Hurricane Milton | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hurricane Milton

Reaction Score
Watching live news reports, 40% of gas stations in the effected area are out of gas. Roads are bumper to bumper traffic. Praying for people getting out safely.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The water aisle at our Publix in Orlando. FWIW, the beer and wine aisle looks pretty empty too

IMG_2569.jpeg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This one looks bad. Saw reports about the roads, people who don't think they can evacuate without running out of gas. One guy said he was going to go south, assuming the roads and gas stations would be clear.

Storm surge will be the most damaging, but lots of downed trees and power lines inland as well. Prayers for all impacted. One positive note is that Florida knows how to prep for this. It isn't going to be surprised like we saw with Helene. Evidently 35,000 linemen are already there. More on the way.

Reaction Score
Most of our neighbors in Sarasota are riding it out. Our hood is not in an evacuation zone…praying for all.
Live in Sarasota also, staying here, we have whole-house generator, hurricane impact windows and doors, options looked worse unless we drove north of Atlanta (end of damage from Helene), ten miles from water, 43 feet above sea level, hoping for the best, best of luck to everyone.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The water aisle at our Publix in Orlando. FWIW, the beer and wine aisle looks pretty empty too

View attachment 104057

You know it's bad when the Aquafina is gone too. No one in Florida likes that stuff. The memes about Aquafina are usually good. Dasani gets cracked on pretty good too.

Reaction Score
Florida's real estate market is taking a major dip. People don't want to move there now do to the hurricane frequency and insurance companies are trying to exit the market. I would never move there. I'll take the dry heat of Arizona.

Reaction Score
Live in Sarasota also, staying here, we have whole-house generator, hurricane impact windows and doors, options looked worse unless we drove north of Atlanta (end of damage from Helene), ten miles from water, 43 feet above sea level, hoping for the best, best of luck to everyone.
My friend and his family in Tampa aren't evacuating, he says it's going to miss them and blast Sarasota. An old friend I don't keep in touch with is in Pinellas Park and she asked on Facebook who is leaving. Must've been 25 responses and everyone is staying except for 1 person. They said the interstate is like a parking lot.

It sounds like you should be safe from the flooding. Good luck to you.

Reaction Score
My friend and his family in Tampa aren't evacuating, he says it's going to miss them and blast Sarasota. An old friend I don't keep in touch with is in Pinellas Park and she asked on Facebook who is leaving. Must've been 25 responses and everyone is staying except for 1 person. They said the interstate is like a parking lot.

It sounds like you should be safe from the flooding. Good luck to you.
Aren't they only about 60 miles apart? Milton seems big enough to blast them both. This article was updated 4 hours ago. Did things change since then?

Reaction Score
Aren't they only about 60 miles apart? Milton seems big enough to blast them both. This article was updated 4 hours ago. Did things change since then?

Yes they are close to each other, I would've gotten out of there. It sounds like they think it will hit Sarasota now but they are so close and who knows?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
All the areas south of the eye have to worry about the storm surge. And a 25 mile difference in landfall will have massive impacts. With the more eastward track, landfall is looking closer to Bradenton or Sarasota.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom