Hurley's gonna pull his right ear clean off | The Boneyard

Hurley's gonna pull his right ear clean off

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Don't know what he us trying to signal to the team...but they don't seem to be listening

Reaction Score
what adjustments would you make?
Anything so the opponent doesn't go on double digit plus rungs against them the first 10 minutes of the second half while only scoring 10 points.

Reaction Score
Polley's shooting makes it 3 on 5 on offense and teams realize that UConn bigs are worthless on offense. If Kofi is watching, maybe he's thinking I could average 15 and 12 because nobody else but maybe another freshmen is going to play underneath.

Reaction Score
Zero effort. Zero discipline. One of the worst games I can remember in years. Our players suck, but we are better than USF and they embarrassed us. Dan Hurley’s job is to get the best out of our players. He is doing a piss poor job right Now. I love the way he talks about the direction of the program, but this is a poorly run team.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
USF sucks. We have a lot of problems with our roster but we are much more talented than them. This is horrible
We have guards with some skills. And we have tall guys who like to have a little fun at the YMCA on the team.

Reaction Score
How is everyone on USF's talent? Minus a few good possessions by Alterique, Rideau got to the rim all night. He was the best player on the court tonight hands down. Our guards didn't have an answer for him defensively & our front court got absolutely manhandled on the boards. If you think we're more talented than USF after that game you must have been watching a different game.
In all fairness, Rideau got to the rim all night because he had absolutely no fear of UConn's front court playing competent defense. He's a relatively one-dimensional player that would get erased at the rim against a team with big men that play defense. Carlton especially was a master class in defensive ineptitude tonight.

Reaction Score
Zero effort. Zero discipline. One of the worst games I can remember in years. Our players suck, but we are better than USF and they embarrassed us. Dan Hurley’s job is to get the best out of our players. He is doing a piss poor job right Now. I love the way he talks about the direction of the program, but this is a poorly run team.

Serious question: how do you think this team of KO's players would look with JC at the helm? What exactly is Hurley supposed to be getting out of guys with zero basketball IQ and zero toughness?

Reaction Score
dont think we have the personnel to make adjustments
When you look on the bench & Whaley is the option to sub in the frontcourt with subs already starting you got problems. As bad as this froncourt is the only chance we have to beat good teams is make a dozen 3's.

Reaction Score
what adjustments would you make?
Only put Carlton in if we're up by 30, and if our coach had been Jim Calhoun the entire starting five would have been benched mid second half. We were out hustled and outboxed for every rebound.

Reaction Score
In all fairness, Rideau got to the rim all night because he had absolutely no fear of UConn's front court playing competent defense. He's a relatively one-dimensional player that would get erased at the rim against a team with big men that play defense. Carlton especially was a master class in defensive ineptitude tonight.
I would like to see Wilson get more minutes if Polley is giving us next to nothing as at least he provides off the ball shot blocking ability and some rebounding prowess with his leaping.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He tried Carlton, Cobb, Whaley, Polley, and Wilson. Who else we got?
I thought Cobb played well but was not on the floor when we needed him. Carlton continues to look like he just played basketball for the first time yesterday. Where we lost the game was our guard play in the 2nd half, offense, defense, free throws, take your pick.

Reaction Score
Serious question: how do you think this team of KO's players would look with JC at the helm? What exactly is Hurley supposed to be getting out of guys with zero basketball IQ and zero toughness?

How about wins against USF like Ollie did? Hey I'm not here to crap on Hurley(nor am I here to praise KO)but the team looked awful. But when this same team looked awful last year 2 games in a row we balled the coach. He's been here long enough to get a look at regarding their performance anyone who thinks otherwise isn't being realistic. some of the same old traits have been showing up lately, much because they are the same crappy players but why against a team we should beat and have beaten? The time outs were saved for what reason? There are things to answer to. I will bring up one thing I don't like for sure much like KO's pouting, whining faces when he sits. DH does too much bitching to the refs complete opposite of the previous guy. Almost to the point he spends too much time asking them about a damn call than coaching his guys who are crapping all over themselves.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I thought Cobb played well but was not on the floor when we needed him. Carlton continues to look like he just played basketball for the first time yesterday. Where we lost the game was our guard play in the 2nd half, offense, defense, free throws, take your pick.
Cobb at times seemed to have no idea where he should be on the court.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom