Husky history - 1993 vs BC | The Boneyard

Husky history - 1993 vs BC

Reaction Score
I was at that game!! Pretty sure it was snowing like hell and we were down big at one point.

Reaction Score
Thanks, love this stuff. Especially when it’s against BC. seeing past greats like Donyell, Donnie, Ollie, Burrell and Fair brought a smile to my face. We have been blessed with enormous talent for quite a long time

Reaction Score
With the knee brace and everything! Also, sounds like there were a lot of UConn fans in the building at that game.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
IIRC we were down more than 20 late in the first half and JC was furious at pretty much the entire squad (he place a massive priority on beating BC in those days).

Reaction Score
I was at that game. There were so many UCONN fans cheering when that shot went down you would have sworn in was a UCONN home game. The BC fans that were there were so deflated it was actually kind of funny, because we had beaten them about 1,000 times in a row and they finally thought the streak would be broken.

BC basketball is broken......probably irreparably. There is simply no reason for kids to go there and be perennial ACC bottom feeders

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I was at that game. There were so many UCONN fans cheering when that shot went down you would have sworn in was a UCONN home game. The BC fans that were there were so deflated it was actually kind of funny, because we had beaten them about 1,000 times in a row and they finally thought the streak would be broken.

BC basketball is broken......probably irreparably. There is simply no reason for kids to go there and be perennial ACC bottom feeders
That game was only about five years into a stretch that lasted nearly fifteen years.

That game and the KEA game against Pitt in 1999 were two where it appeared we had dug far too deep a hole to climb our way out of.

JC's iron will (and how it became part of many of his players) played an enormous role in each of those wins.

Reaction Score
Blast from the past - Paul Grant and Malcolm Huckaby. I believe we were recruiting Huckaby at one point being out of Bristol.

Reaction Score
With Jim Calhoun, I always felt like we had a chance to win no matter how much we were down or how late in the game it was.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom