Husky Practice | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Husky Practice

Reaction Score
No and yes.
Oooo very interesting. Idk y Ive always thought she won 2 at Baylor. I remember Shoni and co knocking them out her senior year. My bad. I remember Skylar and ND losing back to back championship games but one was against A&M not Baylor.
Anyways I do agree with the general point @MilfordHusky is saying that it's really hard to go back to back. But it seems that the teams that do have that stand out, all time great talent.

Reaction Score
South Carolina has got to get motivated for a NC this year. This will be tricky for them. They are the national champs but it is not easy to repeat. Same thing with Stanford who won in 2021. They both have point 'guard' problems that we can (and will ) exploit. We have the motivation for an NC this year! Go Huskies

The 2013 Baylor team was the overwhelming favorite after winning in 2012 and they played the next season like another was in the bag. The title is awarded to the team that plays best for the last 3 weeks of the season. The difference for SCar this year is that anything less than a title will be perceived as a failed season.

My experience in golf taught me that daydreaming about championships while competing is not a reliable road to victory. Defending champs have a year of answering "will you repeat" questions.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Oooo very interesting. Idk y Ive always thought she won 2 at Baylor. I remember Shoni and co knocking them out her senior year. My bad. I remember Skylar and ND losing back to back championship games but one was against A&M not Baylor.
Anyways I do agree with the general point @MilfordHusky is saying that it's really hard to go back to back. But it seems that the teams that do have that stand out, all time great talent.
That is a running on-going question in any sport. Which is harder...to win a championship or to repeat? :rolleyes: The last non-UConn WCBB team to repeat was the 2007-2008 Tennessee Lady Vols led by So/Jr Candace Parker, an all time great.

Reaction Score

Usually more than one. Jefferson was the best pg in the country in her last 2 years and Tuck was the best 4. Plus there were other players who were outstanding. Stokes was a world class defender, rebounder and shot blocker. KML's 3 was world class. In her senior year she was tops in 3pt's made and 3pt%. The % leaders usually shot 2/game. Stokes didn't shoot and KML was primarily a catch and shoot player. But for stretches they could be the best player on the floor.

This year there are several players who have the potential of being "TBPOTF" for short stretches and one for sure who will do it for longer stretches of many games.

If there is balance in the universe and UConn stays relatively healthy then this season could develop into a lot of beautiful basketball. :cool:

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Sky Hook was a sweeping Mikan like shot. The foot opposite the shooting hand never left the floor. Not at all a jump hook

Attachments

• 2C082EE6-E2B9-42A0-ABD6-249CB3BACD11.jpeg
    2C082EE6-E2B9-42A0-ABD6-249CB3BACD11.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 93

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Often was a jump hook. The one over Finkel in the finals at Boston Garden both his feet were almost 2 feet off the floor

Reaction Score
IMO, Green has had long standing anger issues. I'm not at all surprised that he has now digressed into attacking a teammate. It's clear to me that he instigated the incident the moment he started walking from the side towards Poole.

If I owned the Warriors I would suspend him for 6 months without pay and insist that he successfully complete an anger management program. Unfortunately the PA probably wouldn't allow it.
I totally agree with you.
This is such a disappointing behavior by Green. However, I hope Jordan Poole’s okay, and has not suffered any facial fractures, concussion symptoms, or long term emotional effects from this incident.

Reaction Score
Didn't think so since typically there is media availability after the first practice. Geno tends not to conduct the team's first practice on the first date allowed by the NCAA. Chris once explained that they intend to play in to April and don't want to make an already long season longer.

Last year the first practice was October 8th and the first game was November 14th.

In 2020 the first practice was October 15th and the first game was November 10th.

We know for sure that the first official practice will be this week,
Maybe it will be the 15th again. Haven't heard much this week.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom