Huskies on TV | The Boneyard

Huskies on TV

Reaction Score
In the absence of live sports, several UConn games have been repeated on ESPN. The Huskies have lost every game replayed. With the teams exceptional record, you would think they could find at least one game UConn wins to replay.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
1587653813374.png

Reaction Score
It's pretty obvious why they keep losing. They keep running the same play. They lose a game, and then the next time they replay that game - they re-run the exact same play in exactly the same position. I always thought the coaching staff and players should learn from the past but alas, they don't.
(do I need a sarcasm emoji? I'm always confused where it's needed and where it isn't)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
In the absence of live sports, several UConn games have been repeated on ESPN. The Huskies have lost every game replayed. With the teams exceptional record, you would think they could find at least one game UConn wins to replay.
I watch lots of old UConn games on tv and not once have the Huskies lost. Strongly suggest you watch the YouTube channel and pick only the games you want to see.....:cool:

Reaction Score
It's pretty obvious why they keep losing. They keep running the same play. They lose a game, and then the next time they replay that game - they re-run the exact same play in exactly the same position. I always thought the coaching staff and players should learn from the past but alas, they don't.
(do I need a sarcasm emoji? I'm always confused where it's needed and where it isn't)
My wife famously went to the movies every week as a teen, to rewatch West Side Story and say novenas for a different ending!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Me too. I've now rewatched all 11 magnificent championship games on YouTube.
You can watch 99% of all UConn games from the 1980's through this season on the UConn women's games replay. I watch them quite often. The one game that had been missing, against BYU in the NCAA Tournament, has been added.

Last edited:

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
This is a weird. I was on the BY to check out the Box Score for the final Geno/Muffet matchup.
BTW, for the Debbie Downers, ND won the 4th quarter, so...

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
You can watch 99% of all UConn games from the 1980's through this season on the UConn women's games replay. I watch them quite often. The one game that had been missing, against BYU in the NCAA Tournament, has been added.
Since I've been stuck in my home for about 95% of the time I've been watching the replays on the UConn Husky Games. I'm currently watching the 2002-2003 Season, and plan on watching until the State of Nevada decides to open up the economy.

Reaction Score
Question, I just watched the 2000 championship game. Does anyone know what happened during the post hand game shake? Geno was saying something to the Tennessee bench and CD had to calm him down after

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Question, I just watched the 2000 championship game. Does anyone know what happened during the post hand game shake? Geno was saying something to the Tennessee bench and CD had to calm him down after
Geno talks about this incident in his book. Tennessee assistant coach Al Brown gave him the "cold fish" handshake and Geno didn't feel like letting it slide.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Every UConn game shown on ESPN today and tomorrow is a loss, most of them to ND. Every ND game shown is a win. They go back to 2012. As many games as ND lost this past season, they are showing the ND win against Florida State. Maybe this is ND promotional week. The ND publicity people could not have done much better. Oh well.

Reaction Score
I haven't looked today but most of the loss replays I saw were on either SECN or ACCN. What do you expect them to show, conference teams losing?
I think it's pretty cool that beating UConn in the FF semi is regarded almost like winning the title. I mean the SECN has shown the UConn win a lot more than the S Car. title win. I completely understand the joy knocking off a favorite/icon has for the underdog and their fans. The time to worry is when they don't dwell on it. ;)

Reaction Score
How do I get to UConn woman’s/men’s game reply

Reaction Score
Every UConn game shown on ESPN today and tomorrow is a loss, most of them to ND. Every ND game shown is a win. They go back to 2012. As many games as ND lost this past season, they are showing the ND win against Florida State. Maybe this is ND promotional week. The ND publicity people could not have done much better. Oh well.
They really do hate us.

Reaction Score

It has been rather annoying to see ESPN only air UCONN defeats. Especially the Notre Dame losses. I think it's shameful to not play a variety of games that involved some incredible teams and incredible players from the past. Texas A&M vs Notre Dame 2011 final four comes to mind.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
They really do hate us.
I saw yesterday that today is an official tribute to the newly retired MM. So of course they will (and should) only broadcast her wins.

Reaction Score
Greatly appreciate ESPN showing love to women's college basketball. But thank God for YouTube. ESPN showing the same teams, for the most part.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom