Huskies’ Road to Omaha 2018 | The Boneyard

Huskies’ Road to Omaha 2018

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Hmm trying to remember if we’ve faced Washington in any national tourneys before...

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
So if we were to win our regional and Stanford were to get upset in their regional, would we be hosting the Super Regionals at DDP?

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
While I still think we got screwed by not hosting but I really like our draw for the regional. I think Stanford is the most vulnerable national seed and if we win our regional good shot we'll be hosting a super!

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see how Tim Cate is used in this regional. Obviously, UConn could really use him as a starter, but not sure if he is ready for that yet. At any rate, I'm sure Mason Feole will be ready to start on Friday.

Reaction Score
Did that change recently? I seem to remember the dates were flipped and June 8-10 were unavailable and that's why Dodd was being put forth as our host stadium.

Nope... Regionals are the weekend Goats are in Town...

Reaction Score
Nope... Regionals are the weekend Goats are in Town...

I see that, but I seem to recall that the Goats were on the road this weekend and home the next weekend and that's why Norwich was chosen for hosting possibilities.

Reaction Score
I see that, but I seem to recall that the Goats were on the road this weekend and home the next weekend and that's why Norwich was chosen for hosting possibilities.

I checked the Yard Goat schedule when the whole subject of UConn possibly hosting came up in April. The Yard Goats have always been on the schedule for being home the first weekend of June, I definitely remember that, and I posted about that at the time.

Reaction Score
In the Coastal Carolina Regional, Saturday and Sunday games start at 1pm and 7pm. The Monday game if necessary is at 7pm. While it doesn't say on the Coastal Carolina website, I would think the first game on Saturday would be the losers bracket elimination game.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools.../2017-18/misc_non_event/NCAARegionalFlier.pdf

I got an email from UConn baseball which has different start times for the games at Coastal Carolina:

The schedule for the NCAA Conway Regional is as follows:
Friday -- June 1
GM1: #2 UConn vs #3 Washington at Noon (ET)
GM2: #1 Coastal Carolina vs #4 LIU Brooklyn at 6 pm (ET)

Saturday -- June 2
GM 3: Loser Game 1 vs Loser Game 2 at Noon (ET)
GM 4: Winner Game 1 vs Winner Game 1 at 6 pm (ET)

Sunday -- June 3
GM 5: Winner Game 3 vs Loser Game 5 at Noon (ET)
GM 6: Winner Game 4 vs Winner Game 5 at 6 pm (ET)

Monday -- June 4 (if necessary)
GM 7: Winner Game 6 vs Loser Game 6 TBA

Reaction Score
I got an email from UConn baseball which has different start times for the games at Coastal Carolina:

The schedule for the NCAA Conway Regional is as follows:
Friday -- June 1
GM1: #2 UConn vs #3 Washington at Noon (ET)
GM2: #1 Coastal Carolina vs #4 LIU Brooklyn at 6 pm (ET)

Saturday -- June 2
GM 3: Loser Game 1 vs Loser Game 2 at Noon (ET)
GM 4: Winner Game 1 vs Winner Game 1 at 6 pm (ET)

Sunday -- June 3
GM 5: Winner Game 3 vs Loser Game 5 at Noon (ET)
GM 6: Winner Game 4 vs Winner Game 5 at 6 pm (ET)

Monday -- June 4 (if necessary)
GM 7: Winner Game 6 vs Loser Game 6 TBA
Those times from Chris's email are correct

Reaction Score
From D1Baseball Staff Roundtable premium article: The entire @d1baseball staff gives their take on Omaha Sleepers, Eight for Omaha, a National Champ, Toughest Regional, Easiest Regional and much more.

>>They Got Snubbed: Kentucky is the most obvious one, but I’m not going to rehash it over and over. The Wildcats had series wins over South Carolina, Georgia (on the road), Auburn and Texas Tech. That speaks for itself. I’ll go with Connecticut not being granted a host. The Huskies were slated to host at a Minor League park and had a Top 16 RPI. But they should have been given even more leeway with a whopping 35 road games. That’s astonishing, and it wasn’t rewarded by the committee.<<

>>Toughest Regional: Conway. UConn should have hosted and Washington was a blown ninth-inning lead away from a Pac-12 title.<<

>>Eight for Omaha: Florida, UConn, Oregon State, Ole Miss, Southern Miss, North Carolina, Clemson, Louisville<<

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom