Hypothetical- If you could add any one Former Uconn Player to this Teams Roster who would you Pick? | The Boneyard

Hypothetical- If you could add any one Former Uconn Player to this Teams Roster who would you Pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Honestly, Shabazz. With the way Boat is playing, the two of them would be even deadlier than they were last year.

I know we don't have DD or NG, but Hamilton and Facey are filling in for them quite well.

Reaction Score
Okafor, if we had low post scoring we would be set
Okafor was my first thought, too. But since Amida has so much potential, and (no knock on Facey, love how he's played this year) the 4 is our thinnest and least experienced spot, I thought about our great 4s. A lot of goods ones, but Donyell was the best on the offensive end and frankly our offense has been pretty offensive to me this year.

Reaction Score
Any big with an offensive skill set/good rebounding. Okafor, Donyell, Adrien, heck even Hilton or Hasheem in their upperclassmen years would elevate this team. If we couldn't get a big than no doubt I'd go Ray or Rashad seeing how our outside shooting is a-s-s.

Reaction Score
Deandre Daniels should be the natural choice. Its actually slightly painful to think about it.
Is that really the natural choice? I agree that he would make the team significantly better, but in this hypothetical situation, you have the option to choose from any player in program history. I wouldn't put him in the top 5 and probably not top ten of former players I'd want for this team.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Caron. We need a shot maker on the wing opposite Boat and Hamilton but we don't want to sacrifice defense in the process (Rashad would). Caron gives us toughness and could go inside and bang if we needed him too. He's the kind of versatile player that would fit well in KO's system.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
Is that really the natural choice? I agree that he would make the team significantly better, but in this hypothetical situation, you have the option to choose from any player in program history. I wouldn't put him in the top 5 and probably not top ten of former players I'd want for this team.

I know what your saying but I picked him because he just left here, he knows the current players , he would be a captain, probably would play the four , and he could hit the three and shoot. Also , He'd be better than he was last year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I know what your saying but I picked him because he was just left here, he knows the current players , he would be a captain, probably would play the four , and he could hit the three and shoot. Also , He'd be better than he was last year.
I would just have a very hard time saying I'd take him over Allen, Kemba, Shabazz, Adrien, Marshall, Caron, Rip, Emeka, Thabeet, etc.

Reaction Score
Gut would be Allen as UConn really needs to hit some threes. A 4 who can also hits threes would be good too, so Donyell makes sense or maybe Rudy?

Reaction Score
Okafor and Caron Butler were my first two thoughts, but then Ray Allen too!

Reaction Score
Ray, Donyell, Okafor, someone like that. I think any of those guys immediately makes us a title contender, and is the best player in college right now. I'm leaning Okafor if for no other reason than he gives us a 30+mpg center who is a great offensive player and a truly dominant defensive player. Facey is a great complement to a guy like Okafor, and I think that I'd rather sub for Brimah than Facey at this point.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Well it's hard not to say Donyell if you are saying you get that player's best college season, seeing as he probably had the best single season, statistically, of any Husky, and we are pretty thin in the front court this season--especially offensively.

BUT, this team is even thinner at point guard, a fact that is now glaringly apparent. So I would take any of Kemba, Shabazz, Khalid or Doron, with the intention that they would play alongside Boat for most of the game, but also enable each to get some rest, and provide an insurance policy in case one gets hurt.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
If your answer is something other than Kemba or Shabazz, you are simply delusional.

I guess I'm delusional then.

Our best player this year is Boat who is playing lead guard, while we have a glaring weakness in interior scoring, interior rebounding, and interior defense. Yes, 3 point shooting is lacking too but we've barely seen Purvis play and no Omar yet either.

My answer is Okafor.

Reaction Score
Gotta be either a 3 or a 4 given the roster, we've got depth at guard it just needs time to mature. I'm going with Nadav Henefeld, can play both 3 and 4, can shoot 3's and will vastly improve the clogged toilet offense and the D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom