Huskies of honor | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Huskies of honor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The wall should be for "basketball players"

I firmly believe that CD belongs up there.

I was impressed when she received an award ball for the 800 victory milestone before the last game @ Gampel.

Reaction Score
I thought Ricky Moore should have been honored with a wall spot after the men beat Duke, thanks in large part to his defensive prowess. His worthiness and Kelly's seem much the same to me, especially if we go all the way this year and she continues to set the tone defensively.

Reaction Score
Put me down for Faris on the wall.
You could keep the 1st team AA as automatic selections but then also allow for special selections. Not at graduation, but after several years (like the various halls of fame do) the players become eligible. The delay would remove sentimentality and keep things objective.

Reaction Score
I don't see any reason for Faris to be on the wall without also including Ashja Jones, Tamika Williams, Ann Strother, Barbara Turner, Tiffany Hayes, or even Maria Conlon. All of these won multiple NCs and in a some real way embodied the Husky spirit. I think I prefer the purely objective requirement of 1st team AA.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
One potential clear cut qualification I could see as workable is players receiving a national award, such as, National Defensive Player of the Year or a similar category.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
The problem arises because we get so many very talented and
hard working kids to play at UConn - if you don't draw a line
somewhere, then you run into a slippery slope problem of the
sort that Alex mentions and you head toward the undesirable
prospect of having the entirety of Gampel Pavilion tiled over
with Husky of Honor plaques.

You make that sound like a bad thing :)

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
If she doesn't make The Wall, Geno and CD will ensure she lives on in Husky lore.

Reaction Score
I thought Ricky Moore should have been honored with a wall spot after the men beat Duke, thanks in large part to his defensive prowess. His worthiness and Kelly's seem much the same to me, especially if we go all the way this year and she continues to set the tone defensively.

Excellent comparison. I hope Kelly is able to stay on as a coach if she doesn't get a position playing BB somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom