I can tell you this | The Boneyard

I can tell you this

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
When we get healthy and up to speed, there is not one team in WCBB that wants us in their bracket. NOT ONE. We're hurtin right now and we will be for the next few months. By the time March rolls around we should be ready and that should be our focus. As fans the team and coaches need us now. They dont need the bashing and negativity that Im reading. Remember when you were down, how bout if you daughter played a sport and had a poor game...remember how people would talk about her or you? It hurts. When people are down we as fans should pick them up by encouraging them. I try to be positive all the time. Let me tell you trying to be positive all the time is tuff. Nobody wants to follow a crybaby.

One thing we have to remember is we have a bunch of freshman and sophs that dont have much experience or playtime at this level. Some feel we should play them in a blowout and maybe we should. The reason theyre not playing is because theyre not ready to play. Theyre not up to speed and it wouldnt be fair to their team mates who have worked hard to learn UConns system and how to execute it. We saw some really dumb plays last nite and some were because kids with less experience on the floor and not knowing the plays and being in the wrong place missed a play.

Hey we all luv our girls and think of them as your girls and treat them and the coaches as if they were family. Yeah we can voice our frustrations thats part of being a fan but we should show some luv too because now is when they really need it.

Reaction Score
Hey we all luv our girls and think of them as your girls and treat them and the coaches as if they were family. Yeah we can voice our frustrations thats part of being a fan but we should show some luv too because now is when they really need it.
Yup. None of us Boneyarders can actually DO anything to help "our girls," and that's a piece of the frustration. (Most of us who are grandparents have learned to keep our negative opinions about our children's childrearing to ourselves.)

Reaction Score
When we get healthy and up to speed, there is not one team in WCBB that wants us in their bracket. NOT ONE. We're hurtin right now and we will be for the next few months. By the time March rolls around we should be ready and that should be our focus. As fans the team and coaches need us now. They dont need the bashing and negativity that Im reading. Remember when you were down, how bout if you daughter played a sport and had a poor game...remember how people would talk about her or you? It hurts. When people are down we as fans should pick them up by encouraging them. I try to be positive all the time. Let me tell you trying to be positive all the time is tuff. Nobody wants to follow a crybaby.

One thing we have to remember is we have a bunch of freshman and sophs that dont have much experience or playtime at this level. Some feel we should play them in a blowout and maybe we should. The reason theyre not playing is because theyre not ready to play. Theyre not up to speed and it wouldnt be fair to their team mates who have worked hard to learn UConns system and how to execute it. We saw some really dumb plays last nite and some were because kids with less experience on the floor and not knowing the plays and being in the wrong place missed a play.

People need to remember the season really doesn't start until you are near the end of conference play.
You get ready for the conference tournament which leads to seeding for the NCAA tournament, then the real season begins.
Still a lot of time to fix the problems. If things aren't better by March, then you can worry.

Reaction Score
People need to remember the season really doesn't start until you are near the end of conference play.
You get ready for the conference tournament which leads to seeding for the NCAA tournament, then the real season begins.
Still a lot of time to fix the problems. If things aren't better by March, then you can worry.

5AF95FE8-C0F8-4EC0-883B-F4CC6C6BFF52.gif

Reaction Score
the frustration is understandable.........UConn still fields what should be a very competitive team without their injured teammates and yet after their first chance to shine they simply couldn't pull together..........my hope is that we will see a more competitive team as they learn to deal without their leader..........what's not understandable is the kind of personal criticisms of the players who despite all the hype are still just young college students.........

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Geno has referenced 1997 a lot lately, where Shea got hurt in 1st round NCAA game, and the team didn't know how to handle the major injury and blow to their team. I'd rather put up with a lower ranking, a few losses, and then get everyone back healthy for the tournament. Who knows, perhaps in some rough spots, certain players will figure out how to contribute to make the team as whole is it can be before Paige, Nika, Aubrey, Azzi are all back.

Reaction Score
I agree with your thesis, Tony. I think that the team is going to sustain a number of losses and all of a sudden a spark will occur that will make this team formidable. Then they will march through the tournament and win the National Championship.

Reaction Score

Love your post but a while ago I said my girls and got jumped on this site. They are not your girls and they are ladies, blah , blah,blah.To me when someone says that it means they could be our daughters who deserve our love and respect.

Reaction Score
The difference between the team with Paige and without her shows she's clearly the best player in women's college basketball. It's not like the rest of the players are scrubs. They're top 10 recruits.

Reaction Score
The difference between the team with Paige and without her shows she's clearly the best player in women's college basketball. It's not like the rest of the players are scrubs. They're top 10 recruits.
Very true….but they are playing like scrubs right now. That’s supposed to be were the coach comes in.

Reaction Score
Not enough time between the injuries and the game. probably still not enough for tomorrow either but maybe the shots will fall that didn't at GT. I sure hope so. I have to record the game and watch it much later. Not sad I can't be in the game chat. I can't take that much negativity. It took me a while to learn how to be positive when I was coaching. I will try to keep that way.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
People can take heart from the 96-97 Tennessee team. They lost 10 games during the season, mostly due to injuries. However, back at full strength in March, they plowed thru the NCAAs, beating teams that had beaten Tenn in season, including UConn. So, there is precedent.

Perhaps some other old timer can provide more details of that season.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Something was affirmed yesterday that most of us already knew without a doubt. Paige is unquestionably this team’s MVP.

Reaction Score
I agree with your thesis, Tony. I think that the team is going to sustain a number of losses and all of a sudden a spark will occur that will make this team formidable. Then they will march through the tournament and win the National Championship.
of course, that's based on Paige Bueckers coming back at 100% well before the end of the season.........sadly no guarantees of that.........:(

Reaction Score

Tony you are the voice of reason on this topic. UConn got hit with a tidal wave and some want to know why breakfast was late.
All UConn needs is a healthy team going into the BE tournament. And they could have everyone back well before that.
If nothing else this game should be a wakeup call to the rest of the starters that they haven't been carrying much of the load up till now.

Reaction Score
Tony you are the voice of reason on this topic. UConn got hit with a tidal wave and some want to know why breakfast was late.
All UConn needs is a healthy team going into the BE tournament. And they could have everyone back well before that.
If nothing else this game should be a wakeup call to the rest of the starters that they haven't been carrying much of the load up till now.
they gotta make the tournament first............while I'm hopeful it's not the case, if UConn continues to play like last night, they could easily loose a bunch of games even in the Big East

Reaction Score
they gotta make the tournament first............while I'm hopeful it's not the case, if UConn continues to play like last night, they could easily loose a bunch of games even in the Big East
That's why I said "going into the BET". Even if they have to play on Wed they will win it if Bueckers and the rest are healthy. The best part about my scenario would be the whines from the 1 seed in UConn's bracket. :rolleyes:
A True Cinderella Story!!!

Reaction Score
true but they are still just regular college kids with all the ups and downs that come with that plus the added pressure of playing big time basketball.........I think it's fair to say that it isn't easy........despite what some here may believe.....

Reaction Score
And approximately 180,000 student athletes nationwide are getting the same "lot of money" to play their sports. Not sure what this has to do with anything.

If they could afford it, I'm pretty sure many players would play for free. Oftentimes, those are the true keepers.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Even before this situation, and excluding Paige, these players don’t look like they enjoy playing.
JMHO

Reaction Score
Very true….but they are playing like scrubs right now. That’s supposed to be were the coach comes in.
I believe Page is worth 35-45 points per game when adding her assists, steals, perfect passes, drives, floaters and her ability to see what the game is giving her and what it is taking away. she no doubt makes her teammates feel better with her on the floor

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom