I am a Mora Fan Now | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I am a Mora Fan Now

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
please hear me out - love our team, JM, and that was 100% a PI.

that being said:
- what does an ACC ref crew have to gain by unleveling the playing field? I mean that honestly, not sarcastically. I'm not able to see why they would care so much as to go out of their way to "screw" us, the way many folks have suggested.

- JM is not a complainer, and while i don't put any weight into what boneyard nation thinks about refs (sry lol) i do put weight into what he says. honestly i'm surprised he said it, even if he feels it. it's a huge accusation to suggest the ACC refs are colluding against us.
for one, they have to go back to the acc

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Conspiracy theories are the flavor of the millennium, so it tracks.
4F4A5249-12C1-484B-A735-0C9EB8F224D8.jpeg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
Thanks. I do what I can.

(For what it's worth, the replay is indisputable. Maybe give it a look before you write off Jim Mora as a conspiracy theorist?)

Reaction Score
4F4A5249-12C1-484B-A735-0C9EB8F224D8.jpeg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
Thanks. I do what I can.

(For what it's worth, the replay is indisputable. Maybe give it a look before you write off Jim Mora as a conspiracy theorist?)
I didn't say it was the correct no-call. I just don't believe the paranoia of "everyone is out to get us"

CL82

Reaction Score
I didn't say it was the correct no-call. I just don't believe the paranoia of "everyone is out to get us"
So, just recap, you agree that the misses on the blatant holding call and blatant passing interference call were egregious, but everyone else who believes that is a paranoid conspiracy theorist.

Okay then.

Reaction Score
When you are at the bottom of the totem pole , you get no respect. The world of big time college football is a cutthroat business. Nobody cares about you , but yourself. On the other hand, if this had happened to WF would any of us complain ?

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
On the other hand, if this had happened to WF would any of us complain ?
Since WF is part of that group of scumbags in the All Cretins Crew who have shown they are decidedly against us, I wouldn't care enough to even care, BUUUT if it happened to teams in the AAC, MAC, MWC, newPAC, SBC, FCS teams...let's see did I leave anyone out...nope, then yeah, I would complain.:D

Reaction Score
Not everyone, just ACC officials when we play an ACC team. 2x this year, NC State last yr. That is a pattern.
Well when you say “everyone“ you act as if we are not one of two truly independents left with the other team (N Dame) have the lure of nationwide TV coverage and big game day payouts to help keep the games called fairly.

We are on an island dude… And it’s not paranoia to bring attention to it when there are half a dozen questionable calls including unexplained replays after we hiked ball and a baffling backing up of a first down / to put us up against the wall.

The Blocking / PI call was only the “icing of the cake“ for this ACC crew.

I don’t blame Mora for going off but wish he has taken a few more minutes to cool down.

Still love the Press conference though.

Reaction Score
Long discussion by the hosts of Full Ride to open the show this morning regarding the end of the Wake Forest game. They talk about UConn Football about as often as a solar eclipse coming around. As for the hosts, I've always been a big fan of the Show Pony Chris Childers.

Reaction Score
I think Neuheisel is on the CBS broadcast, so he would have been plugged in on the WF/UConn game. Was hoping it would have been mentioned when they were talking about all the Texas/Georgia ref hullabaloo.

Reaction Score
Well when you say “everyone“ you act as if we are not one of two truly independents left with the other team (N Dame) have the lure of nationwide TV coverage and big game day payouts to help keep the games called fairly.

We are on an island dude… And it’s not paranoia to bring attention to it when there are half a dozen questionable calls including unexplained replays after we hiked ball and a baffling backing up of a first down / to put us up against the wall.

The Blocking / PI call was only the “icing of the cake“ for this ACC crew.

I don’t blame Mora for going off but wish he has taken a few more minutes to cool down.

Still love the Press conference though.
I like it. Gets us some publicity. We need to stay visible.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting @MCMax. While the reach might not be the had the story been on ESPN, I'm glad that other pundits are catching wind of it. I was annoyed at Neuheisel saying he's seen worse, but then again he's been a coach at major programs and probably saw his fair share of craptastic calls, but for him to say he'd be fine whether they called or not is odd...the foul was blatant, not subtle, so his quasi neutral stance is a head scratcher.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
We could try not coaching so conservatively that we leave it to crap refs but ¯\(ツ)

Reaction Score
So, just recap, you agree that the misses on the blatant holding call and blatant passing interference call were egregious, but everyone else who believes that is a paranoid conspiracy theorist.

Okay then.
No. I think it was bad officiating. Case closed Murder She Wrote

CL82

Reaction Score
No. I think it was bad officiating. Case closed Murder She Wrote
Ah so no one is a "conspiracy theorist" anymore? Well, that's nice.

Reaction Score

Okay then.
Well, this was the most blatant no call but by far it was NOT the only one... There were many no Calls and many bad spots! So perhaps it was not to make the ACC look good - perhaps it was to hurry the game along so they get back to NC for fear winter is coming! Perhaps they wanted to get in an afternoon nap before their flight. Perhaps their pants were on too tight and they struggled to get their flags out. Or perhaps some of the facts do add up? A bad called game and not the first one of this season against UConn involving an ACC school???? Perhaps the fact that numerous ACC schools have said they don't want us in their conference... BC, SU, FSU, Clemson, Pitt, Miami, VT, their commissioner? At this point I would rather UConn treat the ACC with Apathy to their black list. I mean if it such a good conference why would FSU want to investigate a way out of their gore??? With many other schools such as Clemson and maybe the NC schools looking on with interest to see if it could be broken. SO why hope to get an invite to that stuck up crowd when they really are not pretty - more like petty? We are better then them if for only one thing - we dont do dirty like they do!

Reaction Score
Long discussion by the hosts of Full Ride to open the show this morning regarding the end of the Wake Forest game. They talk about UConn Football about as often as a solar eclipse coming around. As for the hosts, I've always been a big fan of the Show Pony Chris Childers.

I listen to this show most days. Wished I hadn't missed this. Thanks for posting that!

Reaction Score
While you are looking for the replay, look also for the first Wake passing TD. Their receiver blatantly stiff armed the DB for like two seconds to get separation and yet no call.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lurkmore

Top Bottom