I am sad | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I am sad

Reaction Score
this team does not suck..they played a very entertaining game up until the 4th quarter reared its ugly head. the up tempo offense is great to watch and Lashlee is getting the best out of the players we have. the defense is getting betterin baby steps for sure. this team is learning a completely whole new system from the abortion of last year. I don't think that 4 games is going to change that fact.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't like this thread title. We don't suck. I feel so much better about the team now than I did a week ago. They competed, they came back to tie late. That was an awesome moment, the place I was at went wild. They didn't finish, bad, I agree. But it is better than never being in the game. Anyone out there ever play the game of Risk? There's a time in that game where you go on the attack, give it all you got and just come up short. Then the opposition steamrolls you. The team will move forward off this game.

Reaction Score
this team does not suck..they played a very entertaining game up until the 4th quarter reared its ugly head. the up tempo offense is great to watch and Lashlee is getting the best out of the players we have. the defense is getting betterin baby steps for sure. this team is learning a completely whole new system from the abortion of last year. I don't think that 4 games is going to change that fact.

We're miles ahead of where we've been on offense in recent years. On defense we have some glaring weaknesses but we're literally playing a bunch of kids out there. Still we need to play and coach better on that side but the bottom line is this. We're a much better team than last year on a totally different trajectory giving ourselves a chance to win and actually trying to make positive plays to accomplish our goals. The players are being asked to do things they were not last year and there are many bright spots. But today's game for me turned on 2 plays. First was roughing the kicker and second was having to settle for the FG when we needed 7. Those aren't signs of a bad team as much as they are a team that hasn't learned to win. We almost made enough plays to win this game today. Plays we never would have made last year. But even though we're not there yet it's day and night from the negative football that put this board into Stockholm Syndrome acceptance of a putrid offense based on Diaco's expert assessment of his players having no talent. I'm happy to say I never bought it just like I don't buy the title of this thread.

Reaction Score
The fourth quarter was a pathetic embarrassment. We suck.

To make a statement like this you must be a player on the team....PLEASE, don't be so hard on yourself or the team. ;)

As a member of the fan base we understand the team is doing everything possible to win the game. Also understand by the forth quarter our limited resources are drained. The team has more freshmen playing than most JV teams would in high school. This only means down the road we have a lot of experienced talent coming up.
This team and the staff is the most entertaining we have had sense going D1 .

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
We suck less than we used to. That looked a little like an HCRE team out there today.

Reaction Score
They competed, they came back to tie late. That was an awesome moment, the place I was at went wild.

Where were you at that people went wild? Is it bad I can't even imagine such a place existing?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Where were you at that people went wild? Is it bad I can't even imagine such a place existing?

I was at a Sliders and there were 2 other people watching the game for a total of 4.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I am grateful I am NOT watching Diaco Fiasco coached games. Losing now yes...watchable yes. Things will get better.
I never watched a full Diaco game. Too painful.

We are very watchable now. My TV remote is grateful nice I don't throw it anymore.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The score wasn't really indicative of how we played. The team does not suck. They're getting better.

That's a good way to put it.

The defense isn't good but after half a decade+ of P and Diaco coaching and recruiting what can you expect. Everyone knows Edsall can coach up defense, give that one time.

The offense? I can't believe the same team that couldn't even produce field goals is throwing the ball all over the field and scoring TDs and making big plays. Lashlee must be the offensive guru he was said to be.

The defense I'm certain will improve with time. Less certain to me is that Lashlee will be around to see it. I'm just hoping Edsall and the staff soak up everything he's done because what he's done with this offense is simply remarkable and I dont think it's hyperbole to say that.

Reaction Score
Yes it sucks to lose. Especially when you are tied in the 4q and lost that way. But at least I don’t feel like any game on the schedule is an automatic L and why bother watching. That’s tremendous progress. We are competitive. And at the end of last year we were a joke.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I just posted this on another thread.

After this weekend our offense is #31 in yardage; #12 in the pass at 329 ypg and #88 in rush at 137 ypg. Looking at the other team stats, we have scored fewer TDs than others when we get to the red zone.

I don't think anyone on this board would have ever predicted we'd be top 15 in passing yards avg in week 5.

Btw, elsewhere in the AAC in offensive YPG:

UCF#7
USF#13
SMU#16
Navy#18
Memphis#36
Tulsa#38
ECU#56
Houston#61
Tulane#101
Cincinnati#115
Temple#119

Bonus fact - BC#116 and Rutty#117...and fyi BYU#129

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
To put this in perspective - in the last six years the anomaly was Diaco's 6 - 6 season and a bowl bid. The rest was bad, especially Diaco's 1st and last season.

There is now life in the program. There is energy that has been missing. We have an offense that can actually score - and its with some limited talent. The defense needs work. We don't have the pieces we need yet. Foot speed for the defense is a concern. But there are sparks of what can be.

Edsell and company will recruit a whole lot better than Diaco ever did. But it is going to take some time. It tough to watch what has happened to a once very good program. We are all frustrated but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Keep the faith.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
The defense I'm certain will improve with time. Less certain to me is that Lashlee will be around to see it. I'm just hoping Edsall and the staff soak up everything he's done because what he's done with this offense is simply remarkable and I dont think it's hyperbole to say that.
I'm not sure I buy this logic on Lashlee that a lot have been saying recently. Why would he take a pay cut and leave Auburn to stay for a year at UConn, in the same position, if he was planning on leaving? I just can't see it. I think he has at least another year here if not more depending if he sees himself stepping up to HC here.

Obviously this is me thinking wishfully but I don't see why he'd bolt for a HC job after one year here when he could have stayed at Auburn and left after this season while making a heck of a lot more money.

I'm also not sold that there will be tons of opportunities at bigger programs for him to becom a HC if that's what he wants.

Who knows. I'm just enjoying watching him do what he's done to the offense. We can all worry about what happens with him in the offseason. I just feel he has at least another year here before he solidifies his position as the next big name coordinator to get a HC gig at a bigger school.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I'm not sure I buy this logic on Lashlee that a lot have been saying recently. Why would he take a pay cut and leave Auburn to stay for a year at UConn, in the same position, if he was planning on leaving? I just can't see it. I think he has at least another year here if not more depending if he sees himself stepping up to HC here.

Obviously this is me thinking wishfully but I don't see why he'd bolt for a HC job after one year here when he could have stayed at Auburn and left after this season while making a heck of a lot more money.

I'm also not sold that there will be tons of opportunities at bigger programs for him to becom a HC if that's what he wants.

Who knows. I'm just enjoying watching him do what he's done to the offense. We can all worry about what happens with him in the offseason. I just feel he has at least another year here before he solidifies his position as the next big name coordinator to get a HC gig at a bigger school.

From my understanding he wanted autonomy from Malzahn and to be able to call all the shots as an OC.

I think we may have him for two years but if a P5 job opens up, I don't see how he wouldn't be on a short list of potential candidates.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
From my understanding he wanted autonomy from Malzahn and to be able to call all the shots as an OC.

I think we may have him for two years but if a P5 job opens up, I don't see how he wouldn't be on a short list of potential candidates.
Yeah I remember hearing that as well. I think he's got another year here. Once again, more wishful thinking then anything else. However, I think we'll at least get another year. Hopefully AD David Benedict already has someone lined up to step in whenever the time comes

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

If we finish the year in the top 20 of offensives from a yardage perspective alone, RH has to be a candidate for someplace like LSU as OC this coming December.

I would think its unlikely he makes the jump to from G5 coordinator to P5 HC, but moving from G5 coordinator to P5 coordinator seems rather likely in 1 to 2 years.

The reality is we need Corey Edsall to soak it all up. A southern boy like RH won't be staying north for very long. I just don't see it.

Reaction Score

My suspicion is that AD Dave and Lashlee left Auburn and the SEC for a reason. I think Lashlee sticks around for 2-3 seasons to be mentored by Edsall. All just a hunch.

Reaction Score
Proud of how the team competed.
Two points:
Opening drive ends with a field goal attempt. you would think that Tarbutt would have learned his lesson & followed through with his kick so that the ball would curve through the goal posts. Instead, once again, he pushed the attempt & it sailed wide right.
The bad snap by the reserve center in the drive to take the lead in the 4th quarter was the dagger. Hey, it happens. He'll learn.
Overall, nice play by the offense. Defense, on the other hand, is a head scratcher. Need better players at key positions-HCRE & Co. will recruit them.

On another note: Will HCRE allow the defensive coordinator to keep his autonomy knowing that better players are needed to compete, or will he revert to HCRE-1 & demand more control? I'm thinking that he lets this play out for the season to indoctrinate the younger players into this system.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom