I am very happy for Evina | The Boneyard

I am very happy for Evina

Reaction Score
She has beaten her former team twice. Rather than dwell on the negative of what went down when she transferred, I am so happy for her. It sure hasn't been easy for her physically the last few years, but she is a great teammate and leader. And she must love every minute of being coached by Geno. She sure knows the alternative. She made such an excellent life decision to come to play for Geno and CD!

Thoughts?

Reaction Score
She has beaten her former team twice. Rather than dwell on the negative of what went down when she transferred, I am so happy for her. It sure hasn't been easy for her physically the last few years, but she is a great teammate and leader. And she must love every minute of being coached by Geno. She sure knows the alternative. She made such an excellent life decision to come to play for Geno and CD!

Thoughts?
Glad to have her would like to see her playing more. Have Nika come off the bench

Reaction Score
Coming into the UConn program I thought Evina would be a leader and scorer. Her injury kept us from seeing what her role would be and when we finally got to see her what we got was and is a consumate role player. A role that fits this team really well. She can rebound, score, get assists, play defense and most importantly calm things down when needed. Having a player as good as Evina available pick up the slack where needed is an incredible luxury. If we are to make a deep run into the NCAAs Evina will be a big part of it.

Reaction Score

Thoughts?

Even though she didn’t play the first year, it’s 3 in a row

Reaction Score
Evina could make a very nice pro career scoring 14+ points off the bench each game.
It’s funny how things work out. Besides helping this year’s team, E’s transition to 6th man role should help her at the next level, when she almost assuredly will be playing fewer minutes in similar capacity as part of a bench rotation. So win-win overall.

Playing effectively as a sub requires a different mindset than starting. Credit to E for embracing this change, esp as a senior. Definition of selfless teammate & true leader. Now, having navigated the transition mentally to become comfortable in her new role, I look for E to provide this level of play thru March. Extremely encouraging & a big boon for her WNBA future.

Reaction Score
"E" : smooth, gracious, tough, a great "Mom", .... and we love your smile.
And, of course, on with the " unfinished business"!

Reaction Score
I think back to Ashley Battle. Different skills, different needs, but the same kind of vital boost off the bench.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
The Lady Vol game was the best game Evina played this year. She was looking for her shot early in the game and if I recall correctly had 9 points at half time. She took 11 shots for the game, while not having a good shooting day she was at least looking to score. So many games, Evina does not look for a shot and defers to her teammates. Hopefully we'll see more of yesterday's Evina then the one we see in so many other games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom