Hurricane Irma Causing Games To Be Rescheduled/Cancelled | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Hurricane Irma Causing Games To Be Rescheduled/Cancelled

Reaction Score
My mistake. If we are talking about this coming Friday, I agree, there should be no issues playing.

I don't think the cancellation was due to this week's game. Dick Vitale can see this clearly.

1. Do we really think USF was worried about losing to UCONN?
2. If USF thinks they can make a NY6 Bowl, they would not want to lose a league game. Them being 10-1 or 11-0 versus a 11-1 or 12-0 team is not going to fall in their favor.

That said, I really don't know why the game was ultimately canceled when they could have played at 10:30am and either been back well before the storm hit, or stay and workout at UConn.

The evidence is right there for anyone with at least one functional to see.

1. Were they afraid of losing to us? No, but were they worried about being distracted and possibly being stuck up here til Monday with a shortened week? Well ask yourself why they didn't keep any of their other teams home in Tampa. I don't suspect the USF AD is all that concerned about the men's soccer team being displaced in Atlanta.

2. They can make a NY6 bowl with a 11-0 record without our game being made up. They cannot make a NY6 bowl at 10-0 missing both of these games.

FIU and UCF cancelled their games this coming weekend. Orlando and Boca Raton were not hit as hard as Tampa. The level of incompetency displayed by multiple teams is astounding.

Reaction Score
Honestly, as much as I've been ripping USF because it impacted us, no school has shown the level of incompetence that UCF has. No AD should jump through hoops to help them out. Pound sand.

Andrea Adelson‏ @aadelsonESPN 11m
Georgia Tech coach Paul Johnson said the school's administration reached out to see whether UCF had an interest in flipping the site for their home-and-home series, having the game this year in Atlanta and the 2020 matchup in Orlando. Johnson said UCF had no interest in doing that, so their game this weekend was canceled as the Knights deal with the after effects from Hurricane Irma. Their home stadium is being used as a staging area for the National Guard, and many in the area remain without power.

Brandon Helwig‏ @UCFSports 7m 7 minutes ago
Brandon Helwig Retweeted Andrea Adelson
GT offered to flip series. But it didn't solve UCF's issue of players being away and limited prep time, plus logistics of travel to Atlanta.

Let me help...
111.jpg

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
It's really too bad for the players--UCF looks like a good team this year, and cancelling two games really screws them up

Honestly, I think both Frost and White screwed the pooch here.

Reaction Score
Honestly, I think both Frost and White screwed the pooch here.

Continue to hear that the decision was made above them for them. Real story may eventually come out but not during recovery efforts.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Continue to hear that the decision was made above them for them. Real story may eventually come out but not during recovery efforts.

Frost isn't the one who let the players leave?

Reaction Score
Frost isn't the one who let the players leave?

From what was relayed to me - It was not a unilateral decision by Athletic Dept. (could always be bad intel but has been reliable in past).

Reaction Score
Georgia Southern and Maine must have been bought out...

Brandon Helwig‏ @UCFSports 18s 18 seconds ago
Game on - for real this time! UCF will host Memphis on Sept. 30. Announcement soon.

Sources: UCF reschedules Memphis game for Sept. 30

AAC really stepping up it appears. Memphis football, UCF working to reschedule game postponed by Hurricane Irma

>>According to a copy of Memphis' home-and-home agreement with Georgia State obtained by The Commercial Appeal through a public-records request, such a change would trigger an $800,000 cancellation fee in addition to "the expenses incurred by the home team, if any." Such costs could be covered by the American Athletic Conference.<< (my emphasis)

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom