I don't care whose guys you have | The Boneyard

I don't care whose guys you have

Reaction Score
This is going to be interesting with what happens to coaching staff in off season. This rebuild is scary
Only hope is OC and DC are flushed and that’s enough for the kids to believe they have a chance. This group has screwed themselves. I’d still grab Weist as OC and promise him the HC if Edsall can’t get to at least five wins next year. Can’t tolerate these BS excuses anymore. Has to be a quick hook. Nobody can be this bad and expect to stay around.

Reaction Score
Only hope is OC and DC are flushed and that’s enough for the kids to believe they have a chance. This group has screwed themselves. I’d still grab Weist as OC and promise him the HC if Edsall can’t get to at least five wins next year. Can’t tolerate these BS excuses anymore. Has to be a quick hook. Nobody can be this bad and expect to stay around.
Why would you can the OC? Edsall is running this O just like he wants. Run on 1st and 2nd down. Punt from plus side of the field. Play for FGs rather than risk a TO.

Reaction Score
Why would you can the OC? Edsall is running this O just like he wants. Run on 1st and 2nd down. Punt from plus side of the field. Play for FGs rather than risk a TO.
Need an OC with a nut sack and sone autonomy. Frankly, I’d show RE the door unless he agrees to hand over the keys on O and figures out how he intends to fix the atrocity on the other side of the ball sans Crocker. This crap just has to stop and lines in the sand drawn.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
That sucked in plain english.

C

Chief00

Last year in Randy’s World, the defense was Lashlee’s fault. The no huddle, quick scoring offense put Crocker’s defense on the field too often and wore them down. So Randy reigned in Lashlee’s play calling to the point Lashlee left the dumpster fire. Randy then hired an OC he could control and who helped him be successful at Maryland.
The result is we still have Randy and Billy and the worse team in D1 College football.

Last edited by a moderator:

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Need an OC with a nut sack and sone autonomy. Frankly, I’d show RE the door unless he agrees to hand over the keys on O and figures out how he intends to fix the atrocity on the other side of the ball sans Crocker. This crap just has to stop and lines in the sand drawn.
I don't think it has anything to do with an OC "having a nut sack". Even during our peak, Randy wouldn't give control to his OC. Moorhead was supposed to bring in a spread offense. We did the opposite. Ambrose was not given freedom either. Lashlee wasn't given full control.

There seems to be a common denominator here and it isn't the size of the "nut sack" of the coordinator.....

Reaction Score
This is going to be interesting with what happens to coaching staff in off season. This rebuild is scary
No it’s not. There have been tons of rebuilds in the history of sports but the difference here is that it’s our team. So our emotions and expectations are tied to all of this losing. And we’re reading all the press and seeing it all first hand. Florida State is going through one now, Fresno State went through one, Nebraska is going through one. The Vols team is mired in one to the tune of changing coaches multiple times in as many years- losing to Kentucky and Vandy a few years back for the first time in over 30 games or so...It happens man.
Tennessee beat Charlotte 14-3 at home during homecoming. Can you imagine what their fan base has been saying since Fulmer left?
Oh, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Mississippi State....
The list goes on and on...

Reaction Score

I doubt that Randy will allow anyone to come in and run what they want. I get this hire was financial, but it’s not working. The team is not getting better. We need to hire an OC and DC with the intent that one of them takes over when Randy leaves. If Randy doesn’t like it he can walk and we try to find a young HC from an FCS school. This is not working and it can’t get worse.

Reaction Score
I wasn’t saying HC coaching staff I meant coordinators sorry forgot to add

Reaction Score
Benedict ain’t gonna admit his hire was a hot mess this quickly. We are stuck in this hell for awhile longer. Good luck selling tickets to this. Road shows in offseason should be fun if randy shows up.

Reaction Score
No it’s not. There have been tons of rebuilds in the history of sports but the difference here is that it’s our team. So our emotions and expectations are tied to all of this losing. And we’re reading all the press and seeing it all first hand. Florida State is going through one now, Fresno State went through one, Nebraska is going through one. The Vols team is mired in one to the tune of changing coaches multiple times in as many years- losing to Kentucky and Vandy a few years back for the first time in over 30 games or so...It happens man.
Tennessee beat Charlotte 14-3 at home during homecoming. Can you imagine what their fan base has been saying since Fulmer left?

As a.Vols fan I get the rebuild.

Couple of big differences I can handle, not love mind you, a rebuild because of past success, history/tradition, who the Vols play each week and the knowledge that the athletic department and the administration aren’t going to sit still. Now the Derek Dooley hire was a head scratcher and Butch Jones was going to be a tough cultural fit if things started to go sideways.

I actually have none of that in this case, sadly. Christ the university fouled the post-Calhoun hire and now looks to have gotten thst right. Schools routinely go through poor hires - I present you with Mike Dubose, John Blake, Al Golden, etc, etc but the difference for me is that here I don’t have the confidence in the leadership to get football right and I don’t have the excitement of playing meaningful opponents or past success to tide me over in lean times.

Reaction Score
As a.Vols fan I get the rebuild.

Couple of big differences I can handle, not love mind you, a rebuild because of past success, history/tradition, who the Vols play each week and the knowledge that the athletic department and the administration aren’t going to sit still. Now the Derek Dooley hire was a head scratcher and Butch Jones was going to be a tough cultural fit if things started to go sideways.

I actually have none of that in this case, sadly. Christ the university fouled the post-Calhoun hire and now looks to have gotten thst right. Schools routinely go through poor hires - I present you with Mike Dubose, John Blake, Al Golden, etc, etc but the difference for me is that here I don’t have the confidence in the leadership to get football right and I don’t have the excitement of playing meaningful opponents or past success to tide me over in lean times.
As a fellow Vol fan I stand with you in solidarity. People on here talk about Randy leaving after the fiesta bowl. How about our lovely Kiffin?
Despite the losing though Neiland gets at least 85 to 90k at their games.
We still need to support these young Huskies

Reaction Score
Despite the losing though Neiland gets at least 85 to 90k at their games.

Of course. It's Tennessee. You are a staple SEC school with tons of football tradition, and host the Alabamas, Floridas and LSUs of the world. Whole different animal.

Reaction Score
Of course. It's Tennessee. You are a staple SEC school with tons of football tradition, and host the Alabamas, Floridas and LSUs of the world. Whole different animal.
Bugs, you have to understand what’s been happening to them when they play those teams. You don’t get excited to watch those teams hang for 50 on you. And I will reckon to say it’s worse because of the expectations you used to have for the program. The fall from the glory days is way worse than UConn’s right now. By a margin.
Christ they only beat Charlotte 14-3 for homecoming! And scored all of their points in the first qtr.
Believe me. It’s worse in Vol land.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
Seems like Randy and Corey are our lead recruiters. We need coordinators that can recruit and coach. Haven’t seen any results from Crocker in 2 years. Not sure on Dunn yet. Wholley, Smith, Richardson?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Just asking - if we fire Dunn or Crocker or even Edsall, who are we going to hire? We don't allocate nearly enough money towards football - we're in the bottom half of football coaching salary pools in the AAC. So whoever comes to UConn to coach as a stepping stone, they will inherit:

- a mediocre-for-FCS roster;
- a limited northeast recruiting area that has been 100x picked over by the time we send out our mailers;
- dying fan support = horrible off-campus gameday atmosphere;
- will need to overcome all of the above and work at far below market salary.

In other words, we will be cycling through old coaching retreads until AD Dave / BOT finally devotes the money necessary to play competitive FBS football. Houston Nutt. Phil Fulmer. Lou Holtz. Paul Pasqualoni 2.0. Come on down, collect some easy peasy retirement pay, and if we 1 or 2 games a year, we will throw a parade for you. If you don't win, no problem. We already have a scroll of excuses lined up for you to use. We expect to lose. Hell, we might even want to lose given how little we finance football.

Reaction Score
Bugs, you have to understand what’s been happening to them when they play those teams. You don’t get excited to watch those teams hang for 50 on you. And I will reckon to say it’s worse because of the expectations you used to have for the program. The fall from the glory days is way worse than UConn’s right now. By a margin.
Christ they only beat Charlotte 14-3 for homecoming! And scored all of their points in the first qtr.
Believe me. It’s worse in Vol land.

SEC schools hang 50 on Tennessee, we get 50 hung on us from AAC schools from top to bottom. Heck, even in the only game we won, Rhode Island put up 49.

Are you hearing screams from fans to drop football or drop down to FCS because it’s a lost cause and too much of a financial strain?

We are. So no, it’s worse HERE. It’s not even comparable. Not even in the same stratosphere.

Last edited:

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Are you hearing screams from fans to drop football or drop down to FCS because it’s a lost cause and too much of a financial strain?

We are. So no, it’s worse here.

Amazing that we have fans of grandfathered P5 schools griping about their plights here, eh? No matter how bad of shape they think their AD is in, we have that covered and then some at UConn.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

There’s no way Dunn goes. Edsall likes Dunn. I also don’t mind him that much, I think the conservative calls are more of an edsall decision. He’s done a good job of developing Pindell

Reaction Score

The difference is the financial element it to this with the conference / state / school.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom