I can't help myself (Tenn, merged thread) | Page 10 | The Boneyard

I can't help myself (Tenn, merged thread)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
People, the fact that a "The administration will be making a decision tomorrow on the leadership of UT WBB" should be enough to tell you what's happening. Why "make a decision" if Holly is staying? As I've been saying, once again, she's not retiring, but will make a sideways move into early administration. Holly is a Lady Vol for life and she'll remain actively involved in the program, just not as coach. By the way, it's not just Westbrook who has intimated that she won't return if Holly remains as coach, which her mother did a while ago on twitter. Rennia Davis' demeanor on and off the court speaks volumes about how she and other players on the team feel about Holly as coach.

Last edited:

JordyG

Reaction Score
Tennessee is paying so many former football and MBB coaches, they may not be able to afford a top WBB coach.
But Katie Meier may be in the realm of possibility, as perhaps a Courtney Banghart.

Reaction Score
Why "make a decision" if Holly is staying?

To end speculation.

If you say nothing, then "will she be fired" gets talked about for weeks. But if she's not going to get fired, then you say "We talked. Here are the changes being made -- X, Y, Z. But she's staying as coach."

Also BTW, TN insiders are saying Westbrook likely gone regardless. Apparently she & family have been unhappy for awhile.

Last edited:

JordyG

Reaction Score
To end speculation.

If you say nothing, then "will she be fired" gets talked about for weeks. But if she's not going to get fired, then you say "We talked. Here are the changes being made -- X, Y, Z. But she's staying as coach."

Also BTW, TN insiders are saying Westbrook likely gone regardless. Apparently she & family have been unhappy for awhile.
My friend, the question of her being fired has been speculated upon on the LV site for the entire year and a half. What's a few weeks? That is a pretty weak argument. If she isn't being kicked upstairs why talk to the press at all? Just let things stand as they are and let the talkers talk. And as I said, her mother implied that Evina was gone weeks ago on twitter.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Tennessee is now a soap opera!

Stay tuned to your local "Orange" channel for the next episode of "As Volnation Churns."

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
It is possible that Westbrook's public comment to the media may have pushed TN to keep HW? After all, how would it look to fire the HC based on a complaint from one of the players that didn't involve unacceptable personal behavior of some kind? What happens if the players don't like the new coach, who's bound to be tougher on them then HW?

I see where you're coming from, but...

It would look like they fired the head coach after they came perilously close to missing the NCAA tournament for the first time ever.

Holly's done poorly enough to justify her dismissal regardless of Westbrook's comments.

Last edited:

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Tennessee is paying so many former football and MBB coaches, they may not be able to afford a top WBB coach.

Yes, the Vol athletic administration has been a train wreck for quite some time now. They had the Lane Kiffin disaster, the Greg Schiano embarrassment, and they hired Fulmer in an attempt to clean up the mess. Unfortunately for Phil, it looks like they have yet another mess on their hands.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I'll tell you what, the next coach will have their hands full if players think they can get coaches fired.

Westbrook may be about to become the Carl Yaztremski of women's college BB.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
How could you tell? You mean a different level of meltdown from the one they've been continuously having for the past couple of years?
Yes, like such a big meltdown they regret firing Holly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom