I am just not that upset about today | Page 3 | The Boneyard

I am just not that upset about today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have seen Donald Brown and......gentemen......Lyle McCombs is not Donald Brown.

In all seriousness, it's not even even close. McCombs is showing tremendous heart, but he needs some space to go to work. He is just not an every down, run between the tackles back.
True. But right now, that's what we got. Terry Caully got demolished by VTech. He lasted maybe into the second quarter. But that's what we got. What we gonna do?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Caulley got hurt trying to change directions in traffic. It had nothing to do with getting demolished.

True. But right now, that's what we got. Terry Caully got demolished by VTech. He lasted maybe into the second quarter. But that's what we got. What we gonna do?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
i'm upset

we were pushed all over the field by a MAC team

the stuff we used to do well, OL, run and tough D, are getting worse with each game

from where I'm sitting, we're going backwards

Reaction Score
i'm upset

we were pushed all over the field by a MAC team

the stuff we used to do well, OL, run and tough D, are getting worse with each game

from where I'm sitting, we're going backwards

Yes, but you're actually worried about the football team winning games. The original post is about so much more.

Reaction Score
Caulley got hurt trying to change directions in traffic. It had nothing to do with getting demolished.
Yeah, but why do you think he was changing directions so hard? He tried to reverse pivot and leap out of there because his body was about to get demolished.

Reaction Score
I have seen Donald Brown and......gentemen......Lyle McCombs is not Donald Brown.

In all seriousness, it's not even even close. McCombs is showing tremendous heart, but he needs some space to go to work. He is just not an every down, run between the tackles back.
I already said that. I doubt that anyone expected him to be the everydown back in August. Stuff happened and he got the job. I think he has done as well as could reasonably be expected. there is a list of things he doesn't do that well. he doesn't overpower people, though he did break some tackles Saturday. He needs some space. He is not a great blocker. But he also does some things, and when he hits the hole can make solid yardage. And you are correct. He has shown tremendous heart and some talent. I just don't quite get the criticism he seems to get. Will he be Donald Brown when his carreer is over? No probably not. But a solid running back? I think that is likely.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yeah, but why do you think he was changing directions so hard? He tried to reverse pivot and leap out of there because his body was about to get demolished.

So it was the fear of being demolished that cause the turf to ruin his knee. Not his shoe getting stuck in the turf. Got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom