Hypothetical- If you could add any one Former Uconn Player to this Teams Roster who would you Pick? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hypothetical- If you could add any one Former Uconn Player to this Teams Roster who would you Pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
With Purvis out, has to be Ray Allen. Donyell would be a good choice if Purvis can be the scorer we hope he will become. Kemba would be another great choice, can play shooting guard or ball handler as needed.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
If your answer is something other than Kemba or Shabazz, you are simply delusional.

Since Rip is better than either one (and had point guard skills), you would be wrong.

Rip, Boat and Hamilton would be 3 good ball handlers. Facey and Brimah play D and get rebounds.

Reaction Score
If your answer is something other than Kemba or Shabazz, you are simply delusional.

Our current best player plays the same position as those two and all 3 are ball dominant. Our biggest weakness is at the 4, so I'd strongly consider Donyell. We need 3-point shooting as well, so I'd think about Daniels instead, but Donyell could shoot a little, so probably would stick with him.

Reaction Score
Rashad was a great player, but not sure how you can say we need a consistent 3-point threat and not choose Ray.
Agreed. Rashad didn't have that great of a handle either

Reaction Score
If you don't pick Shabazz or Kemba, you have not watched UCONN basketball since year 2011 and yes, I am a huge fan of Okafor.

I would give a leg and an arm to see what Shabazz can do with Facey, DHam, RP and AB.

Reaction Score
1. Rayray
2. Kemba/Bazz toss-up
3. Kevin Freeman/Jeff Adrien

honestly though I think its the beast with a heart of gold PF that we need on this team. Facey is looking solid early, but he doesnt really bring what Adrien and Freeman brought, true warriors on the glass and in the paint.

Reaction Score
1. Rayray
2. Kemba/Bazz toss-up
3. Kevin Freeman/Jeff Adrien

honestly though I think its the beast with a heart of gold PF that we need on this team. Facey is looking solid early, but he doesnt really bring what Adrien and Freeman brought, true warriors on the glass and in the paint.

I 100% agree with this statement.
Jeff Adrien, a calm collected senior with a true beast mode mentality would make a huge difference here. Open up the fast break and can play at the line against zone D.

He was the first player that came to my mind.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
@Kembacity @HuskyFich We need better production out of our 3 before we need it out of the 4 though. Facey has been a straight beast on the boards in his last two games and against a sizeable texas frontcourt. In Ollie's offense the 4 is supposed to be a banger/glass man. I think we've got a really nice fit there.

With the quicks that we have and the threat of Brimah to finish on the lob if we penetrate and the 2nd level of defense steps up we need a shooter who can also put the ball down and get to the midrange. I'm changing my answer to Bazz.

Reaction Score
Not only do we need someone who can shoot and hit big shots, but we also need someone who can handle the ball, and run the offense (besides boat). Bazz fills all those needs. Ray is a great choice, but Bazz fills more needs.

Okafor fills a lot of needs as well. Post scoring, shot blocking, rebounding, and post defense. I think I might take Bazz just ahead of Mek. Very tough call though.

Reaction Score
Okafor, get a legit low block player. Not better than Ray, BG, Caron, Rip, but more what this team needs desperately. Brimah has been awful and Facey can't create his own shot and can't defend legit 4s.

Reaction Score
I 100% agree with this statement.
Jeff Adrien, a calm collected senior with a true beast mode mentality would make a huge difference here. Open up the fast break and can play at the line against zone D.

He was the first player that came to my mind.

You can't want a 4 and not pick Donyell. He averaged a 25 and 9 with 3 blocks for god's sakes wth 3-point range. Aka exactly what this team needs.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Would have to think shooter, right? That's our huge weak spot so far. Rebounding hasn't been bad.
The fact that so many want a center doesn't speak well for the guy we thought had that spot nailed down.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I'll throw out Donny Marshall into this debate. Plays the 3 and his ability to get out on the break and score easy buckets would also make our offense work better. I'm not sure he'd be my choice, but it's a good name for discussion. I think I'd need a few more games to decide. Maybe Calhoun can give us 3 point shooting and then I look at the 4 or 5 positions. Not sure yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom