Huskies complete TV schedule now up on web site | The Boneyard

Huskies complete TV schedule now up on web site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
LINK

I was a little worried I was only going to get to see the national broadcast games....................now I get to see them all, in HD, just like last year (thanks SNY!)............. all ......except for the "at Penn State" game (being broadcast by the Big 10 Network).

Oh well..................missing 1 out of 40 (hopefully) isn't too bad! GO HUSKIES!

Got an idea....I'll listen to the radio feed of the Penn State game on the computer. That's what I used to do in the old days....before CPTV streamed the games on the internet.

P.S........Yeah....I know...........TV whip-around coverage, for out of state viewers, for the first two UConn games of the NCAA tourney (I'm in NY).....I hate it too!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I get the B10 Network here in Hartford ( I think its still on Comcast)... maybe its part of a sports package

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well it is obvious that UConn will be the face of WCBB. A lot of televised games other then SNY and SNY covers a very large area. A lot of big games against top teams.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Tony, I too was struck by the number of national broadcasts upcoming. Of course, the Huskies pretty much steamrolled the NCAA tournament and did it with a freshman who was fun to watch and became the first frosh to be Finals MVP in 23 years. Yesterday I came upon a compilation of articles from here and there from the day after the Championship. Among those who do not know this team well there was a tendency to give Stewie undo credit and say there were no other stars on this team! Even ESPN declared Stewie had replaced Griner as the face of WCBB. I think we will see that continue if Stewie continues to do what we expect her to do. The notion that this team is Stewie and supporting cast is ridiculous. Four on the preseason Wade list should tell the uninformed something. I do not want to see this team's great cohesiveness dented and dinged by an undue focus on Stewie.

Reaction Score
I am lucky ! I get the Big 10 Ch. on Direct TV. Lots of good wbb in the Big 10. Most Sundays during bball season they usually have a double or triple header starting at noon.

UCONN plays the best TEAM bball in the world. No one lady thinks she is better than the rest. At the same time you have a young lady in Breanna Stewart that comes along maybe once in 20 - 30 years,
maybe never. She has to be allowed to do things that no one else can do. But she busts her tail on defense, and never takes a play off. I don't think she could play for Geno if she did ! She is no prima donna and no other lady on the team is either. That is one reason UCONN beats everyone else. They are a team of STARS playing together as ONE !

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting. Very nice. I get to watch all the games on Time Warner here in NYC.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
People often say a '20 or 30 year talent' and yet ... in the last decade you had Diana, Parker, Maya, EDD. Griner, and now Stewart. And that list leaves out some pretty fabulous players. I think what we are seeing is the fruits of title IX as we are now getting the second generation the ones born into a new world of women's athletics being taken seriously - the result is an explosion of talent with kids training almost from birth and getting serious coaching in an environment that truly values them.
I am not down grading Stewart's talent, just pointing out that there is actually quite a lot of really great talent in WCBB and that it is not that rare. Stewart may be better than anyone on that list when we look back in 30 years (or not), but some 12 year old today may be even better and that would not be that surprising given what we have seen in the last decade.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I have a question regarding "national" coverage, outside of the whip-around coverage ESPN provides during the first rounds of the NCAA tournament.

Does anyone know if ESPN and ESPN2, and CBSSN for that matter, regionalize their "national" broadcasts. I don't want to get my hopes up for what I might see here in the Wisconsin hinterlands. For example, there are times when, in theory, the Patriots are advertised as being on a national broadcast and some other game is actually broadcast instead.

Reaction Score
I have a question regarding "national" coverage, outside of the whip-around coverage ESPN provides during the first rounds of the NCAA tournament.

Does anyone know if ESPN and ESPN2, and CBSSN for that matter, regionalize their "national" broadcasts. I don't want to get my hopes up for what I might see here in the Wisconsin hinterlands. For example, there are times when, in theory, the Patriots are advertised as being on a national broadcast and some other game is actually broadcast instead.

Depending on your satellite or cable system they do offer ESPN's full game during "whip around" coverage on some other channel (Which may or may not be HD). For example, Dish network has set up separate channels so you can watch full games during March Madness. Sometimes there are regional blackouts of the national feed due to other reasons, in which case another feed is substituted.

Alternatively you can almost always get the full game streaming via espn3.com or your cable companies streaming service. If there is a local blackout for some reason, you could subscribe to a VPN, which allows you to "look" like you are viewing the stream from another location to go around the local blackout.

Hope this makes sense.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Tony, I too was struck by the number of national broadcasts upcoming. Of course, the Huskies pretty much steamrolled the NCAA tournament and did it with a freshman who was fun to watch and became the first frosh to be Finals MVP in 23 years. Yesterday I came upon a compilation of articles from here and there from the day after the Championship. Among those who do not know this team well there was a tendency to give Stewie undo credit and say there were no other stars on this team! Even ESPN declared Stewie had replaced Griner as the face of WCBB. I think we will see that continue if Stewie continues to do what we expect her to do. The notion that this team is Stewie and supporting cast is ridiculous. Four on the preseason Wade list should tell the uninformed something. I do not want to see this team's great cohesiveness dented and dinged by an undue focus on Stewie.
I think part of it is because with regards to WCBB, many boneyarders know more than the so called experts who report on the teams. "Analysts" who don't follow the sport, and only look at rankings, or a few box scores on games, won't really have a deep understanding of the teams, which is disappointing when a Juggernaut like UCONN often has only half-correct articles written about the team.

Fortunately the horde is much more up on the goings-on, but national writers seem to just check a box score and say "there - done".

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score

Rocky...agree w/ almost all, but doubt ANYTHING could dent or ding these team's cohesiveness, especially any focus on Stewie. Dolson played with Maya, then KML, then Stewie. Never once heard or read any issue or problem. Same thing with Bria, who volunteered to come off the bench after being All American. KML is the next Maya, but seems just fine w/ Stewie's "fame." By all accounts, this team loves Stewie and appreciates her efforts last year to overcome her slump. Stewie seems to be the opposite of the "me first superstar." Genuinely humble and grateful. Perfect teammate.

And finally, I don't think Geno, CD and staff would let anything breakdown this team's unity. Go Huskies...!!

Reaction Score
Tony, I too was struck by the number of national broadcasts upcoming.
  • Defending champs
  • Preseason #1
  • Game's next super star
  • Lots of quality non-conference (ie, made for TV) games
Heavy TV coverage doesnt surprise me at al..

Reaction Score
Yet, some players are afraid to come to UCONN.........Too much pressure and others players cannot get enough like Stewie, Stef, Bria, KML and Mo Jeff......

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Yet, some players are afraid to come to UCONN.........Too much pressure and others players cannot get enough like Stewie, Stef, Bria, KML and Mo Jeff......

Whole heartedly agree, but don't forget 6-11 on the greatest bench in WCBB. BB, Tuck, Kiah....and don't think it does not take guts, bone and sinew to sign up for walking on to this team. No guts, no glory. They all sign up for four years of boot camp ala Geno. It has its perks to be sure. I think it was Maya who said when asked what was the biggest transition to the WNBA: "Flying commercial." BUT, you earn every bit of confetti that rains down on you when you wear Husky blue.

Reaction Score
Greatest bench. Don't think I agree. The strength of this team is its starting 5 is way better than anyone else's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom