Huskies of Honor | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Huskies of Honor

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Semantics. The program would not have been in the position to win #5 without guys like Vital, Whaley, and Polley. They stayed and dug this program out of the mud. Guys like Hawkins, Sanogo and AJax committed to this program because the aforementioned guys made us respectable.
This is your second back pedal, and you're getting increasingly closer, maybe even there.

The problem with a thread like this is that it forces some tough choices which result in saying "No" as to a number of very good players who we grew to love while they played, and remember quite fondly. CV checks every one of those boxes.

EDIT:
After reading subsequent posts, I see that @brasssbonanzaa sees thing much as I do; @superjohn 's second paragraph falls into the trap of taking an unneeded swipe at CV, probably without wanting to; and @Stew Crew writes as though CV didn't click in mid-January 2020, shortly after Whaley took it upon himself to fill a leadership void because nobody else would do so. That's when CV stepped up.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The players who played most recently that are on the wall are:
Shabazz Napier (10-14)
Kemba Walker (08-11)
Rudy Gay (04-06)
Emeka Okafor (01-04)
Caron Butler (00-02)

It’s an extremely high bar. I think the only person who played after Shabazz who deserves it is Adama. 2x BE first team and F4 MOP. Only 4 other guys in program history with a F4 MOP

Vital was 100% a major piece in rebuilding UConn to where it is today. No doubt in my mind about that. Unfortunately that’s not enough to get on the wall. It sucks, but it’s not an easy list to get on to

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom