I am a Mora Fan Now | The Boneyard

I am a Mora Fan Now

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
He didn't pull any punches with that. Kept it short and to the point to not come across as completely unhinged. Loved that he called the All Cretins Crew horses*** rather than use that to describe us like he did last year. Them scumbags got called out by a coach who had some credibility, hell yeah, he's our coach. I wonder what he'll say after we play the fruit.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I've been a big fan of Coach Mora ever since his arrival. He's done a really nice job here, not just on the recruiting and coaching side, but on being a real advocate for the University of Connecticut and Husky Nation...

Reaction Score
Why no comment on ESPN, head coach of football team accuses ACC refs of cheating. Guess if don't report on it it never happened.

Reaction Score
Will the ACC respond? Of course not. Hope we face some ACC teams in men's and women's hoops.

Reaction Score
please hear me out - love our team, JM, and that was 100% a PI.

that being said:
- what does an ACC ref crew have to gain by unleveling the playing field? I mean that honestly, not sarcastically. I'm not able to see why they would care so much as to go out of their way to "screw" us, the way many folks have suggested.

- JM is not a complainer, and while i don't put any weight into what boneyard nation thinks about refs (sry lol) i do put weight into what he says. honestly i'm surprised he said it, even if he feels it. it's a huge accusation to suggest the ACC refs are colluding against us.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
I don’t understand why this hasn’t become more of a story. A head coach and one of the faces of a major state university said the quiet part out loud and called out a P4 conference for horseshittery and it just falls by the wayside?

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
it's a huge accusation to suggest the ACC refs are colluding against us.

Where were you in 2003 when CT attorney general Dick Blumenthal was trying to sue the ACC for collusion? You should’ve spoken up then!! Since then, it’s been absolutely reasonable to suggest that strands of bitterness towards UConn remain within the ACC. And I am relieved that someone as credible as Jim Mora is calling those punks out for what happened Saturday.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
please hear me out - love our team, JM, and that was 100% a PI.

that being said:
- what does an ACC ref crew have to gain by unleveling the playing field? I mean that honestly, not sarcastically. I'm not able to see why they would care so much as to go out of their way to "screw" us, the way many folks have suggested.

- JM is not a complainer, and while i don't put any weight into what boneyard nation thinks about refs (sry lol) i do put weight into what he says. honestly i'm surprised he said it, even if he feels it. it's a huge accusation to suggest the ACC refs are colluding against us.

You mean beyond the basic fact it keeps an ACC team from losing to an independent, helps with any sort of strength of schedule by having WFU win a road game, potentially get WFU closer to bowl eligibility, and helps overall conference profile? And any financial gains that go with that?

Reaction Score
Why no comment on ESPN, head coach of football team accuses ACC refs of cheating. Guess if don't report on it it never happened.
I was at the game.

Mora brings up a great point. It was not only PI but HOLDING.

That means the receiver didn’t have a chance to get to where the ball was going. Evers throw was fine and might have been for 6.

No one likes to stew about ref‘s….

But if you were at the game it was like the ref‘s decided to put their hand on the scale and end the game. That’s exactly what it felt like.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don’t understand why this hasn’t become more of a story. A head coach and one of the faces of a major state university said the quiet part out loud and called out a P4 conference for horseshittery and it just falls by the wayside?
Because everybody knows that it happens, even though no one usually talks about it.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
He didn't even mention the first down that wasn't. Certainly appeared that the line to gain was made....the ref had it marked until the ball was moved back. We all heard the PA announcer give the "another UCONN first down" and were all confused when the scoreboard showed 3rd down....that was the first act by those d'bag refs.

EDIT: Just re-watched the game and at 10:34 left in the fourth, short pass to Gathings. He clearly reaches the ball across the line to gain, and the ref stands/marks the ball exactly at the sticks. PA Announcer gives the first down chant. The announcers remark about that, but it's third and 10. The refs don't bother to clarify that it's not a first down despite the PA announcement, and I have to believe Sammis thought it was a first down, since he called a pass play on third and inches that was nearly picked. It was so clearly a first down.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Love HC Jim Mora. UConn Football is battling an uphill battle on ALL fronts. This season has already been a huge success regardless of how we finish. No disappointment here at all. Sure, they could try to put themselves in a better position so it doesn't come down to one play, but UConn is still trying to climb uphill every step of the way. UConn did enough to win the game. The refs sucked.

I give the reporter credit for asking a question after that initial rant.
"The way it came down is not..."
"Yeah it was a hold and a PI!"
"Get an an explanation..."
"Here's your explanation - ACC vs Independent. There's your explanation Dom. It's pretty forkin simple."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lurkmore

Top Bottom