Huskies in the Pros (Baseball) | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Huskies in the Pros (Baseball)

Reaction Score
Does anyone know what happened to Willy Yahn. He had a decent season last year in the Gulf Coast Rookie league but he's not on any of the Class A rosters for the Orioles.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know what happened to Willy Yahn. He had a decent season last year in the Gulf Coast Rookie league but he's not on any of the Class A rosters for the Orioles.

Still in Sarasota Florida w/ Oriole’s for extended spring training...

Reaction Score

Still in Sarasota Florida w/ Oriole’s for extended spring training...

My guess would be that he ends up at Aberdeen of the New York Penn League, which is a short season A league. It is the next step up the ladder in the Baltimore farm system from the Gulf Coast League.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
My guess would be that he ends up at Aberdeen of the New York Penn League, which is a short season A league. It is the next step up the ladder in the Baltimore farm system from the Gulf Coast League.

Fortunately for you and the rest of us in the area, that means there’s a good chance we could see him as a visitor at Dodd Stadium.

Reaction Score
Was he injured, hence the extended spring training? love his hustle.

Reaction Score
Was he injured, hence the extended spring training? love his hustle.

A move from the rookie Gulf Coast League (GCL) to short season A ball in the New York Penn League would be a normal progression for most players who start their careers in the GCL, at least in the Baltimore farm system. Most GCL players are not going to make an immediate jump to long season A ball.

Reaction Score
Not that I’m aware of... just the MiLB progression for a 25th round draft pick.

He has a blog if you want to follow it: A Ballplayer’s Blog
That's awesome, thanks. I remember Jeremiah Bayer the pitcher out of Trinity going from Rookie to Class A pretty quickly. Then he flamed out in AA.

How about Patrick Ruotolo going from Rookie to A to AA in two+ seasons. He is looking very good as a closer.

Reaction Score
How about Patrick Ruotolo going from Rookie to A to AA in two+ seasons. He is looking very good as a closer.

So far Ruotolo has dominated with every pro team he has played with. You pitch like that, it is likely you will be moved accordingly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom