I don’t know what to make of this one | The Boneyard

I don’t know what to make of this one

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Is our D that good or is DePaul just atrocious?

For awhile the announcers were saying how DePaul couldn’t handle our D, yet they were still winning. Eventually we took the lead, so we didn’t fall victim to the announcer hex.

Either way, heck of a road win. We gutted that out. We can win ugly too.

Reaction Score
Take the win and move on but its hard not to think that the free throws and missed point blank shots at the rim will cost them some wins, especially the free throws. Gotta have guards that you can trust to knock down 2 free throws with pressure on the line, Bouk might be the only one.

Reaction Score
We just had to gut it out. It was ab ugly game. Tonight it was TM's turn. He played like a man possessed. I just wish he would finish better around the rim. Our foul shooting was terrible. IW played steady. His energy showed up in the second half. The for a break and get Bouk back healthy.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Our D is very good, despite some clear lapses tonight. Our FT were terrible. DePaul plays over aggressive D, and the only way to make them pay is to attack it and draw fouls. For too long we were passive. Then drew fouls, mostly Martin and Adams, but missed the FT. Made this game harder than it should have been.

Still gives Hurley some good tape for future improvement and we toughed out the win anyway.

Reaction Score
Depaul did a good job shutting down Polley. We missed so many bunnies. We missed so many foul shots. We made way too many stupid passes and turnovers. We are missing the future POY in college basketball.

Yet we win.....

As bad as it was watching, this was the kind of game to snap their egos back in place and motivate them that no win is given.

Reaction Score
Second road game in three days, missing the best player on the team, playing with the added pressure/distraction of our first ranking in four years, played poorly, missed roughly 50% of our free throws but still won.

Just put it in the W column, and move on. This game was tougher in ways not apparent because of the opponent and they found a way to get it done. This bodes well for the future even though it was ugly.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Is our D that good or is DePaul just atrocious?

For awhile the announcers were saying how DePaul couldn’t handle our D, yet they were still winning. Eventually we took the lead, so we didn’t fall victim to the announcer hex.

Either way, heck of a road win. We gutted that out. We can win ugly too.

DePaul is a bad team. UConn played poorly last 15 min of first half and first 10 min of second half.

Reaction Score
I think the week off is actually good for us.

I mentioned this in a PM to some guys. We just won 3 road Big East games in 6 days with essentially nothing from Bouknight. If you can't be happy with that, I don't know what to say.

DePaul may suck, but I wouldn't want to play them in another month after they get more games under their belt.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom