I am sad | The Boneyard

I am sad

scoobydoo

1977 & 1974 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
The fourth quarter was a pathetic embarrassment. We suck.

Reaction Score
It was a game for 3 quarters. Defense is improving. Giving up points in bunches. Either early in the game or today, in the 4th quarter. We are young and improving. We are losing the turnover battle (among a few other smaller battles). As long as the team does not quit and competes, we will be fine for the future.

Reaction Score
We are so close. Remember a few years ago when Memphis was like us? They made major strides the next year and were really good. Rapid improvement as far as I'm concerned. Keep in mind, SMU is much better than ECU. We just need to keep the players up so they keep getting better.

Last edited:

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
And reps.

Hoping RE can bring some grad transfers or Ju Cos over in the off season to fill some of our holes (phrasing)

Or that our grad transfers can actually become eligible (C. Joseph)/stick with us instead of another program (D. Williams).

Reaction Score
Small consolation but you can watch Rutgers get taken to the woodshed by Buckeyes tonight.

Reaction Score
We are close. Offense light years better. Defense has new system with players out of position. Recruit. Lift weights. Coach them up. Edsall is the right person.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
This game would have been over during pregame warmups if the Cranberry Warrior was still here.

They still make a half-dozen critical mistakes that doom them during these games, but the improvement over last year is immediately noticeable.

If you thought we were gonna win a lot of games this year, the problem is with your expectations.

Reaction Score
To be honest I think suck is the one word we shouldn't be using to describe this team. The offensive looks like it can put points up on a regular basis, defense going through some growing pains - but let Crocker get some players for the system and we'll be alright. For the first time in a while I'm feeling like I'm seeing the team improve and make strides towards winning ways.

Reaction Score
This game would have been over during pregame warmups if the Cranberry Warrior was still here.

They still make a half-dozen critical mistakes that doom them during these games, but the improvement over last year is immediately noticeable.

If you thought we were gonna win a lot of games this year, the problem is with your expectations.

Didnt jeff jacobs tell fans we should be realistic about our expectations this season? To go from a team barely able to score points through multiple games to somehow stringing multiple touchdowns in a row in the same game is unfathomable.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
We would have lost this game 56-3 last year. The improvement is obvious, but we don't have that winning mentality yet. It'll come with time.
Yes. We don't have the athletes yet. But the guys who were out there today went toe-to-toe with SMU for 3+ quarters. They fought to the end. The game was a toss up for 50 minutes.

SMU didn't expect to be tied with 14:00 left in the game.

This is what the first step toward respectability looks like.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Didnt jeff jacobs tell fans we should be realistic about our expectations this season? To go from a team barely able to score points through multiple games to somehow stringing multiple touchdowns in a row in the same game is unfathomable.

Exactly.

We scored 28 points today. We didn’t score 28 points once last year - we only scored 32 in our last five games.

I would like them to stop giving up 49 points a game, but baby steps...

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
No one likes to lose, but after how last year ended, this is an improvement.
The offense looks better, much better than under Red pants.
The new defense is going to take time, but remember it took time when Don Brown first got here if you remember correctly. Just need the right players for the scheme and I think that is coming along just takes time

Reaction Score
I feel the angst of the OP. This program has lost the shiny, new toy feel. This will likely be the 7th consecutive losing season. It will be friends, family and yarders at The Rent soon.

That said, in ecstatic with Lashlee and wjat he's done here so far. Hope he stays longer than thus year. Also good to see Edsall give Coney and Oak the business for their bonehead plays.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom