Huskies Back on the List for Big 12 Expansion | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Huskies Back on the List for Big 12 Expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I'd say this meets the bar for the Key Tweets thread.

Agreed. This is VERY significant. KSU's President was the chairman of the last B12 expansion in 2010. According to his Twitter feed, he's been to the northeast several times in the past month although there is only one reported meeting with UConn officials. He was in NYC for a few days (ironically, around the same time when we played Maryland at MSG) so I'm hoping there was another unreported visit as well.

Reaction Score
Absolutely. Now, would you let the ACC and B1G know (quietly)...in case they want to make an offer? Of course. But the B12 would be fine. Travel is actually no worse than the American. Basketball and Football are much, much better. We'd instantly be KU's biggest basketball rival and vice versa. That would be a huge game every year.

But the reality is that the P5 is a club. Once you are in the club, you're in the club. The perception of your school changes. Nobody questions Vandy, Wake Forest or Northwestern or long time loser programs. They are in so they belong. Once in, we'd find a spot elsewhere more easily if the B12 ever went down.

I would not play any subterfuge games here. There is currently one conference that looks like it could possibly be expanding. All efforts should be focused on getting one of those two spots. I'm not convinced that this would cause either of the other two conferences to act. If they wanted us enough to act I think something would be in place already.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Just FYI, this tweet was from Nov. Not that it means anything.

I don't think anybody found or heard about it until yesterday. If we had, we would have all lost our minds analyzing the importance of this over a month ago.

Just to be safe, I went and added all B12 Presidents and ADs and official school accounts (that I could find) on Twitter last night. Although I'm guessing @jostar1 is already hooked up. :)

Reaction Score
I don't think anybody found or heard about it until yesterday. If we had, we would have all lost our minds analyzing the importance of this over a month ago.

Just to be safe, I went and added all B12 Presidents and ADs and official school accounts (that I could find) on Twitter last night. Although I'm guessing @jostar1 is already hooked up. :)

Great minds think alike. I was going to check their twitter accounts. Haven't got around to it yet, though. I'm not on twitter myself.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
If I am Warde I want nothing to do with Big12. First of all if we are trying to build a football program back to respectability that is the last place we want to end up in. Far travel for all road games and we just don't fit that brand of football. We need to try everything we can to get into the Big 10. That is more our style and just a way better fit. Hopefully the Big 10 looks to expand to 16 or maybe a Big 10 team gets picked off for Big12 or SEC/ACC.
Ideally, 1. ACC, 2. B1G.
But beggars can't be choosers. We take the first P5 invite we can get. Warde should be deported if he had an invite from the Big 12 and declined it.

pj

Reaction Score
If I am Warde I want nothing to do with Big12. First of all if we are trying to build a football program back to respectability that is the last place we want to end up in. Far travel for all road games and we just don't fit that brand of football. We need to try everything we can to get into the Big 10. That is more our style and just a way better fit. Hopefully the Big 10 looks to expand to 16 or maybe a Big 10 team gets picked off for Big12 or SEC/ACC.

Who says teams need to play the same style as their opponents? I would love to watch UConn football in the B12.

Reaction Score

Thank you for suggesting we do everything we can to try to get into the Big Ten. I wish someone had thought of that before now.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'd give my left nut to be in the Big 12.
Do it. You can still take care of business with one. You would then be a ridgeling. You could change your handle to "Ridgie".

Reaction Score
If you had to choose between him and shizzle who would you choose?
shizzle. His delusions seem to come from resigning himself to our desperate plight, not grandeur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom