Huskies or Ted's? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Huskies or Ted's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Schmedley's so I could hang out with my trashy townie friends, duh.

When I was in college, definitely Civic Pub. No idea why, though. All of the bars were pretty disgusting and packed with people singing Living on a Prayer.

Reaction Score
+1 for Schmedley's. No mention yet of the Bidwell?

Anyone remember the "Sports Dog"?

Reaction Score
Huskies if I was trying to get laid.... Civic Pub if I just wanted to get blackout drunk on nickel night and sing 80's songs, Ted's if I just wanted to chill with my friends. Pretty much sums it up. Uconn's social life kind of sucks if you don't have a fake i.d. from minute 1...

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Did Tequila Cove (was called C.O. Jones when I was there) really close down? Drove by it on the way to a game the other day ... that place had fantastic margarita's and burritos.

For me it was Ted's .... or Civic Pub. Didn't frequent slutskies much.

Reaction Score
Huskies if I was trying to get laid.... Civic Pub if I just wanted to get blackout drunk on nickel night and sing 80's songs, Ted's if I just wanted to chill with my friends. Pretty much sums it up. Uconn's social life kind of sucks if you don't have a fake i.d. from minute 1...

only if going to bars are ur thing and u cant have fun with 16,000 other students

Reaction Score
Did Tequila Cove (was called C.O. Jones when I was there) really close down? Drove by it on the way to a game the other day ... that place had fantastic margarita's and burritos.

For me it was Ted's .... or Civic Pub. Didn't frequent slutskies much.

yes i believe it closed during my last year there 07-08. The problem is that they never charged a cover and had cheap drinks so I'm not sure how they made there money. It also hurt they were completely away from any of the other bars. It was a cool spot though

Reaction Score
Wow. Never heard of a few of the places (early 90's grad). I preferred Huskies because it had more space, but Ted's had a more laid back crowd during the week. I usually tried to leave Ted's before closing time so I didn't get ammonia in my eyes and throat (what a great way to clear out clingy college students).

We went to Thumpers for nickel night a couple times. We would pool some money and give a $10 tip to start the night for like 10 guys (maybe HuskiesHoops25 was our bartender because we had full attention after that), binge drank for the 1 or 2 hours that the special ran, and then headed to Huskies or Teds.

Every once in a while we'd go to Oscar's for cheap pitchers and free midnight pizza. We'd go to Margarita's (Margaritaville until sued by Buffet) when a friend was bartending. I think there was the place called the Diner or something that I heard changed names that had just opened. Didn't like the crowd there though. A bit too many tough guy wannabees. There were some other random places, especially to see bands, but I can't remember them.

Reaction Score
only if going to bars are ur thing and u cant have fun with 16,000 other students

Well, it's just easier at the bars. Meet new people, easier to drink etc.... Celeron / Carriage sucks.... Frat parties suck.... Can't really party in the dorms. I would say 80% of my social life was spent at the bars and 20% at the Frats / apartments.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
walk? thirstys is right in back of teds and huskies. Co Jones/tequlia cove was great because there was never a cover and had great thursday night drink prices and also had a laid back crowd. Teds was pretty cool. Thirstys was usually always really packed. Went to Huskies once or twice but if u werent in a frat or sorority it wasnt really that enjoyable although a ton of girls. If you had a car, bidwell tavern was great and of course Willimantic Brewery

Ok, then Thirstys is not the old Thumpers, which was well away from Campus.

Reaction Score
Used to love Civic Pub, would stop in Ted's to kinda "pre-game". Slutskie's was okay if Civic was too packed. Good times in all of them really, just depends on the mood of the night. Penny Night on Wed's were always the best at Civic though back in the early-mid 2000's. It's like people said, if you wanted to watch a game and chill w/ a pitcher and some friends...Ted's was your place. If you wanted to find some chick easily, go to Slutskie's (it's known as Slutskie's for a reason), if you wanted to have the best deals and theme nights and a decent DJ...Civic Pub. Electric Blue was fun, I remember seeing Taliek in there after a game when he was a freshman. Anyone ever head off to the Gold Club in Hartford? That was a fun place w/ a lot of UConn/Eastern/Central girls that were just "paying there way through college."

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
nobody was hanging at the Electric Blue?

Lmao.

For me, it was Thirsty Dog. Huskies was pretty good too. I never was a big Ted's guy just for the fact it was so small and crammed.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Civic Pub most nights... Ted's for pregame or drinking to recover from a hangover (cheeseburger sub, please)... As for Slutskies, used to hit it up for happy hour on Thursday or Friday for a Strike Three with curly fries and a few pitchers. Monday night was two dollar pint night at Bidwell ("splurging", and yet it was the only way to afford something more than Bud Light)

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Upper deck was civic pub right?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
I think you mean Humpers, not sure what Thumpers is

Never liked Huskies a bit. I don't know why. It gave me the same feeling as being at Thumpers on nickle night.

Reaction Score
Well, it's just easier at the bars. Meet new people, easier to drink etc.... Celeron / Carriage sucks.... Frat parties suck.... Can't really party in the dorms. I would say 80% of my social life was spent at the bars and 20% at the Frats / apartments.

they were fun freshman and sophomore year, by that time most of my friends, upper classman moved to off campus so you would go attend smaller parties with ur friends

Reaction Score
they were fun freshman and sophomore year, by that time most of my friends, upper classman moved to off campus so you would go attend smaller parties with ur friends

+1. I lived in Carriage and by the time we were juniors we had our group of friends obviously and could just invite a bunch of ppl over.

Reaction Score
In '87-88 girlfriend was a waitress at Oscars so she had to deal with all of us drunks. But we got every other pitcher for free (you know when a $3 pitcher was considered too much) and they let us play "Sink the Titanic" and other games at the tables. Wow how many drunks were on the roads on any given night?

Reaction Score
Ted's ted's and ted's. Went there every day for an entire semester - mostly just to hang out, maybe grab a bite to eat. When drinking it was to play darts. That was 90-94 when the layout was different.

My family was living in Tokyo at the time and my brother didn't need his CA driver's license. We look pretty much the same so it worked perfectly until...one night I used it at huskies and they turned it down saying it was fake. So I went to ted's and the door dude said it was fake too - and kept it! I argued for awhile then went and called the police. They came to ted's asked me a few questions about me/my brother then gave the license back to me in font of the door dude. BUT he still wouldn't let me in! That's my cajones story.

Reaction Score
In '87-88 girlfriend was a waitress at Oscars so she had to deal with all of us drunks. But we got every other pitcher for free (you know when a $3 pitcher was considered too much) and they let us play "Sink the Titanic" and other games at the tables. Wow how many drunks were on the roads on any given night?
Pre-Oscars Rapps was the quintessential college happy hour bar. .99 pitchers from 3-4 (which everyone bindge drank) than $2.00 from 4-5. Every table in that place had 3-4 full pitchers of beer on it at 2:59 and every table was playing either quarters, sink the ship, Cardinal Puff or something else. The old guy "Rapp" was a fantastic charicature of the curmudgeonly old owner. He must have bribed the cops cuz their was no ID-ing and when Oscar bought and renovated the business it was policed and though fun, not half of Rapps.

Had completely forgotten about Thumpers on 195. Circa 1985/6 they had a movie night which was great. Like most I probably went to Ted's 3 times for every once I was somewhere else with possible exception of Hooligan's for Bands and coolness one year.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
95% civic, 5% Huskies. Damn, Huskies is associated with some low points in my life LOL :)

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Wow. Never heard of a few of the places (early 90's grad). I preferred Huskies because it had more space, but Ted's had a more laid back crowd during the week. I usually tried to leave Ted's before closing time so I didn't get ammonia in my eyes and throat (what a great way to clear out clingy college students).

We went to Thumpers for nickel night a couple times. We would pool some money and give a $10 tip to start the night for like 10 guys (maybe HuskiesHoops25 was our bartender because we had full attention after that), binge drank for the 1 or 2 hours that the special ran, and then headed to Huskies or Teds.

Every once in a while we'd go to Oscar's for cheap pitchers and free midnight pizza. We'd go to Margarita's (Margaritaville until sued by Buffet) when a friend was bartending. I think there was the place called the Diner or something that I heard changed names that had just opened. Didn't like the crowd there though. A bit too many tough guy wannabees. There were some other random places, especially to see bands, but I can't remember them.

We clearly were at UCONN at the same time. I was just going to post basically all the same stuff you did. I was wondering if anyone was going to mention free midnight Pizzas at Oscars. The pizza sucked but i always seemed to end up there somehow. I would usually start at Teds, head to Huskies and then across the street to the Diner or Upper Deck or whatever the heck that bar across the street was called in the early 90's. We would sometimes end up at Oscar's but more usually at Ted's for a cheeseburger grinder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom