I asked ChatGPT to write a poem about UConn basketball | The Boneyard

I asked ChatGPT to write a poem about UConn basketball

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
Was messing around with ChatGPT and decided to ask it: Can you write a poem about the players on the University of Connecticut men's basketball team?

It said:
>Sure, here's a poem about the players on the University of Connecticut's men's basketball team:
On the court they stand, With strength and skill in hand, The players of UConn's men's team, Brave warriors of the gleaming dream.
The ball bounces high and low, Their passion and power in the flow, Each dribble and shot, a rhythmic dance, As they strive for victory's chance.
Their uniforms, blue and white, Symbolizing their honor and might, Representing their state with pride, And the Husky spirit deep inside.
From Jalen to R.J., Adama to Tyrese, Each player brings their unique keys, Unlocking the door to the game, And earning themselves a place of fame.
As they race down the court, Each player gives it their all in sport, With heart, with soul, and with might, To win, to triumph, to take flight.
So here's to UConn's team, A force to be reckoned, it seems, With their passion, their skill, and their might, They keep the Husky dream shining bright.<<

Well, that was fun (AI will kill us all one day, wheeeeee)

Reaction Score
Was messing around with ChatGPT and decided to ask it: Can you write a poem about the players on the University of Connecticut men's basketball team?

It said:

On the court they stand, With strength and skill in hand, The players of UConn's men's team, Brave warriors of the gleaming dream.
The ball bounces high and low, Their passion and power in the flow, Each dribble and shot, a rhythmic dance, As they strive for victory's chance.
Their uniforms, blue and white, Symbolizing their honor and might, Representing their state with pride, And the Husky spirit deep inside.
From Jalen to R.J., Adama to Tyrese, Each player brings their unique keys, Unlocking the door to the game, And earning themselves a place of fame.
As they race down the court, Each player gives it their all in sport, With heart, with soul, and with might, To win, to triumph, to take flight.
So here's to UConn's team, A force to be reckoned, it seems, With their passion, their skill, and their might, They keep the Husky dream shining bright.<<

I just submitted for my son's school project.
Thanks!

Reaction Score
If the late and by some definitions great Scottish poet William McGonagall wrote a poem about UConn basketball, it might sound like that one.

Reaction Score
Did anyone read the article / listen to the podcast about the writer that was messing around with the new Bing AI that's in beta? It uses Chat GPT. Scary stuff! It basically sounded sentient and tried to get him to leave his wife.

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
Did anyone read the article / listen to the podcast about the writer that was messing around with the new Bing AI that's in beta? It uses Chat GPT. Scary stuff! It basically sounded sentient and tried to get him to leave his wife.

Actually unnerving to read that transcript.

Reaction Score
"Gleaming dream" is a great example of why I'm not worried about this stuff as a teacher. The kids think we're so dumb when it comes to plagiarism, many are.. To me it's a "I know it when I see it" situation because if you know your students you know what they are capable of. Anything above that line, and it's obvious.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
It sure likes to say things like soar and take flight when talking about Huskies. Hmmm.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I just asked asked it to write a poem about nothing in particular…..

UConn misses a point guard, so fleet and true, A master of the game, with moves so smooth, A leader on the court, a captain of the crew, Without this star, the team is at a loss to groove.

No more the slick passes, no more the quick breaks, No more the perfect layups or three-point shots, No more the dynamic plays that the crowd awakes, Without the point guard, UConn's game comes to naught.

The team struggles on, fighting hard each game, But the absence of the point guard is felt so deep, They miss the way she called the shots and took the aim, With her gone, UConn's aspirations begin to seep.

But the team will rise again, with a spirit bright, They'll train and hone their skills to take up the slack, They'll fight their way back to the top with all their might, And the point guard's absence will just be a temporary lack.

For UConn knows how to build a team, strong and tough, And they'll come back stronger, with a renewed sense of grit, The point guard will return, and their game will be enough, To take the championship, and leave their opponents unfit.

So though they miss their point guard, UConn stands tall, They'll fight through this challenge, and come out on top, And when the point guard returns, they'll have it all, A team so strong, they'll never be stopped.

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
Dang that was long, did you ask it to write in the style of homer?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Dang that was long, did you ask it to write in the style of homer?

No - but that surprised me too.

It's off the wall, but I did enjoy the past about the team being at a loss to groove. That will become a staple of my post-game thoughts.

Reaction Score
Any poem about UConn that doesn't include Senhor T. is pure trash.

Reaction Score

It said:

That idiot bot knows noting about our Huskies except some names. D-

"Unlocking the door to the game?" Garbage. Bet I could beat it in a game of HORSE.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
“It started with a poem that users of a prominent online chat forum called trash…”

Arnold Schwarzenegger Terminator GIF by Filmin

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom