Hypothetical ACC vs. B1G | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hypothetical ACC vs. B1G

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
UConn belongs in the best bb conference, one where fb has an even chance to excel, one where away games are relatively close, and one where college rivalries (remember those) can be both revisited and initiated.

Outside of the rivalries aspect, I don't get this argument from people. Is the BB in the ACC better, yes. Is it lightyears better than the B1G, I don't think so. Indiana, Ohio St, and Michigan are in the Top 5, Michigan St is 15. I count 4 ACC teams in the Top 16 and that's including Syracuse into that count. So while the B1G may not play the most up-tempo style basketball, it's still quality.

As for Football, why settle for the ACC level of football when we can push ourselves to higher heights in the B1G. Would we suck for awhile, probably. However, it's not unreasonable to think we could compete with all those teams down the road. However, you need to be there to reach those heights.

Do I truly believe we will be in the B1G, no I don't. I see us in the ACC and will be very happy with that because of the whole Rivalry aspect. However, I don't think it's a bad situation for us like some people here think from a BB aspect.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Expansion is a shipwreck.

The Big East is a piece of wood that bobbed up after the ship sank. We're clinging to that. In the end, some chubby broad will watch us slowly sink out of sight.

The ACC is a perfectly nice lifeboat. If we get to that, at worst we'll survive and at best, we'll do quite well.

Big Ten is a Disney cruise ship barreling through the debris. Those people are blissfully unaware of folks like us and our pieces of wood. If we get there, there are no worries about anything. We're not getting there, though.
So Fishy, if I am interpreting your post correctly, only a fat broad is interested in your wood.

Reaction Score
I don't think this is nearly as clear a choice as many in this thread think. If Notre Dame did go all in with the ACC, the ACC financials should alter dramatically. To what extent remains a mystery, but I'd think it could easily become comparable to the Big 10. at that point the fit and geography of the ACC would like make more sense.

Reaction Score
if the $ was anything close then md wouldn't have made the move. md knows all hell is going to break lose in the acc and they got out before hand.
I think it was the exact opposite. Md isn't seeing any changes on the horizon. Meaning they don't see a date where nd is joining for FB.

Just spent time at Foxwoods so here's how I see it...
The acc has an ace showing with nd. But md was dealt '21' with the big10 offer. I think md just took even money. Who knows what nd is going to do. If they joined, md and the acc could be sitting pretty, maybe even better than the big10 now. What if they don't join. No risk in accepting the big10 offer, and the payout is now. Also important for a cash strapped school.
Even if nd wanted to join, I doubt NBC will let them out now. Not when nd is peaking. And financially, nd is about to get their BCS payday so I doubt they really want to. Unless forced, I really don't think anyone really knows if or when nd would join the acc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom