I do Believe | The Boneyard

I do Believe

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
A few things and they're JMO. I do believe that Sarah Strong will be a Husky. My reasoning is because we have seen a lot of comments from various media mentioning teams that are on her list. A few weeks ago it was UConn, SC and LSU. Now its Duke NC and UConn. In all those articles UConn has been listed. When you have a chance to play with the best and for the best in a legendary program, that the media follows at a very high rate I don't see how you could go anywhere else. Playing beside Paige who can make you better is an asset especially as a freshman.

I do believe that having players like Paige and Aaliyah who can carry a team, make plays when you need them, and at a very high percentage will lead UConn to the FF. There are alot of scorers out there on teams that depend on them. There aren't a lot of scorers who can get other team mates involved like Paige can. Paige also has Aaliyah and not many teams have a player like Aaliyah. Now add in another 6'3 player in Ice who showed us in the BET that she has arrived. Couple that with UConn's defense which has been suffocating, forcing opponents into duress and I really really like our chances of going to the FF. Paige can take over a game and that is a key.

IMO I dont think there is a team that has 2 players as dominate as Paige and Aaliyah. There are teams with a couple of very good players but none that can execute at the percentages that Paige and Aaliyah do. Both in IMO are dominate AAs and are at a different level then most. I also believe Geno has a game plan much like in the BET where both will excel and lead UConns young team. Nika KK and Ash are shut down defenders. That encourages me even more because as Geno says Defense wins Championships and if the BET is any indication we are knocking on the door in Cleveland.

I do Believe.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
1710855132841.jpeg
Go Tony:

Reaction Score
I don't think there is any "easy" path. UConn, whomever they play, will have that teams best foot forward. NObody has a bad game against UConn, usually players have their best outing of the year against UConn (not counting Marquette......that game was bad for them....)

Sarah Strong, well, my gut says no. Just my opinion, but that's how I feel. I hope you're right and I'm wrong.

As far as Duke and Syracuse is concerned. Both good. Syracuse beat ND...twice. So, that could definitely be a problem. Don't know much about Duke this year, but I sure wouldn't underestimate them.

I think, at end of day, UConn will come out hard and ready. I believe they can do it, but, as Geno said, it's gonna take a bit of luck.

Reaction Score
A few things and they're JMO. I do believe that Sarah Strong will be a Husky. My reasoning is because we have seen a lot of comments from various media mentioning teams that are on her list. A few weeks ago it was UConn, SC and LSU. Now its Duke NC and UConn. In all those articles UConn has been listed. When you have a chance to play with the best and for the best in a legendary program, that the media follows at a very high rate I don't see how you could go anywhere else. Playing beside Paige who can make you better is an asset especially as a freshman.

I do believe that having players like Paige and Aaliyah who can carry a team, make plays when you need them, and at a very high percentage will lead UConn to the FF. There are alot of scorers out there on teams that depend on them. There aren't a lot of scorers who can get other team mates involved like Paige can. Paige also has Aaliyah and not many teams have a player like Aaliyah. Now add in another 6'3 player in Ice who showed us in the BET that she has arrived. Couple that with UConn's defense which has been suffocating, forcing opponents into duress and I really really like our chances of going to the FF. Paige can take over a game and that is a key.

IMO I dont think there is a team that has 2 players as dominate as Paige and Aaliyah. There are teams with a couple of very good players but none that can execute at the percentages that Paige and Aaliyah do. Both in IMO are dominate AAs and are at a different level then most. I also believe Geno has a game plan much like in the BET where both will excel and lead UConns young team. Nika KK and Ash are shut down defenders. That encourages me even more because as Geno says Defense wins Championships and if the BET is any indication we are knocking on the door in Cleveland.

I do Believe.
Well said, Tonyc. Now we are on my MANTRA. I believe is another way to say "it's possible" which is what I have been saying ever since I have been posting. Uconn has a certain aura about them that defies rationality in no matter what is thrown at them, they always find a way to prevail. Thanks to Geno's coaching and the teams grit and determination and the team's mantra, "no fear". I have been waiting for No.12 for 8 years and I believe the team has come to peak in defense and scoring. I believe Uconn's defense is the best in the tournament. When Uconn prevails over Jackson State, It will be Uconn's 29th and Geno' 1210th win. Best ever in D1 women's BB. GO GENO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO FRESHMEN!!!!!!!!!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Well said, Tonyc. Now we are on my MANTRA. I believe is another way to say "it's possible" which is what I have been saying ever since I have been posting. Uconn has a certain aura about them that defies rationality in no matter what is thrown at them, they always find a way to prevail. Thanks to Geno's coaching and the teams grit and determination and the team's mantra, "no fear". I have been waiting for No.12 for 8 years and I believe the team has come to peak in defense and scoring. I believe Uconn's defense is the best in the tournament. When Uconn prevails over Jackson State, It will be Uconn's 29th and Geno' 1210th win. Best ever in D1 women's BB. GO GENO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO FRESHMEN!!!!!!!!!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!
I didn't post that it will be Uconn's 29th .......30 win season, most in D1 women's BB

Reaction Score

I do Believe.
If she chooses a different team it will be based on the teams histories developing players, particularly players that are similar in physical makeup as she is. I personally don't remember the last time UConn had a player that was built like Strong that came in and actually played for Geno. She has a lot of talent but I personally think she would be better served going to one of the other schools.

Reaction Score
If she chooses a different team it will be based on the teams histories developing players, particularly players that are similar in physical makeup as she is. I personally don't remember the last time UConn had a player that was built like Strong that came in and actually played for Geno. She has a lot of talent but I personally think she would be better served going to one of the other schools.
If that was the criteria, Utah would be one of her finalists. Can you point to a Duke/UNC success in developing a player “ built like Strong?”

Reaction Score
Geno "molds" very good players into GREAT players. IMO I assume that Sarah wishes to
get better, and better, and become the BEST basketball player she can (prior to the WNBA).
What "better" place than UCONN.... with a proven track record! I can't follow the logic of
choosing a team with " histories (of) developing players" with the restrictive comment
of "similar in physical makeup". This appears to me to be another form of "false
equivalence" that has been popping up on the Boneyard regarding Sarah Strong's choice.
Maybe a counter example would be in order: Stephanie Dolson? (But Sarah will not
be a POST), or how great would SARAH become is she is developed (or molded) by
Geno into a new N. Collier, truly a "powerful" UCONN and WNBA player (and ALL STAR
.. player and person!!). TIME WILL TELL.... let's see what happens ... year by wonderful year!
GO HUSKIES! GO SARAH!

Reaction Score
Not sure what “history” Duke or NC have in developing players similar to Ms Strong? If getting developed into a better player is a big part of her criteria then UConn clearly has a huge advantage! I don’t know what those criteria are but it’s patently obvious that in all things basketball UConn is the superior choice. However, these kinds of decisions are rarely based on the objective but rather on the subjective feelings and desires of a young woman (or man). On top of that there may be outside influences at work as well, parents, former coaches, friends, NIL, style of play, weather, distance (or proximity) from/to home, rosters, academic goals, and many more! Now that I think about it, I see just how difficult a choice like this can be! Obviously, I’m hoping she comes to UConn, but all indications are that she is a good person, a mature and thoughtful young woman and ( even aside from her tremendous basketball skills) will be a fine addition to whatever school she ultimately chooses. I wish her all the best.

Reaction Score
Assuming no first round upsets, Duke plays Ohio State in round two.
Syracuse needs to get past winner of Arizona and Auburn play-in game to make it to round two.
I assume no such thing. I picture UConn’s path as follows:
Jackson St. — Syracuse — Duke — USC — Iowa — SC ——— NC (Yay!)

You gotta believe!!!

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
TonyC, I like the way you think. Remember Stewie's freshman season, when UConn looked a little discombobulated playing Notre Dame in the Big East tourney. That didn't go well, but Geno said to the team, If you want to win the national championship, listen to me over the next week-plus, and I'll SHOW you how to win the national championship. They have four freshmen playing big roles, and if they listen to Geno, they have as good a shot as anyone.

Reaction Score
They have four freshmen playing big roles, and if they listen to Geno, they have as good a shot as anyone.
"But listening is haaaard," so many freshmen have told me over the years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom