Huskies or Ted's? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Huskies or Ted's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Whichever had the shorter line. On most nights I would end up at both at some point in time. But always at Ted's Giant Grinders for a whole double cheeseburger grinder after last call.

Ditto...and the double cheeseburger grinders made it a perfect night!!!!

Reaction Score
Really going to date myself.............Anybody remember the fosdick--- combo blt and burger for 35 cents. We would go to Lou's which was about two or three miles off campus where Lou (the wife) and Al the hubby and son and daughter would work the grill until the wee hours of the morning. Almost only guys would go there--either in the evening or late night after dropping off dates who had to be in by 1:30 pm. You could easily down two or three fosdicks and a pepsi for about two dollars. Two o'clock in the morning it was SRO.

I think the family later opened a family kind of restaurant on the corner of Rte 44 or thereabouts---the name escapes me, but it closed a few years ago.

If you are interested, I graduated in '65 and found the place some time in the mid seventies--still open, but I think with new ownership. I could never find it today.

Reaction Score
Huskies had a great deal on Wed nights that if you bought a beer, you got 12 free wings. Also, Tues nights were "martini nights." That's when all the top girls came out, at least in my opinion. Thurs nights was sloppy girl central at huskies, which I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy that at times throughout the year. Ted's has great buffalo chicken pizza and steak bomb grinders, but it got too crowded. Thirsty was good, and I actually got a free madden '06 game and free t-shirts one night bc me and my buddies played it there during one of their promotions. At some point, they all were a good time for me during my stay at the U.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I was more of a party guy. With the exception of Carriage House on Spring Weekend, there were few parties where I did not have a great time. When it came to bars I avoided the Upper Deck at all costs. 80% of the bar was underage and looking for a fight, and it was constantly getting raided. I was pretty indifferent between Ted's and Huskies. I would typically go to Huskies to hang out with friends and seemed to hook up a fair amount at Ted's. In hindsight, I would advise doing exactly the opposite. What you meet at Ted's is best left at Ted's.

Thumper's became a country bar for a while but has probably been closed and vacant 17-18 years now.

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
In '87-88 girlfriend was a waitress at Oscars so she had to deal with all of us drunks. But we got every other pitcher for free (you know when a $3 pitcher was considered too much) and they let us play "Sink the Titanic" and other games at the tables. Wow how many drunks were on the roads on any given night?

I worked at Oscars from 85-89 so I'm sure I knew your gf, and probably you as well. The owner was a tool, but lived in Glastonbury. Once he cleared out for the night, and we got all the riff-raff out, it was open bar. On any given Thurs or Fri, there might be a dozen of us still there when the sun came up.

I was a Ted's first, then Hooligan's, then Margaritaville patron. I lived in Storrs year-round after my frosh year, so I kinda gained "townie" status after a while. This gave me benefits when school was in, one of which was skipping the line at Ted's and not needing a close to decent ID before I was of age.

I can count two hands the number of times I've been inside Huskies, and one hand the number of times in Thumper's. I just didn't like the vibe in either of those places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom