Hypothetical Hurley or B10 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hypothetical Hurley or B10

pj

Reaction Score
What if the Big 10 offered UConn a spot but Donovan would shrink half an inch every month, starting today, until the next season started. Would you do it?

That's pretty tough on Donovan, to give up maybe $100 million in NBA money so that UConn can gain $50 million per year in B10 money. He should ask for $200 million from the university to make it happen.

Reaction Score
Weird hypothetical, but you smash the "Deal" button before they can even finish the sentence.

Security and conference money will put us in a spot to weather having a bad coach for several years. The program's history -- unlike a school like Pitt -- would keep us from being in the wilderness for too long.

Reaction Score
Quick hypothetical iv been thinking about. Tomorrow, if the Big 10 offered us a spot in their conference, but we had to give up Hurley to do so, do you take the deal? Get security of B10 and more $, but we’ve seen how that can backfire (Syracuse or Pitt).
Is this most pointless thread in BY history?

Reaction Score
Tough crowd! I love crazy hypotheticals!

I'd reluctantly take the Big 10 invite. The decision would have been easier a few months ago.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
This is just another thread I’m not going to waste even a nanosecond responding to.

Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

Reaction Score
haha sorry so many people didn’t like the hypothetical - was just trying to pass the day

Reaction Score
Quick hypothetical iv been thinking about. Tomorrow, if the Big 10 offered us a spot in their conference, but we had to give up Hurley to do so, do you take the deal? Get security of B10 and more $, but we’ve seen how that can backfire (Syracuse or Pitt).
Ohhh i see. Youre knew around here. Stuff like this is frowned upon here. If you hope to be taken seriously try not to post this type of stuff.

Reaction Score
Hypothetically, if the Big Ten offered us but you had to give up your left nut, would you take it?
No, not lefty. Righty? Now it's that's a tough call.

Reaction Score
Not sure why I am playing, but since I am. The revenue from the B10, over an extended period of time would supersede any success that one men’s basketball coach could be worth. Theoretically, with the B10 money, you could hire another great coach. However, for the life of me, even hypothetically, I cannot understand the situation where this would even be a question.

Reaction Score
In less time than it takes to say Bye Dan

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I would take the deal, then hire a little known assistant coach I know on the circuit called Fran Burley. He has a mustache and terrible toupee but oddly looks a lot like Danny. He can coach though.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Weird hypothetical, but you smash the "Deal" button before they can even finish the sentence.

Security and conference money will put us in a spot to weather having a bad coach for several years. The program's history -- unlike a school like Pitt -- would keep us from being in the wilderness for too long.
What "bad coach"? You take the deal, then call Jay Wright and offer B1G money & perks.

Reaction Score
I would take the deal, then hire a little known assistant coach I know on the circuit called Fran Burley. He has a mustache and terrible toupee but oddly looks a lot like Danny. He can coach though.

Or play the technicality and hire Danny as a really really really expensive assistant. Just make Tom the head coach and let him nap on the bench through his 70s

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
You failed!
If we lost I would have expected it. But not after that win.

Saw your take. Loved it.

Since I failed I’ll give it a go:
Not a bit of doubt. I’d turn that offer down!!!!

Until our first loss.

And then off with his head.

Reaction Score
It's weird this is in your head, it's even weirder you started a thread about it.

We're going to have one of the best teams in the country this season so maybe it's time people stop worrying about every little thing, creating weird hypotheticals, and freaking out about every OOC Big East loss in a down season for the league.
Almost as weird as the poster who thought there was going to be a bidding war between the Big and ACC over us

Reaction Score
In a weird hypothetical world where the Big 10 said "you must get rid of Dan Hurley and we will invite you to the conference" I would fist-fight our coaching staff to remove them from Werth on behalf of the fanbase.

That being said, the reality is if we get a Big 10 invite, a big part of the reason why will BE Dan Hurley's success on the basketball court.
Ok but what if they made us get rid of Hurley and required us to hire Jimmy B.

And you had to give up your left nut

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom