a rebuild, I just can't see how they get beat up so much on D - and why the size difference (never mind age) is so lopsided with every opponent so far this year
FRUSTRATING very frustrating

Reaction Score
I'm going to make a statement that will serve to be both the current problem and the future hope, all at the same time.

Edsall is playing freshmen and sophomores almost exclusively this year. Edsall knows that what he is doing will have us with a winning record in two years' time (2020). He also knows that what he is doing will cause us some brutal losses right now.

For a fanbase that has had to endure 7 years of punishment, we can't even stomach the idea of another brutal game, much less another brutal year. But the game plan will get us bowling again.

Now, the AD should have ticket prices reflect this long view. Drop the prices, ...do creative things like young kids for free. Rebuild the fanbase. And stop making Randy do press conference. And we'll take care of the rest...
Winning in 2 years ? Lol get real

Reaction Score
What saved Edsall's butt the first time after 3 miserable seasons was a this player from CT named Orlovsky. And being able to sell under valued players on a BCS league.

We have neither card to play this time.

Exactly.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Winning in 2 years ? Lol get real

That's not real for you??

If waiting two full years to win is not real enough for you, it's time for you to go root for Alabama...

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
That's not real for you??

If waiting two full years to win is not real enough for you, it's time for you to go root for Alabama...

You are believing in the fallacy that players automatically improve 800% just because they get older. What do you see from the young kids on this team that makes you think they'll be any good? There's nothing to base that on.

Reaction Score
You are believing in the fallacy that players automatically improve 800% just because they get older. What do you see from the young kids on this team that makes you think they'll be any good? There's nothing to base that on.
Well, they get to play guys closer to their own age. It’s boys against men now.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score

First of all, you made up the 800% number. It's absolutely not a fallacy that players improve with extra years in a program. That's due to understanding roles, getting stronger, etc.

Second of all, we've already seen the offensive line play much better as sophomores. I expect a similar bump from year one to year two on defense. And again from year two to year three, which this current defense will absolutely need.

I'm right. You'll just have to stick around to find out...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom