I’m so sick of this team’s embarrassing free throw shooting | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I’m so sick of this team’s embarrassing free throw shooting

Reaction Score
Name one game where there were expectations this high and we lost to the bottom of the conference team? We finally got ranked and blew it. This one is up there in my book
This isn't even the most frustrating/embarrassing loss of the season

Reaction Score
I understand that Hurley is a defensive minded coach but at some point the offense NEEDS to be addressed

Reaction Score
This isn't even the most frustrating/embarrassing loss of the season
You think it’s more embarrassing that we lost to 8th ranked creighton in overtime rather than losing to one of the worst teams in the conference when we are ranked 23rd? Okay, to each his own I guess

Reaction Score
You think it’s more embarrassing that we lost to 8th ranked creighton in overtime rather than losing to one of the worst teams in the conference when we are ranked 23rd? Okay, to each his own I guess
Yes, that was a game that we imploded and I still haven't gotten over. This was a game I expected to lose going in with no Bouknight, and is still a game we should and could have won

Reaction Score
Yes, that was a game that we imploded and I still haven't gotten over. This was a game I expected to lose going in with no Bouknight, and is still a game we should and could have won
That’s fair. I’m still not over that one either. I thought both games were winnable. I mean we’re not gonna win every game but the way we lost BOTH of those games this season hurts pretty bad

Reaction Score
I can’t remember a more embarrassing loss in the Hurley era. Being ranked was fun while it lasted
rankings come out monday, therefore if we pull off the upset against creighton this saturday we will still be in the top 25.

Reaction Score
Cole missed two of four and Martin missed three of four down the stretch. We lost by four.
Not winning players when it counts. Polley great shooter needs to be taking these foul shots late. Even though Polley made a great drive and pass to Martin, I would prefer if Polley just takes it himself and let Martin just get a putback if need be. Polley wouldn't miss those free throws.

Gaff is a good free throw shooter, he needs to be out there for that reason alone in late game situations.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I’m surprised we didn’t come ready to play in the throwback uni’s.

Reaction Score
Cole was good. He needs to nut up and hit free throws though. And Posh had his way with him down the stretch, but he also played 38 minutes. Those calling for Gaff really must not watch basketball.

Reaction Score
Martin missing 2 FTs down by 1 with <1 min to play was just murder
want to put this in the right context. W/O Martin we are most likely not in a competitive game, however multiple games now this season, Martin fouled, game very close, 2 FT's only to miss both!! I Understand the kid is tired, plays the whole game, but a gamer is a gamer!

Puzzle pieces just not storming, norming, forming...freebies killing us at this stage, ah yah yah

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
That loss is on Hurley and the lousy foul shooting

Came home hoping for a good win and this is what I got. So disappointed

Reaction Score
Name one game where there were expectations this high and we lost to the bottom of the conference team? We finally got ranked and blew it. This one is up there in my book
1611017515380.jpeg

Reaction Score
all we really know about practice is that it’s crazy intense and non-stop movement. Maybe there needs to be more stopping to breathe, focus and hit free throws and not throw the ball so hard oh layups

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom