I am having a hard time not | Page 4 | The Boneyard

I am having a hard time not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What does it matter who generic Syracuse fans root for?
I do have friends that breathe via both noses and mouths and are Syracuse fans that congratulated me (as if I were involved) for UConn's wins in 99, 04 and 11 and likewise I congratulated them during Carmelo's run. But so what. Are you honestly watching Team XX fans reactions to UConn's success as a determinant of how you feel about those teams? What does it matter who anyone is rooting for when they turn on their TV at home or go watch in a bar?

How about simple basketball reasons that we know Syracuse better and Indiana was pretty much a weenie team last night outside of Oledipo?

It used to be standard practice to root for your conference. This has gotten majorly screwed up with all the defections. However it could easily happen that some day soon UConn fans are applauding Dook or some other school for helping us get into a desired conference. Its harder to both like (So Cincy is the only conference school UConn fans are supposed to like now? Ugh) and hate other schools (Much as I loathed BC for being first domino, can't deny at this point that their move was superior to UConn's keep the conference together moves) these days.

So my compromise to this point was to root for Syracuse out of old conference habits, but then I'm also kind of hoping that it all gets stripped away via NCAA violations.
Syracuse has played some really pathetic ball this year,quite embarrassing in multiple games and I hate the idea that a team that has played any games much less multiple games that were so dreadful has any right to be moving further into the tournament. What it does is embarrass and belittle the better teams that have been eliminated by a last second shot in a marvelously played game and there have been a few. There have been a few who deserved to move on so much more than does the Orange. Marquette is another team that should have been beaten a couple of times but through a meltdown at the foul line by a team that totally outplayed them in the first 38 minutes of a game they somehow lucked out to proceed on. They didn't play GREAT DEFENSE on the foul shots to pull out that game. The other guys just choked. Marquette didn't win, the other time LOST. Big distinction. When you have the power to dictate what happens in the game and you don't do it and are still somehow rewarded with a win, that causes my skin to crawl. I hate when the better team loses and yet the lesser team moves on.

Reaction Score
Re: bad mouthing - Were Syracuse and Pitt part of the lawsuit, I thought UConn spearheading that is/was the alleged reason for DeFlippo being anti-UConn? Even though the true reason was the same as why they defected, namely they didn't want to compete against and contribute to building UConn Football.

We've had reports here of the bad blood between Pitt, Cuse and BC. Nordenburg did it in the press. Cuse did it both at private affairs and face to face in front of others. Pitt was part of the lawsuit, yes; but to me, the things that were said in front of other company show even greater animus than a lawsuit. And yes, we agree the obstacle has been fear of UConn all along.

Haven't followed recent machinations enough to know how or why Syracuse or Pitt want UConn dead. And regardless I'd attribute that anger more towards individuals in charge (ala DeFlippo so him being gone softens me towards BC) AND I don't really care enough (b/c all of the conference realignment is disgusting by definition there are too many villains at this point and all act only in self-interest). And I don't want to be a similar hypocrite as we kind of have to hope that UConn will do whatever it takes even if it means 'wanting X program dead' if it lands UConn in a preffered confernce.

Never heard of Pitt being against UConn. The reports were of Boeheim and Gross being against them.

Meanwhile I definitely don't think what happens while I (or anyone else) watches Syracuse play Indiana on TV via 30-minute DVR delay has any effect on the outcome or is anyone's damn business. If the TMI maine kid was at the arena planning a massive crowd support movement it'd be a different albeit still tedious, trifle and extraneously silly debate.

I don't think anyone said it would make a difference. I believe we only said it seems illogical to root for a program that wants UConn dead.

Reaction Score
I for one am having a very very easy time rooting against them

If you have a hard time rooting against Cuse go read their board. I have no such qualms, I hate them.

Reaction Score
I thought you were mauconnfan, and I thought it was weird he was being so charitable towards the Fruit.
I'm having the same problem .

Reaction Score
I guess it is pointless to post anything that is not vulgar, hateful, negative or immature. This reminds me of the time I was in this acoustic songwriting competition at the University of Maine. I had made it through the first two rounds of the competition. Then in the final round there was 6 acts. The absolute worst act out of all 6 won the competition, basically because it was on a college campus and all they kept on doing is swearing non-stop in between songs. and everytime they did, everyone cheered like they were intent on proving evolution that night. It is cool every once in a while to make a crass statement. We do not always have to make profound post that summarize the feelings of everyone. However I do not know why I am continually astounded by the level of immaturity that envelops this forum. Kudos to all those decided to put a smack down on my post. You have accomplished your mission, you once again decreased the IQ of the Boneyard. Respond as you may...I will not respond back.

Hahahhahaahhah if you ever start posts on any Internet board, especially the boneyard, with "I'm having a hard time not rooting for Syracuse" and "this reminds me of the time I was in this acoustic songwriting competition at the University of Maine", prepared to be trolled HARD.

sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using tapatalk

Reaction Score
Yes you are correct, my rooting for Syracuse over Indiana is my open admittance for my sympathies for rapist. I am glad you could put those two things together, I was worried before that the IQ had dropped too low in hear and I was going to have come out and say it directly.

Not to start any bad blood but making a sarcastic comment about IQ being low in "hear" was rather funny, no I'll will intended.

Onto the topic at hand I hate the orange with a passion I could never root for them but even not watching the tournament I was rooting for Memphis and Temple because they are going to be our conference buddies sort to speak. So I understand rooting for conference members.

But seriously? The cuse? I could never.

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone said it would make a difference. I believe we only said it seems illogical to root for a program that wants UConn dead.
Well some folks went a little further than "I find that illogical Dr. McCoy".

You all do not have any internal struggle with the contradiction that we are mad at the Syracuses, Pitts and BC's of the world because we once liked being in a conference with them and want to be in a conference with them or similar in the future?

Reaction Score
Well some folks went a little further than "I find that illogical Dr. McCoy".

You all do not have any internal struggle with the contradiction that we are mad at the Syracuses, Pitts and BC's of the world because we once liked being in a conference with them and want to be in a conference with them or similar in the future?

I'm not mad at Pitt at all. I don't like BC and Cuse for trying to kill UConn bball.

It's like UConn is in the freezing water after its cruise ship sank, while Pitt, Cuse and BC are on a life raft with space for one more, but Cuse and BC are worried about provisions lasting for several days, so they keep kicking you in the head as you try to claw onto the raft. UConn, in this scenario, has every right to hate Cuse and BC, but they still want onto the life raft.

Reaction Score
Syracuse has played some really pathetic ball this year,quite embarrassing in multiple games and I hate the idea that a team that has played any games much less multiple games that were so dreadful has any right to be moving further into the tournament. What it does is embarrass and belittle the better teams that have been eliminated by a last second shot in a marvelously played game and there have been a few.

The lack of self-awareness required to make this post, in light of what happened in 2011, is simply incredible.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
The lack of self-awareness required to make this post, in light of what happened in 2011, is simply incredible.
Not only that, but in this day the idea that any team goes a whole year without playing a few terrible games is laughable. Who would fit this bill? Duke? Watch that first Miami game. Kansas? TCU might have something to add here.

Reaction Score
I'm not mad at Pitt at all. I don't like BC and Cuse for trying to kill UConn bball.

It's like UConn is in the freezing water after its cruise ship sank, while Pitt, Cuse and BC are on a life raft with space for one more, but Cuse and BC are worried about provisions lasting for several days, so they keep kicking you in the head as you try to claw onto the raft. UConn, in this scenario, has every right to hate Cuse and BC, but they still want onto the life raft.
I'm amused by the way all the conference realignment crap is invariably discussed in metaphors dating back to BC folks accusing other school fans of acting like crazy ex-girlfriends.

But going back into the choppy waters, isn't it more practical to try and gain raft entry by sweet talking the head kickers vs. yelling at the sharks to attack them?

Maybe we should pretend they are tigers to be tamed for our amusement rather than acknowledge they are murderous hyenas?

Reaction Score
I'm amused by the way all the conference realignment crap is invariably discussed in metaphors dating back to BC folks accusing other school fans of acting like crazy ex-girlfriends.

But going back into the choppy waters, isn't it more practical to try and gain raft entry by sweet talking the head kickers vs. yelling at the sharks to attack them?

Maybe we should pretend they are tigers to be tamed for our amusement rather than acknowledge they are murderous hyenas?

Do you mean us?

I didn't think anyone was listening.

I assume Herbst and Manuel aren't delivering any screeds.

If you mean us, I don't think anyone really cares. In fact, Duke, UVa and UNC have begun ridiculing BC for its position against UConn.

Reaction Score
Do you mean us?

I didn't think anyone was listening.

I assume Herbst and Manuel aren't delivering any screeds.

If you mean us, I don't think anyone really cares. In fact, Duke, UVa and UNC have begun ridiculing BC for its position against UConn.
No, I was speaking about conference alignment conversations generally.

Of course I understand UConn the instituion isn't part of this root against Syracuse they are trying to 'kill us' creed.

I agree, no one cares.

Reaction Score
The deeper we go into the tournament, the more I agree with you. At this point, I think I'm rooting for a Syracuse--Louisville final. If "they" have successfully killed off the Big East, let's at least eliminate any argument whatsoever that what they killed was, by far, the best college basketball conference the world has ever seen.
I also am rooting for that because that is what I have for my final bracket.

Reaction Score
Hahahhahaahhah if you ever start posts on any Internet board, especially the boneyard, with "I'm having a hard time not rooting for Syracuse" and "this reminds me of the time I was in this acoustic songwriting competition at the University of Maine", prepared to be trolled HARD.

sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using tapatalk
Thank you for the advice, that was very courteous of you. If you ever start a post with hahahahahahahahah....well I have no advice, it appears you are happy.

Reaction Score
Silly????? What is silly is that you feel the need to post about rooting for Syracuse and then you have an issue with the obvious response. You are pretty silly to assume that you'd get any other type here after some of the things that have been posted here by Syracuse fans, some of the remarks by their coach, their leaving the Big East at absolutely the worst possible time (on the verge of a new tv contract) and the fact that somehow "no one knew their assistant coach was a pedophile" nonsense. You're entitled to your opinions but when your opinions are so foreign to the mindset of the forum members you still felt the need to post them??????????????? What the hell were you thinking?????????????
I am not sure what I was thinking. That is a really good question. I think you should be a teacher, since you ask such profound questions about some deep issues. How many sources should I do? Is there a page count?

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Let's pull for Marquette over SU. The coach, players, staff, and fans are far more likable.

Reaction Score
Boy, aren't you the clever one. Maybe you could just go away, please! I'm not familiar with you or your posts but obviously you are some sort of boneyard virus that has been unleashed upon us. Please cease and desist!
You think I am clever...really! That is so cool. I think it is really cool to be respected by someone who studies viruses. However I am not sure why you would want someone who is clever to go away. Is there some deeper issues bothering. Do you need to talk, you seem very angry.

Reaction Score
Not to start any bad blood but making a sarcastic comment about IQ being low in "hear" was rather funny, no I'll will intended.

Onto the topic at hand I hate the orange with a passion I could never root for them but even not watching the tournament I was rooting for Memphis and Temple because they are going to be our conference buddies sort to speak. So I understand rooting for conference members.

But seriously? The cuse? I could never.
I definitely was rooting for those two teams too.

Reaction Score
I took a stroll over here today to see what was on the mind of UConn fans. I ran across this thread and went through all five pages.

As a grad of SU and Syracuse native I can say, without question, that a majority of SU fans despise the move to the ACC; but only a buttload of money and SU's administration had a say in that move. Other then waxing the floor with UNC and Puke will I be entertained by next season and beyond. (Told my wife if you're going to buy me any SU gear be sure there isn't an ACC logo on it- -won't wear it!)

I will personally miss the UConn games and the best college basketball conference of all time. You folks act as though the fanbase had something to do with all this. If it helps prove my sentiment over this ACC thing I have forsaken all dollar bills to the SU alumni association now and into the foreseeable future.

Reaction Score
I took a stroll over here today to see what was on the mind of UConn fans. I ran across this thread and went through all five pages.

As a grad of SU and Syracuse native I can say, without question, that a majority of SU fans despise the move to the ACC; but only a buttload of money and SU's administration had a say in that move. Other then waxing the floor with UNC and Puke will I be entertained by next season and beyond. (Told my wife if you're going to buy me any SU gear be sure there isn't an ACC logo on it- -won't wear it!)

I will personally miss the UConn games and the best college basketball conference of all time. You folks act as though the fanbase had something to do with all this. If it helps prove my sentiment over this ACC thing I have forsaken all dollar bills to the SU alumni association now and into the foreseeable future.

It's just internet banter. Check out the Syracuse site, you'll find much the same.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Acoustic songwriting competition analogy and a Cuse symp post.
Yeah, you probaly knew what was coming, Mr Maine.

Go Marqurtte. Since both cannot lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog