I an now convinved we can beat any team on any given day | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I an now convinved we can beat any team on any given day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I hate to say this but for now I am NOT convinced that our guys can but they will have a chance to prove me wrong. If they were to have any chance to beat Texas having Taylor out is a good start. But we have NO answer for Holmes and they are long and attack the boards like men. Being home may help but I don't like this matchup at all. And Duke? Not much better but a little bit......as for later in the year I believe it could change. Texas to me may be as good as Kentucky when they have 5 guys on the floor which is how it's played. Better 10-11 UK but Texas can play with them any time. The thing that hurts is Barnes - not good!

Reaction Score
I hate to say this but for now I am NOT convinced that our guys can but they will have a chance to prove me wrong. If they were to have any chance to beat Texas having Taylor out is a good start. But we have NO answer for Holmes and they are long and attack the boards like men. Being home may help but I don't like this matchup at all. And Duke? Not much better but a little bit.as for later in the year I believe it could change. Texas to me may be as good as Kentucky when they have 5 guys on the floor which is how it's played. Better 10-11 UK but Texas can play with them any time. The thing that hurts is Barnes - not good!
do you say these things so that you don't get your hopes up against the likes of Texas and Duke?
Ollie coaching and the talent on this team suggest that they can play with and beat any team on any given night. I am convinced of that. And after the run last year and in 2011, Until the tourney starts the only thing that matters is peaking at the right time and preparing for another run in March.

Reaction Score
I see a good team not a great team. How anyone can see a 5th Championship after 3 games with this squad, I don't know. The 2011 and 2014 Championship visions didn't materialize until the BET for one and the St. Joes miracle for the other. The point is no one saw it in November, and certainly not through BET/AAC conference play.

I feel for Ollie this season with some fans expectations of him, and expecting another 'miracle' in less than 12 months.

All I know is when we lose, this board will thin out and the wagon becomes lighter. Some riders will make the journey unbearable for the rest of us.

Oh and we will lose a game and another and another and ........

Reaction Score
do you say these things so that you don't get your hopes up against the likes of Texas and Duke?
Ollie coaching and the talent on this team suggest that they can play with and beat any team on any given night. I am convinced of that. And after the run last year and in 2011, Until the tourney starts the only thing that matters is peaking at the right time and preparing for another run in March.

I am saying this because I've watched all of these teams, although on occasion there could be some old style reverse pychie worked in there. The obvious is we all believe we will be better come february/march/april but for now if you saw Texas and us in different games knowing we'd be playing you came out thinking UConn can and will beat them, you're drunker than I can ever get! I can hope we're all grown up and rebounding better in a week but I won't bank on it. Having said that I love crow too!

No matter, should be interesting to watch form so many perspectives.

Reaction Score
Well see what happens I'm not even looking at that Texas game right now. It's better to just live in the moment take it game to game and not having expectations. I don't look at the season as championship or bust, we got a young team we will have our bumps in the road I like the fact that we play Texas and Duke early to make us better in the long run whether that's this year or next year. We got a lot to work on but I like the way were playing as a team.

Reaction Score
I hate to say this but for now I am NOT convinced that our guys can but they will have a chance to prove me wrong. If they were to have any chance to beat Texas having Taylor out is a good start. But we have NO answer for Holmes and they are long and attack the boards like men. Being home may help but I don't like this matchup at all. And Duke? Not much better but a little bit.as for later in the year I believe it could change. Texas to me may be as good as Kentucky when they have 5 guys on the floor which is how it's played. Better 10-11 UK but Texas can play with them any time. The thing that hurts is Barnes - not good!

Hamilton/Purvis can decently defend Holmes. Also, let the guards funnel Holmes into Brimah. Texas may not be able to get into their offensive rhythm with Taylor being out. Plus, in a home game - our players will be more composed, hopefully. If these things happen in Uconn's way, we can hope for a double digit win. Texas is not a high scoring machine especially with Taylor out of it.

Reaction Score
I see a good team not a great team. How anyone can see a 5th Championship after 3 games with this squad, I don't know. The 2011 and 2014 Championship visions didn't materialize until the BET for one and the St. Joes miracle for the other. The point is no one saw it in November, and certainly not through BET/AAC conference play.

I feel for Ollie this season with some fans expectations of him, and expecting another 'miracle' in less than 12 months.

All I know is when we lose, this board will thin out and the wagon becomes lighter. Some riders will make the journey unbearable for the rest of us.

Oh and we will lose a game and another and another and ...
You could have said the same thing about last years team mid season and you wouldn't be too far from wrong. We just have to come together at the end of the season and find that Bazz type of go to guy. Boat and Hamilton are my nominees.

Reaction Score
One promising thing. We're getting nothing out of Phil Nolan at this point and I don't think that will continue, so that's an area of possible improvement. Same with Omar, so if we can actually get a benefit from them... We get an upside that helps in those big games.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
One thing I know is that I know nothing! I'm glad others have a better view into the future than I do. Do you guys time travel or do you have the ability to read a crystal ball like the guys at 247? My focus is on the next game with WV and I guarantee you I'll start off sweating that game the same way I did the last three.

Reaction Score
After the AAC tourney last season im willing to bet that NOBODY on this forum thought we`d be cutting down the nets in Dallas. NOBODY! I thought we`d be lucky to see the sweet 16 especially after the St. Joes close call. But what i learned last season NEVER COUNT US OUT! This the second time in the last 4 years we`ve won a national title when NOBODY expected it. We played an overwhelming favorite in Uk who many thought would run us out of the gym but by the time that game came around i and any true uconn fan knew the rest of the country was crazy to pick uk because there was no way we would get denied.
I dont care if we have 10 losses by tourney time. If we get in we have as good a shot as any to win it NO MATTER WHO WE FACE! Ive learned my lesson and ill never bet against us cutting down the nets ever again. If we`re in the tourney we can win it case closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom