Hurley's gonna pull his right ear clean off | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hurley's gonna pull his right ear clean off

Reaction Score
How about wins against USF like Ollie did? Hey I'm not here to crap on Hurley(nor am I here to praise KO)but the team looked awful. But when this same team looked awful last year 2 games in a row we balled the coach. He's been here long enough to get a look at regarding their performance anyone who thinks otherwise isn't being realistic. some of the same old traits have been showing up lately, much because they are the same crappy players but why against a team we should beat and have beaten? The time outs were saved for what reason? There are things to answer to. I will bring up one thing I don't like for sure much like KO's pouting, whining faces when he sits. Dan Hurley does too much bitching to the refs complete opposite of the previous guy. Almost to the point he spends too much time asking them about a damn call than coaching his guys who are crapping all over themselves.
The comparisons aren't fair because he isn't the one that brought these players here and he hasn't coached them for more than a few months. I don't think Hurley's strength is ever going to be Xs and Os. His strength is going to be bringing in talent and coaching that talent up. Part of that is getting guys that are not only skilled but who want to do whatever they can to win. Be it off-season workouts, extra shots in the gym, attitude on the court, etc.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
It has already begun! Only took 14 games for people to start thinking they know better than the coach. Let's already fire Coach Hurley and be done with it. Shudder up the whole athletic program

Reaction Score
Cobb at times seemed to have no idea where he should be on the court.
Really??? At least he doesn't look like he just learned how to play the game of basketball yesterday like Carlton does. Cobb's problem is he's not playing enough.

Reaction Score
It has already begun! Only took 14 games for people to start thinking they know better than the coach. Let's already fire Coach Hurley and be done with it. Shudder up the whole athletic program

That's BS no one wants Hurley gone but we can't ask why they looked like crap? Is he getting paid or is this a volunteer job?

It's still coaching whether it's crappy players or good ones.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
That's BS no one wants Hurley gone but we can't ask why they looked like crap? Is he getting paid or is this a volunteer job?

To be clear, I was speaking of you directly. You obviously know when Hurley should take his timeouts better than when he does. Of course you do!

Reaction Score
Cobb at times seemed to have no idea where he should be on the court.
Yeah, he looks lost on defense but even looked unsure of himself in offense today. I guess never getting the ball inside is playing into his head.

Reaction Score
The comparisons aren't fair because he isn't the one that brought these players here and he hasn't coached them for more than a few months. I don't think Hurley's strength is ever going to be Xs and Os. His strength is going to be bringing in talent and coaching that talent up. Part of that is getting guys that are not only skilled but who want to do whatever they can to win. Be it off-season workouts, extra shots in the gym, attitude on the court, etc.

I agree but they are the same players so why isn't it fair? Heck I'm not saying we're not in much better shape having him for the long run than KO but the Huskies made some nice runs last year mostly because they beat teams like USF to win 5 of 7 or something. The only difference was Larrier for us they have some nice players but no one to go crazy over. We were outplayed dramatically for 25 minutes and while we know it to be on the players fir a high % the coach needs to make an impact too. I admit, I need to see more. X's and O's, whatever get something out of these guys, coach them up, make them tougher just don't want to see the same ol thing and for now we are.

Reaction Score
To be clear, I was speaking of you directly. You obviously know when Hurley should take his timeouts better than when he does. Of course you do!

Thanks appreciate the input. Never said I did but you're all over it nice job.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
Thanks appreciate the input. Never said I did but you're all over it nice job.

You only questioned his timeout use extensively as if you had any clue. But you're right you don't know better. You are also obviously qualified to say Coach is not an "X and O's" guy. I'm sure you came to that conclusion in a sensible manner.

My suggestion would be to let Coach work his process. You don't just wipe away all negative tendencies and traits that were built into this team the past 3 years. If this the result 2 years from now, then we can grab the pitchforks.

Reaction Score
Bottom line we were out muscled and hustled. We knew going in we had a terrible half court offense but its worse when we cant hit open shots. Polley had great looks when they were making their run and missed. Everyone was missing in that stretch. We were running sets and getting open looks but couldnt make anything. They grabbed 15 Offensive rebounds. Hurley can shoulder some blame as all coaches do but not much can be done if your bigs can't rebound or your best shooters cant hit wide open shots.

Hurley said prior to game that he wanted to slow things up of made baskets to limit turnovers. I knew this was a bad idea. We need to push as much as possible and stay away fromm a half court game.

What we needed was Jalen to step up and put that team and their run in their place like Baz, Kemba, AJ, Caron, BG, or Khlaid would have but he disappeared at the end of the half and to start the 2nd half. Sure scored 25 but like 10 of those were meaningless points. Refs calling bad fouls all day on drives and we have the one guard who can't draw fouls.

Reaction Score
I think the ear pull means our center goes to the top of the key, receives the pass and then hands it off to a guard. Cobb looks much better at this than Carlton.

Reaction Score
You only questioned his timeout use extensively as if you had any clue. But you're right you don't know better. You are also obviously qualified to say Coach is not an "X and O's" guy. I'm sure you came to that conclusion in a sensible manner.

My suggestion would be to let Coach work his process. You don't just wipe away all negative tendencies and traits that were built into this team the past 3 years. If this the result 2 years from now, then we can grab the pitchforks.

I didn’t say anything about Xs and Os or questioning them I was answering others thoughts. And I have no pitchfork so relax and worry about yourself.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
I didn’t say anything about Xs and Os or questioning them I was answering others thoughts. And I have no pitchfork so relax and worry about yourself.

Mad online is the modern day pitchfork.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

We can, and the lack of effective adjustments is concerning, but did you really ask why a first year coach isn't criticized as much as a coach in his sixth who was in the middle of second losing season?

It's too soon to make a judgment on Hurley. For most of us that dampens the vitriol. This is the BY though, so give it time.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
It looks like Hurley is having a hard time getting thru to the team, especially Jalen. If you watch closely he has to bark orders at individual players to set screens and run swings. It’s pretty astonishing they haven’t learned how to move on the floor yet.

Most of these kids are just clueless and in over their heads. Nothing wrong with that, Ollie recruited poorly for too many years and now it’s showing. It’s gonna take time.

Reaction Score
I would like to see Wilson get more minutes if Polley is giving us next to nothing as at least he provides off the ball shot blocking ability and some rebounding prowess with his leaping.
Not having Yakwe was a killer last night. Not that he would have solved all of the team's (many) issues last, but his defensive presence would have really helped.

Reaction Score
How about wins against USF like Ollie did? Hey I'm not here to crap on Hurley(nor am I here to praise KO)but the team looked awful. But when this same team looked awful last year 2 games in a row we balled the coach. He's been here long enough to get a look at regarding their performance anyone who thinks otherwise isn't being realistic. some of the same old traits have been showing up lately, much because they are the same crappy players but why against a team we should beat and have beaten? The time outs were saved for what reason? There are things to answer to. I will bring up one thing I don't like for sure much like KO's pouting, whining faces when he sits. Dan Hurley does too much bitching to the refs complete opposite of the previous guy. Almost to the point he spends too much time asking them about a damn call than coaching his guys who are crapping all over themselves.
I think we should probably caveat that the 2018 USF team already has more wins than USF had during each of the last four seasons. Are they a good team? No, but they're a heck of a lot better than any USF team that KO faced. But yes, they looked very bad an some of Hurley's coaching decisions have been questionable at best.

Reaction Score
It looks like Hurley is having a hard time getting thru to the team, especially Jalen. If you watch closely he has to bark orders at individual players to set screens and run swings. It’s pretty astonishing they haven’t learned how to move on the floor yet.

Most of these kids are just clueless and in over their heads. Nothing wrong with that, Ollie recruited poorly for too many years and now it’s showing. It’s gonna take time.
He had to yell at Carlton to run last night and then he proceeded to catch a pass near the basket and fumble into the air instead of dunking over a guard

Reaction Score

Hurley is making progress but it's going to be a tough season. Good news is if this FSU team had played us last year you could have added it to the list of 30 point blowouts.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

It was so quiet in the arena yesterday you could hear at various times “CV YOU’RE SUPPOSED TO GUARD NUMBER 3” “JALEN JALEN JALEN JALEN MOVE YOUR FEET” “AL YOU NEED TO BRING THE BALL UP”

He wasn’t “HIT HIM YOU MOTHER F|_| { |< ER” mad just literally had to scream every single direction. No instincts on this team.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
It was so quiet in the arena yesterday you could hear at various times “CV YOU’RE SUPPOSED TO GUARD NUMBER 3” “JALEN JALEN JALEN JALEN MOVE YOUR FEET” “AL YOU NEED TO BRING THE BALL UP”

He wasn’t “HIT HIM YOU MOTHER F|_| { |< ER” mad just literally had to scream every single direction. No instincts on this team.
You can only coach if your players listen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom