I am a Mora Fan Now | Page 3 | The Boneyard

I am a Mora Fan Now

Reaction Score
Well, this was the most blatant no call but by far it was NOT the only one... There were many no Calls and many bad spots! So perhaps it was not to make the ACC look good - perhaps it was to hurry the game along so they get back to NC for fear winter is coming! Perhaps they wanted to get in an afternoon nap before their flight. Perhaps their pants were on too tight and they struggled to get their flags out. Or perhaps some of the facts do add up? A bad called game and not the first one of this season against UConn involving an ACC school???? Perhaps the fact that numerous ACC schools have said they don't want us in their conference... BC, SU, FSU, Clemson, Pitt, Miami, VT, their commissioner? At this point I would rather UConn treat the ACC with Apathy to their black list. I mean if it such a good conference why would FSU want to investigate a way out of their gore??? With many other schools such as Clemson and maybe the NC schools looking on with interest to see if it could be broken. SO why hope to get an invite to that stuck up crowd when they really are not pretty - more like petty? We are better then them if for only one thing - we dont do dirty like they do!
I used to hope we would get that invite - about 5 years ago.

Now I think they would be lucky to have us in their conference.

Look at the Big East folks that have departed for greener pastures. While they got the $, their programs are teetering for attention - Pittsburg, BC, Syracuse, VT tech have gone from regular national coverage in BB and Football and now they are an occasional blip but largely they look like programs on the outside looking in.

Meanwhile at UConn we continue to build our brand and stand out as a brand that is a regular in nationwide interest and coverage. Football we have a ways to go but we’re showing progress.

ACC you have to ask nicely if you want us to consider joining your sinking ship!

Reaction Score
I used to hope we would get that invite - about 5 years ago.

Now I think they would be lucky to have us in their conference.

Look at the Big East folks that have departed for greener pastures. While they got the $, their programs are teetering for attention - Pittsburg, BC, Syracuse, VT tech have gone from regular national coverage in BB and Football and now they are an occasional blip but largely they look like programs on the outside looking in.

Meanwhile at UConn we continue to build our brand and stand out as a brand that is a regular in nationwide interest and coverage. Football we have a ways to go but we’re showing progress.

ACC you have to ask nicely if you want us to consider joining your sinking ship!
Forget asking.. They need to beg - plea, and offer us everything! And still not sure we should jump at the chance but rather casually strut our way over and act like they all SMELL gross!

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
please hear me out - love our team, JM, and that was 100% a PI.

that being said:
- what does an ACC ref crew have to gain by unleveling the playing field? I mean that honestly, not sarcastically. I'm not able to see why they would care so much as to go out of their way to "screw" us, the way many folks have suggested.

- JM is not a complainer, and while i don't put any weight into what boneyard nation thinks about refs (sry lol) i do put weight into what he says. honestly i'm surprised he said it, even if he feels it. it's a huge accusation to suggest the ACC refs are colluding against us.

Post season bids in play, which means more money for the conference

The SOS of the entire conference is in play

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Officiating in this sport is at an all time low.
Oh come now Zoo, as I learned sooo many years ago, things are never so bad they can't get worse. After all, we are playing the fruit on their turf in a few weeks. If the ACC refs rats didn't want us to beat one of their teams at our home, they'll be salivating to keep the same from happening on their home field. What's the over/under of an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty within the first 10 min???

Reaction Score
Oh come now Zoo, as I learned sooo many years ago, things are never so bad they can't get worse. After all, we are playing the fruit on their turf in a few weeks. If the ACC refs rats didn't want us to beat one of their teams at our home, they'll be salivating to keep the same from happening on their home field. What's the over/under of an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty within the first 10 min???

That or a phantom targeting call.

Reaction Score
I don’t understand why this hasn’t become more of a story. A head coach and one of the faces of a major state university said the quiet part out loud and called out a P4 conference for horseshittery and it just falls by the wayside?
We are in a tough spot, the ACC schools requires their officiating crew to play us at home. If we complain too much, then not playing us at all, hurts us more than them.

Reaction Score
We are in a tough spot, the ACC schools requires their officiating crew to play us at home. If we complain too much, then not playing us at all, hurts us more than them.

If we lose to Cuse then it just shows that the whole thing is rigged; we shouldn't accept the results of the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowlingDawg

Top Bottom