Hypothetical: Z and Crystal Dangerfield Both Start - Who Doesn't? | The Boneyard

Hypothetical: Z and Crystal Dangerfield Both Start - Who Doesn't?

If Azura and Crystal both started next year, which of this year's starters wouldn't?

• Kia

Votes: 41 57.7%
  • Gabby

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • Lou

• Napheesa

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Everybody seems to be assuming that either Crystal or Azura will start next year, but not both. Just as a force ranking exercise (real world), what if BOTH of them start? Which of last years starters comes off the bench?

This isn't a, "That's not gonna happen - we can't do that to one of this year's starters" poll. If that's your answer, then feel free not to participate. But, what if.....?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Don't think you will/should get much participation on this. Hopefully anyway.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I can certainly envision Z & Danger on the court together in many different situations, but absent injury to one of the four returning starters, I don't see it happening with both as members of the starting 5.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Everybody seems to be assuming that either Crystal or Azura will start next year, but not both. Just as a force ranking exercise (real world), what if BOTH of them start? Which of last years starters comes off the bench? This isn't a, "That's not gonna happen - we can't do that to one of this year's starters" poll. If that's your answer, then feel free not to participate. But, what if.....?
Make it easy why don't you! :eek: Assuming as they stand without expected improvements.
I say Lou sits. Collier and Nurse have more complete games than Lou. Both shoot the 3 ball as well or better (as they did this year). Nurse's leadership is needed. Can't see pulling 300+ rebounds and respectively 69% and 58% FG% each by Collier and Williams. Can't see sitting Williams with 190 assists and 100 steals. Pull the team's engine? No.

Reaction Score
Without being too sarcastic, we could also have any number of posts:
-What if Nat and Walker start
-What if x and Y start, etc.
Other conversations likely have more interest.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Make it easy why don't you! :eek: Assuming as they stand without expected improvements.
I say Lou sits. Collier and Nurse have more complete games than Lou. Both shoot the 3 ball as well or better (as they did this year). Nurse's leadership is needed. Can't see pulling 300+ rebounds and respectively 69% and 58% FG% each by Collier and Williams. Can't see sitting Williams with 190 assists and 100 steals. Pull the team's engine? No.
So you are going to sit an AP/USWBA/WBCA 1st AA? Brilliant, just brilliant.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I don't think Crystal will start With the Graduation of Saniya Chong, I see Stevens in the starting lineup with Kia, KLS, Gabby, and Napheesa. Geno won't have a true PG. Crystal will lead the players coming off the bench to form a second starting unit. I didn't vote.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
I say Collier just to piss off all of the homer posters :rolleyes: And I don't mean the real Uconn fans.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Who doesn't start?
Natalie Butler
Kyla Erwin
Megan Walker
Molly Bent
Batouly Camara
Lexi Gordon
AEH
Mikayla Coombs

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I say Collier just to piss off all of the homer posters :rolleyes:

Hmmmm Maybe it's past time to lay off Collier. I'm not a regular reader of this board anymore but I've noticed a few of your posts recently and they seem to be taking shots at Collier, some more veiled than others. You accuse others of having an agenda yet you seem to have one yourself. What gives?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Gabby would sit. But this is an extreme hypothetical as far as I'm concerned, because CD is going to have to do a lot more growing before she can be trusted as PG in my opinion with Kia not on the floor.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Didn't you have this conversation last year. Or the year before that and so on. For as long as I have been watching you never seem to play with specific positions. One of the reasons you seem to do so well is that you are able to move the ball without dribbling. Usually a team who dribbles the ball more than they pass, gets into trouble. I would include us in that statement. A problem only arises when you have players who don't move the ball.

Reaction Score
Gabby would sit. But this is an extreme hypothetical as far as I'm concerned, because CD is going to have to do a lot more growing before she can be trusted as PG in my opinion with Kia not on the floor.
I don't think it's extreme. I do think the 'core 4' + Acura is most likely to start the year, but I also am glad the team isn't coached by Boneyard consensus. Coaches have to make tough decisions. Some players who feel they deserve to start aren't going to start next year. The right decisions won't be driven by who we love the most or who we might offend or hurt their feelings. The best coaches don't confuse loyalty with results.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
I don't think it's extreme. I do think the 'core 4' + Acura is most likely to start the year, but I also am glad the team isn't coached by Boneyard consensus. Coaches have to make tough decisions. Some players who feel they deserve to start aren't going to start next year. The right decisions won't be driven by who we love the most or who we might offend or hurt their feelings. The best coaches don't confuse loyalty with results.

Well if you are starting high end vehicles, the rest of us have no chance.

Reaction Score
Everybody seems to be assuming that either Crystal or Azura will start next year, but not both. Just as a force ranking exercise (real world), what if BOTH of them start? Which of last years starters comes off the bench?

This isn't a, "That's not gonna happen - we can't do that to one of this year's starters" poll. If that's your answer, then feel free not to participate. But, what if.....?
Joe Momma? Sorry just trying to be funny. I doubt both will start. I think we sub Stevens for Chong...

Reaction Score

I just want to comment on how much time you have to waste. No offense.

Reaction Score

As much as Geno loves defense, sitting the reigning defense player of the year, yeah, good luck with that idea.

Reaction Score
Actually my wife and I were just talking about this. If Danger has the type of sophomore improvement that Lou and Collier had, she's the best "true" point guard option. That being said, how do you bring any of the returning 4 starters off the bench and leave Z on the bench? I expect that we go with an amazingly tall starting lineup - with Lou at the 2, Kia at the 1 and 6'6" Z starting up front. Then we sub in kids like Danger, Batouly, Walker, etc. nice "problem" to have though!

Reaction Score
Not happening unless someone falls off a cliff and they forget how to play.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
So you are going to sit an AP/USWBA/WBCA 1st AA? Brilliant, just brilliant.
Thank you, I thought so! Brilliant! Yes, of course. Who are you going to sit in this never to happen hypothetical question with no correct answer or opinion? :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom