Husky Pups | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Husky Pups

Reaction Score
Still waiting for Jimmy Carter to install the metric system here in the U.S.

Reaction Score
I like Nika, but I think she'll be 7th or 8th on the depth chart. Plus, I'm pretty sure she's 18 already.
Have you been following the preseason?? Geno is highly impressed by Nika and specifically said she looks like she’s being playing college basketball a long time. That doesn’t sound like someone who is coming off the bench 8th to me

Reaction Score
Have you been following the preseason?? Geno is highly impressed by Nika and specifically said she looks like she’s being playing college basketball a long time. That doesn’t sound like someone who is coming off the bench 8th to me

I really don’t think 8th is too far off.

You have 6 potential starters at the beginning of the season (in my opinion):
Paige
Olivia
Christyn
Aubrey
Anna
Evina

Next off the bench is gonna be Nika/Edwards (7th and 8th)

not sure what order yet, but saying Nika is 8th in line at the beginning of the season is not a stretch to me

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

She's behind at least 4 backcourt players which means she's not coming in with the first subs.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Nika is in the mix with Christyn, Liv, Evina, Anna, Aubrey, Paige, and Aaliyah. I suspect she's behind the juniors, sophomores, and Paige. That puts her 7th. Geno appears to have a rotation of 8. Nika is clearly in that group.

Reaction Score
I really don’t think 8th is too far off.

You have 6 potential starters at the beginning of the season (in my opinion):
Paige
Olivia
Christyn
Aubrey
Anna
Evina

Next off the bench is gonna be Nika/Edwards (7th and 8th)

not sure what order yet, but saying Nika is 8th in line at the beginning of the season is not a stretch to me
He said Edwards and Nika look like they’ve been playing college ball for awhile and Paige also mixes in well too. To me that sounds like Nika could possibly be ahead of Paige. But that’s just how I interpreted it.

Reaction Score
This year and for some years to come there will be no one on the team who (as far as can be reasonably assumed from our vantage point now) is deep bench talent, with the exception of Autumn and she may well surprise. At the 1, 2 and 3 spots, which can be interchangeable to some degree, the field is crowded now and next year Poffenburg and Decharme will be added to the mix. If Fudd comes our way that adds another high talent guard. Barring injury it wouldn't surprise me to see a transfer or two by players who have the talent to get major minutes but are in a field too crowded to allow that, at least for a couple of years. With Fudd, she and Paige lock up two guard spots for three years. I don't see Anna being demoted. Westbrook could be back next year. Aubrey has an inside track to start at some point.

The conversation next year as to who among the 1, 2 and 3s will start or play major minutes of the bench could be veeery interesting.

Reaction Score
He said Edwards and Nika look like they’ve been playing college ball for awhile and Paige also mixes in well too. To me that sounds like Nika could possibly be ahead of Paige. But that’s just how I interpreted it.

Bueckers was ready for college ball 2 years ago. If Muhl is ahead of her then we are witnessing an historic conjunction of talent.

Reaction Score
This year and for some years to come there will be no one on the team who (as far as can be reasonably assumed from our vantage point now) is deep bench talent, with the exception of Autumn and she may well surprise. At the 1, 2 and 3 spots, which can be interchangeable to some degree, the field is crowded now and next year Poffenburg and Decharme will be added to the mix. If Fudd comes our way that adds another high talent guard. Barring injury it wouldn't surprise me to see a transfer or two by players who have the talent to get major minutes but are in a field too crowded to allow that, at least for a couple of years. With Fudd, she and Paige lock up two guard spots for three years. I don't see Anna being demoted. Westbrook could be back next year. Aubrey has an inside track to start at some point.

The conversation next year as to who among the 1, 2 and 3s will start or play major minutes of the bench could be veeery interesting.
I am just excited to see how this team develops this year and can frankly wait to have the discussion about future years after the season. It will be great to see which returning player takes the next step and which Freshmen exceed expectations and/or surprise us. Finally, I lam really looking forward to seeing improved ball movement and game flow as compared to last year.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Bueckers was ready for college ball 2 years ago. If Muhl is ahead of her then we are witnessing an historic conjunction of talent.
Geno said a few years ago that Paige could have given us 15 good minutes per game in 2017-18. He also said Azzi could have done the same (as a high school freshman).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom